Bit Of A Yarn

Farewell Purdons, Results Tonite??

Newmarket

4 hours ago, Davis said:

You are right the same owners will still win the majority of G1 races despite the AS breakup. Many of those owners are also significant breeders, the Whitecocks and Trevor Casey, have well-performed and well-bred fillies who are breeding on. I think this is because the AS do not over race fillies and mares, most are retired to stud as 4yos. There's bound to be new money come into the sport as younger trainers attract new owners too. It's going to be interesting. Perhaps, Mr Cullen will surprise and been an even better trainer than Purdon/Rasmussen?

The White Cocks?

I think Chief wants to keep BOAY as seemly as possible without much smut or racism!

smut

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Victoria has the better Stakes racing so if Nathan or Michael Purdon were to set up there (Would be the best step for them) they are sure to get good horses and good results. AND MANY BIG RACES coming up soon.

pretty sure nathan is headed there on his dads advice

• Like 1

Been scanning the posts on this topic for a while!

I have not seen JJ’s answer to the question that I asked him!
I asked him what the training bills had been at the AllStars for a horse that was racing, as he had seen some bills from there, and he had connections with the stable!

I have heard of amounts, so lets just see what he comes up with!

Silence tends to suggest that Brodie is on the money, unless we hear from JJ!!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Been scanning the posts on this topic for a while!

I have not seen JJ’s answer to the question that I asked him!
I asked him what the training bills had been at the AllStars for a horse that was racing, as he had seen some bills from there, and he had connections with the stable!

Silence tends to suggest that Brodie is on the money, unless we hear from JJ!!!!

Good luck with getting paul to reply. He likes to think he is a know it all. Considering it was stated at the time all stars was having a change of trainer that the training bills would be less, I am certain he won't be fronting up!!!

speaking of being a know it all . Noticed paul on the other site staying Jim curtin was basing himself in reefton for the west coast circuit. If jimmy spent more than 6 hours in reefton for the whole circuit I will be very surprised!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

What is an average monthly bill for a horse that is racing?

Just over 3.2 k was the last i saw- Given daily rate unlike you im not seeing all these extras you mention. Also im not making  claims like you did based on hearsay but then again very few deal with facts in this forum, you have to go a long way to hear more rumor's than here but its good for a laugh and is probably what keeps the site going now that fact finders like Happy have departed

Apologies for late reply but i dont spend all day on this site like some

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

I seem to recall PMing you with a certain CEO's salary which was proven correct. Given it came from someone within the tent it was always going to be on the money as you say.

I see Bloss still trying to work out who i am - keep guessing cos your wrong thus far

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Just over 3.2 k was the last i saw- Given daily rate unlike you im not seeing all these extras you mention. Also im not making  claims like you did based on hearsay but then again very few deal with facts in this forum, you have to go a long way to hear more rumor's than here but its good for a laugh and is probably what keeps the site going now that fact finders like Happy have departed

Apologies for late reply but i dont spend all day on this site like some

JJ, was the $3200 for a months training for a horse in work?

If it is,  I say you are fabricating it!

From what I have from good sources, training costs around $100 per day plus GST, plus many extras!

The daily charge alone with GST makes it well over your $3200.

What about all the supplements, shoeing, transport, vets?????

You need your glasses on if you think bills at the AllStars for a month  is only $3200.

• Like 1

based on hearsay but then again very few deal with facts in this forum, you have to go a long way to hear more rumor's than here but its good for a laugh and is probably what keeps the site going now that fact finders like Happy have departed

Hi JJ,

I am currently part of this site as a poster, so feel the put down is potentially directed at me too. Just solely to address part of your post that I have pasted above. Not coming at your personally. Hope you are well. As below my clap back would be:

1. Which site posted 1st between the 2 sites, that a press release would be out soon to confirm rumours that the Addington starter has gone? - (BOAY) - (Mikie)

1a. Which site went and copied Mikies exact wording and posted on other site - RC (SpikeCity).

2. Which site was it that posted 1st the fact that there had been a horse transfer change - re Kerr? Answer (BOAY) (me) 

2a. Which person after reading these posts 2a, and asking posters from this site for more details went and then copied the topic and started a thread about the subject on another site RC (you) 

3. Which site posted 1st the hear say, about Kerr with selling shares, hearsay to a point that the thread was taken down (other site RC) - who started this thread that was taken down RC (you)

4. On the other hand, which site posters, knew/found out behind the scenes what was happening, (& all but 1) chose to wait for full facts to come out - (BOAY) 

5. Which site played a fun pick a winner prior the NZ Cup & as a result helped to build up excitement with various potential scenarios - (BOAY) by (Happy) 

6. Which site started 1st a thread about the Addington starter, which as a result helped with all the other noise around to have started replaced (BOAY) - (Derek)

7. Which site posted 1st H Habraken vs RIU (BOAY) (Happy). 

7a. Which posted the next day went to the other site and flat out copied this and posted it there? RC (you)

8. Which site played pick a winner and helped build up interest in the 3y-o fillies race (BOAY) (me)

9. Which poster on here has said they "hear things" - now goes & says it is a bad thing & laughs about it, as per the cut/pasted above? (you)

So Brodie has heard something about All Stars, and not sharing it, as is aware that it is a public forum and it maybe incorrect. 

I too have heard something, & just had fun with it, its quite different you see. To be clear it is not All Stars going to Norway lol. Hunter & I are just being silly cheeky monkeys. But we are leaving it there & awaiting if anything should come out & if so full facts. Otherwise it remains as untrue gossip.

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Shall we put some perspective on the cost aspect.

First some assumptions -

• two preps in a year at 4 months each and 4 months off;
  • no major vet fees due to injury;
  • extras included in the total per month - never JJ or Brodie have indicated what is included or not included so one must assume it includes float fees, staff accommodation and Natalie giving your horse a pat every now and then.

JJ Flash (pissing from inside the tent) says $3.2k a month - presumably in full work!  So two preps in full work that's $25k.
Brodie says north of that at 5k so that's $40k.

$25k = $100/day - there are thoroughbred trainers charging a lot more than that plus extras.
$40k = $160/day - that's on par with your Sydney or Melbourne thoroughbred trainer and doesn't include Gai patting your horse.

Your average galloping trainer doesn't actually ride your horse and the big league probably only spends 10 minutes with your horse each day - even then that would be rare.  When you have 400 horses in work in three locations in two States then it is impossible to see even 10% of them.

So what did you get from the All Stars for your money:

• a quick and honest assessment early in your horse's career - they cull their mugs pretty quickly and sure they get it wrong occasionally but you won't be paying them money based on false promises;
  • scientifically customised feeding based on your horse's individual needs;
  • state of the art premium training facilities and equipment;
  • top line drivers working with your horse each day;
  • at least an hours hands on attention with your horse each day from qualified staff;
  • a bare minimum of 10 mins attention from Mark and or Natalie each day;
  • proven training regimes tailored specifically to your horse based on decades of Purdon experience;
  • no doubt much more.

Then of course you get results:

• a UDR average for the 2014 to 2030 of 0.4675 - that is twice that of any other major stable.  Essentially one out of two starts you are in the money;
  • an average of $4m in stakes per year - again more than double any other trainer;
  • 20 Grp 1 wins a year!;
  • other major wins each season - too many to count!;
  • 14 Training Premierships.

If you were serious about winning a major race and could afford the fees then you would have been a mug not to have had your horse in the All Stars stable.

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You need your glasses on if you think bills at the AllStars for a month  is only $3200.

Where is your proof Brodie?  Regardless even if it is $5k a month that's $40k a year for full work.  I know from experience that you don't get much change out of $40k per year to race a galloper and you only get 10 starts in a year if you are lucky!  

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Where is your proof Brodie?  Regardless even if it is $5k a month that's $40k a year for full work.  I know from experience that you don't get much change out of $40k per year to race a galloper and you only get 10 starts in a year if you are lucky!  

Chief, never had a horse  with Allstars obviously, so I have no bills!!!!

The AllStars reportedly raised their daily charge from memory a year or two ago, to $100.

We all know that this is just the start!

Shoeing, vets, supplements, transport, nasal strips, accommodation etc.etc.

One well known trainer sent a horse to the AllStars to be trained!

The first bill reportedly was closer to $6k than $5k!

Yes this is hearsay, however think about it, could easily be that.

Lets just see if anyone else is prepared to post on here that a months full training at the AllStars is around $3200!,,

I say bollacks when we know  they charge the most in the South Island.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I seem to recall PMing you with a certain CEO's salary which was proven correct. Given it came from someone within the tent it was always going to be on the money as you say.

I see Bloss still trying to work out who i am - keep guessing cos your wrong thus far

JJ! No idea whatsoever if you were right about the CEO’s salary!

A CEO should be paid what he is  worth!

If he/she is useless, then they are not worth paying!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1