Bit Of A Yarn

What about this for a 2yr old field at Ellerslie this Saturday Boxing Day 2020?!

Chief Stipe

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why single out the Sistema Stakes?  There are heaps of other indicators that there is a problem.

Hello! Because those are the lowest noms most recently out, much has been written about those other races without me having to comment on them. Stop beating around the bush and making excuses for it, don't tell me youre now a member at Ellerslie? 

The industry should be very worried by those initial nominations and you know it. Much has been said about the direction its heading in and most of it is coming home to roost , I have to say faster than  I'd even imagined. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Huey said:

Hello! Because those are the lowest noms most recently out, much has been written about those other races without me having to comment on them. Stop beating around the bush and making excuses for it, don't tell me youre now a member at Ellerslie? 

The industry should be very worried by those initial nominations and you know it. Much has been said about the direction its heading in and most of it is coming home to roost , I have to say faster than  I'd even imagined. 

I didn't say or think what you infer I did or do.

However my gripe is that most are focusing on the symptoms not the cause.  As for the cause I have seen NO evidence that anything has changed.  Some are quick to knock down those that are succeeding in this environment but overlook the root cause.

The industry needs to unite and focus on those in the top admin positions - McKenzie, George, Saundry, Godber, Woodham, Hughes.  

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

I didn't say or think what you infer I did or do.

However my gripe is that most are focusing on the symptoms not the cause.  As for the cause I have seen NO evidence that anything has changed.  Some are quick to knock down those that are succeeding in this environment but overlook the root cause.

The industry needs to unite and focus on those in the top admin positions - McKenzie, George, Saundry, Godber, Woodham, Hughes.  

Chief, are you chewing on some of the Te AKau hay today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For me it's the same issue , horses being sold overseas . Aus is ramping it up in the purchase of fillies , where they would fork out mega bucks once the form showed after summer , now how many fillies got sold in the spring after showing some form in mediocre black type races . Stormy sold to HK so there is one that would have been there .

And whether we want to accept it or not The Te Akau dominance is a huge factor , not their fault , they are simply working with what is there .

I mentioned a few weeks back about a 2yo filly i had a small share in , sold to the Hayes stable , 1 unlucky 4th at it's first trial showing an extremely good turn of foot , but 150k speaks . I wish she had stayed , would have been a live chance in the Matamata Breeders the hopefully the G1's on what she had been showing , but not now , so if they are prepared to start sourcing that type of horse what chance have we got .

As for solves i would suggest we don't start racing our 2yo's from mid Nov and stop these stupid 800 races , especially once we are into Feb and March , we have trials for 800's , get the stakes up as an incentive for people to put horses into work , plus get a regular program in place , at present it is higglety pigglety , then have a pathway into Black type races , 1 G1 2yo race , a championship if you will , and stop clubs having to squeeze their race in somewhere just to have , New Plymouth a classic case in point . With these races working toward the championship race . The Karaka race is the fly in the ointment . Does it benefit our " INDUSTRY " or not . Another whole discussion right there 

This isn't just a 2yo issue , as you say Huey the recent G1's for older horses are just becoming a farce . The whole racing structure needs scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up , our biggest issue is the " DOOR STOPS " we have managing the industry , until we get , and have said this repeatedly , people with real vision and courage we will continue in these ever decreasing circles .

• Like 2

This is just one example of whats wrong with the sport in this country, this in any form cannot be a good thing. The powers that be don't understand how the the industry operates, that all areas are required to sustain the pyramid scheme.

Just another nothing race on a Thursday.

https://loveracing.nz/News/32779/NewhomeawayfromhomeforMarlboroughCup.aspx

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

22 hours ago, nomates said:

now how many fillies got sold in the spring after showing some form in mediocre black type races . 

So i see two of fillies that were sold out of NZ after gaining black type in the spring are running today in Sydney , Matchmaker running in R5 and Only Words in R7 , both with Waller , be an interesting watch .

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

So i see two of fillies that were sold out of NZ after gaining black type in the spring are running today in Sydney , Matchmaker running in R5 and Only Words in R7 , both with Waller , be an interesting watch .

Actually have just noticed Tinker McFee in R5 also , also with Waller . All 3 sold around the same time .

On 9/03/2021 at 3:17 PM, nomates said:

For me it's the same issue , horses being sold overseas

And it continues , Montre Moi under offer to Hong Kong , this is exactly why our bigger G1's are lacking any depth , our quality 3yo's just keep getting plucked .

How many of the better 3yo's out of the Derby will still be here next year . 

They have to find a solution , otherwise our best races will be full of R65's .

Doing nothing is not a solution .

• Like 3