Bit Of A Yarn

The Chris Johnson Racecourse

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I must say the fields at Riccarton are shyte.  Have Pitty's horse's all gone sore?

Will the 14 horses that line up in the "Final Touch & Camino Rocoso Chris Johnson Celebration" - R65 1600m have won more races and contributed more to the industry by the end of their racing careers than the 14 that line up in the Karaka Million 2yo "Best Ever" field on Saturday ?

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Will the 14 horses that line up in the "Final Touch & Camino Rocoso Chris Johnson Celebration" - R65 1600m have won more races and contributed more to the industry by the end of their racing careers than the 14 that line up in the Karaka Million 2yo "Best Ever" field on Saturday ?

Let it go.  You are only diminishing CWJ's achievement.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I must say the fields at Riccarton are shyte.  Have Pitty's horse's all gone sore?

Money is piss poor and they irrigated the track yesterday and it ended up patchy.  Riccarton is a disaster area when they irrigate because they cannot seem to get it consistent across the track and it ends up varying across the track.  And this track has the late summer autumn sequence of meetings to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reefton said:

Money is piss poor and they irrigated the track yesterday and it ended up patchy.  Riccarton is a disaster area when they irrigate because they cannot seem to get it consistent across the track and it ends up varying across the track.  And this track has the late summer autumn sequence of meetings to come.

Yeah, was talking to Michael this morning.

I didn't think that irrigation was allowed to be done the day before?

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Yeah, was talking to Michael this morning.

I didn't think that irrigation was allowed to be done the day before?

I was asked to do it at Reefton two days before - but he thought of MRP's reaction made me laugh and say NOOOOOOOOO!

I wouldn't have anyway

I am talking through my pocket (and wearing my owners hat) but it is bloody frustrating having a track that is supposed to be the flagship of SI racing that is clearly not up to scratch

Edited by Reefton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reefton said:

I was asked to do it at Reefton two days before - but he thought of MRP's reaction made me laugh and say NOOOOOOOOO!

I wouldn't have anyway

I am talking through my pocket (and wearing my owners hat) but it is bloody frustrating having a track that is supposed to be the flagship of SI racing that is clearly not up to scratch

And yet in NZ racing land this is not an isolated scenario.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Very small nominations for Riccarton saturday,the southern meetings are going better than Canterbury at present,numbers have been poor since cup week,what's going on?

On 1/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Reefton said:

And yet excellent courses such as Oamaru are completely under utilised.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Very small nominations for Riccarton saturday,the southern meetings are going better than Canterbury at present,numbers have been poor since cup week,what's going on?

The Riccarton track is a big issue - they do not seem able to get the irrigation right.  Those noms at both Riccarton and for the Thornton are a joke given the money on offer