Bit Of A Yarn

The Magic Man

Freda

Interesting to hear people's personal opinion on the most memorable wins or placings over his career, for me did witness him winning the grand national on ampac, one of his three wins in the race, but his Melbourne cup placing on mercator was a highlight for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billy connolly said:

Phenomenal achievement for a South Island based jockey, even more phenomenal to do it from Amberley !

In his heyday he had no peer, king of the pigskin ... by far.

Is 2542 victories eligible for the Hall of Fame or did Johnson not go to the right school ???

Hey take it easy bc. Some very good people have come out of Amberley!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shad said:

Interesting to hear people's personal opinion on the most memorable wins or placings over his career, for me did witness him winning the grand national on ampac, one of his three wins in the race

Those hurdle victories epitomized Johnson as a gifted rider with great balance and hands, few (if any) of our best flat riders in history had that versatility.

• Champ Post 1

Agree with you on all counts, very gifted and had the balls to take the hurdles at the highest level, not many have done that, many have come and gone over the years, so his longevity in the game has been second to none, your obviously a good judge bill, probably rode yourself. 

3 hours ago, Huey said:

An absolute legend of a sportsman, so happy to see him break the record. I think Tony Lee said his life would make a great movie...couldn't agree more!

Action , comedy , drama or romcom , or all of them . Wouldn't be boring , i want to know who plays the RIU characters because they wont be bit parts .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2