Bit Of A Yarn

Farewell Purdons, Results Tonite??

Newmarket

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

Now with the opportunity to own a horse with a chance of earning good money in the bigger stake races, there is some chance.

Surely if your a good horse (an AS horse) your still going to be a good horse with a different trainer hence they will still win good races and the same owners will still win. Also the As owners will still buy good well bred horses, cause they can, so will they keep winning so the same owners will keep winning the big money. 

Can you expain how this will not happen just because the AS are now not training, well not publically anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Surely if your a good horse (an AS horse) your still going to be a good horse with a different trainer hence they will still win good races and the same owners will still win. Also the As owners will still buy good well bred horses, cause they can, so will they keep winning so the same owners will keep winning the big money. 

Can you expain how this will not happen just because the AS are now not training, well not publically anyway. 

when your good at training why give up ? not as if they are old granny's

3 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

when your good at training why give up ? not as if they are old granny's

Marks 56 I sure will have plenty of money behind him so why not ease up. There are thusands of affluent people who retire in their 40s and 50s to enjoy life. Look at Brodie who tells us he doesnt need to work any more. Why should MP be any diffenrent or are you just annoyed that he is giving up LOL

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Good horses have been ruined by poor trainers. There's an art to preparing younger horses to get them to G1 level and many trainers do not have it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harewood said:

Marks 56 I sure will have plenty of money behind him so why not ease up. There are thusands of affluent people who retire in their 40s and 50s to enjoy life. Look at Brodie who tells us he doesnt need to work any more. Why should MP be any diffenrent or are you just annoyed that he is giving up LOL

Brodie cleaned out the TAB, richest man in New Zealand, then he was banned...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Harewood, let us just wait and see!

The domination by the one stable of all the group races has been a major negative for harness racing in NZ over the last decade or so!

You go back and look at the full fields, the evenness of racing and the interest from the public.

This has certainly gone backwards hugely due to the domination.

We had 2 year olds aplenty racing from November but this has become non existent now because owners and trainers knkw they are just wasting their time as they wont be besting the AllStars 2 year olds!

Yes the current AllStars owners will leave their horses with Hayden Cullen but if the results are not there then they will go elsewhere or drop out as they are not getting any you ger.

Jean Feiss will pull out from racing in NZ now that AllStars have disbanded as she will just race in Oz.

It is going to be very interesting what results come out of the Cullen barn if he is left to train without the same assistance !

You would wonder whether the training bills are going to drop drastically at the Cullen barn without the huge extras that are charged for?

Owners there demand results or they wont be staying too long!
Tim Williams will start training on his own or in partnership with Cullen.

Personally think the disbanding is the best news for harness racing for a very long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harewood said:

lol  hope he has good break away Norway is nice place to go 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Davis said:

Good horses have been ruined by poor trainers. There's an art to preparing younger horses to get them to G1 level and many trainers do not have it.

True but the good ones already in training will go to good trainers i am sure and the younger ones which will cost big money will also be placed with the better trainers. I dont think many will eend up with the "poor trainers" as you put it. So the same owners will keep winning surely

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally think the disbanding is the best news for harness racing for a very long time.

Thanks for your reply and yes i do agree with you on lots of your points. It will be good to have the horses spread around a bit more and not have so many from one stable in the same race however I still feel that the same owners will still win the majority of the big races, at least in the near future, untill other big cashed up players enter the market and start buying the better juveniles. Dont forget that MP is still going to be the buyer for his former owners and we all know he has a great eye for horeflesh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You would wonder whether the training bills are going to drop drastically at the Cullen barn without the huge extras that are charged for?

Tell us more about the huge extras or is this just more hearsay/bullshit  from you as we all know your thoughts on All Stars stable and their successes over many years.

Having seen a few AS accounts I'm pretty sure i know what they look like- have you??

• Bad Post 1

8 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Tell us more about the huge extras or is this just more hearsay/bullshit  from you as we all know your thoughts on All Stars stable and their successes over many years.

Having seen a few AS accounts I'm pretty sure i know what they look like- have you??

JJ, so you have some connection to the AS stable!

What is an average monthly bill for a horse that is racing?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Great trotters in Norway. Maybe you are onto something. Is this the undisclosed secret.

None one the Scandinavian trotters imported by Mr T. Butt to race here were much good and haven't done much better in breeding paddock.

48 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Thanks for your reply and yes i do agree with you on lots of your points. It will be good to have the horses spread around a bit more and not have so many from one stable in the same race however I still feel that the same owners will still win the majority of the big races, at least in the near future, untill other big cashed up players enter the market and start buying the better juveniles. Dont forget that MP is still going to be the buyer for his former owners and we all know he has a great eye for horeflesh.

You are right the same owners will still win the majority of G1 races despite the AS breakup. Many of those owners are also significant breeders, the Whitecocks and Trevor Casey, have well-performed and well-bred fillies who are breeding on. I think this is because the AS do not over race fillies and mares, most are retired to stud as 4yos. There's bound to be new money come into the sport as younger trainers attract new owners too. It's going to be interesting. Perhaps, Mr Cullen will surprise and been an even better trainer than Purdon/Rasmussen?

1 hour ago, Harewood said:

True but the good ones already in training will go to good trainers i am sure and the younger ones which will cost big money will also be placed with the better trainers. I dont think many will eend up with the "poor trainers" as you put it. So the same owners will keep winning surely

ONE CHANGE (part owned by ALLstars Pty Ltd) already racing and winning heaps in QLD since Spring. along with TURN IT UP , so they have some trainers to send to. (NAT's sister Vicki)

Victoria has the better Stakes racing so if Nathan or Michael Purdon were to set up there (Would be the best step for them) they are sure to get good horses and good results. AND MANY BIG RACES coming up soon.

Princess Tiffany won a group1 100k race New Years Eve as well !!!

Anthony Butt has been down Victoria latter half of 2020. not quite the same winning results as Menangle as there a lot more horses and trainers in Victoria. very competitive.