Bit Of A Yarn

Pressure On Hayden With Amazing Dream?

Newmarket

2 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Why no good /awful for punting On ?

If Allstars aren't dominating now, surely some good prices on other runners could be taken and collects made. ???  OFF and GONE $9  , Watch Me Now $12, Pembrook Playboy $5.50 2nd fav, they all had very good form lately and all went very well😴..  seems a good time for a bet then ???

unfortunately Gammalite backed REGAZZO MACH and got beaten by an Allstars oldie. hahahaha irony hurts lol..

Gamma, hate the Premier meetings for punting on!

Give us a non winners race any day!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, hate the Premier meetings for punting on!

You bet on maidens ??  so potentially you are losing money betting to win on horses that have never won before and might never win ever ??  that is very bold. thought you were a good punter?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Personally think it is a load of BS that was announced in regards to taking a break from the horses!

There is more to it than just needing a break or he and training partner would not be around and Purdon wouldnt be needing to drive the horses!

There is no doubt whatsoever that the early stages is clearly showing that the stable horses are no where near as dominating as they were,

do you think elmer sensed the pending downturn and decided to protect his historical training udr

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Race 4 Menangle coming up has Stylish Memphis (mark Jones) for NZ. very short at $3.20 .good luck.

If you want a similar horse, with many Menangle wins and been chasing TURN IT UP around lately , which is too hard. take a look at CHEVRONS REWARD (robbie morris) Back in mares class , much easier.

I'm on for 10ew at 30 the win and 4.40pl Sportsbet.

8 hours ago, Trotsfan said:

To be fair newmarket has a point this was a premier night which Mark  & Natalie dominate.

Usually they would win  between 4 & 6 races any less and it would be classed a poor night.

For whatever reason Cullen didn,t have the numbers and wins 

Is this going to be the new normal premier night?

1. By this i mean Cullen having about 10 runners and 1-3 wins 

2. instead of Mark & Nat having about 20 runners and 4-6 winners.

3. And lots of other stables sharing in the spoils.

4. And also really exciting racing with everybody feeling they have got a great chance of picking up some good stakes and driving there horses accordingly.

PS Come in Brodie am i on the money

Spot on, looks like a few owners mite have changed trainers. This whole saga is crazy, so Purdon gives up training, yet still assists and drive for cullen??? Its crazy, 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Yes 1st Group 1 & must be very special for her + U May Cullect is Back

U May Cullect winning today I see, another beauty from the Deep South?

Majestic Man close up 4th in the Group 1 just now at Melton, deserved win for TOUGH MONARCH was good. always gives his best like MMan too.

Karrots , the lady driving 'Red Hot Tooth' in that G1 trot , named Kerryn Manning has driven her 4000th winner recently !!  how cool is that, don't think I've seen 4000 races lol.

young Kirstin is on her way !!! 2 big wins in 24 hours !! excellent. 

50 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Race 4 Menangle coming up has Stylish Memphis (mark Jones) for NZ. very short at $3.20 .good luck.

A Very good win to Stylish Memphis in 1.50.9 Group 2 , 

so look out Amazing Dream if she turns up for big Mares G1 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gammalite said:

U May Cullect winning today I see, another beauty from the Deep South?

Majestic Man close up 4th in the Group 1 just now at Melton, deserved win for TOUGH MONARCH was good. always gives his best like MMan too.

Karrots , the lady driving 'Red Hot Tooth' in that G1 trot , named Kerryn Manning has driven her 4000th winner recently !!  how cool is that, don't think I've seen 4000 races lol.

young Kirstin is on her way !!! 2 big wins in 24 hours !! excellent. 

Says driver MM got fined wonder why. Thought he ran well holding 4th. Hitting 2 crns 3 wide & parked is tough group 1 level.

Short version U May Cullect, showed promise, beat Classie B but then seemed to have probs, but is back. Just saw a nice article on him/her HRNZ on how they will tackle things this time moving forward. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

You bet on maidens ??  so potentially you are losing money betting to win on horses that have never won before and might never win ever ??  that is very bold. thought you were a good punter?

Loose class racing is where it is easier to make money Gammalite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Loose class racing is where it is easier to make money Gammalite.

Well that is impressive then .  If you are winning money off maidens and occasional winners then that does make you a GOOD JUDGE and a if winning a Good Punter. well done.

I look for the best horses ALWAYS, therefore Group races and TOP earning horses are my priority. They usually have the best Jockeys/ Drivers too. Last start winners (race or trial )is good too to prove fitness.

ALLSTARS always gave you a run for your money. (backing 'loose' class trotters going for gallop do not)..

My bet yesterday was $100 each way NATURE STRIP (only gallops bet) as was always gunna be in the firing line in that race over 1000m , with the gem Kah on board. Thank you Jamie!!..

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well that is impressive then .  If you are winning money off maidens and occasional winners then that does make you a GOOD JUDGE and a if winning a Good Punter. well done.

I look for the best horses ALWAYS, therefore Group races and TOP earning horses are my priority. They usually have the best Jockeys/ Drivers too. Last start winners (race or trial )is good too to prove fitness.

ALLSTARS always gave you a run for your money. (backing 'loose' class trotters going for gallop do not)..

My bet yesterday was $100 each way NATURE STRIP (only gallops bet) as was always gunna be in the firing line in that race over 1000m , with the gem Kah on board. Thank you Jamie!!..

Never back gallopers as that is gambling.

Form too hard to follow and not that interesting 

On 13/02/2021 at 8:00 PM, Brodie said:

Trotsfan, I wasnt going to start the debate, as some would think it was just AllStars bashing again!

While Purdon is still around the stable I wouldnt be guaranteeing anything!

Personally think it is a load of BS that was announced in regards to taking a break from the horses!

There is more to it than just needing a break or he and training partner would not be around and Purdon wouldnt be needing to drive the horses!

There is no doubt whatsoever that the early stages is clearly showing that the stable horses are no where near as dominating as they were, which is great news for harness racing going forward.

What I would put my last million on would be that if Purdon/Rasmussen were not involved with the AllStars stable, the stable would not be dominating anywhere near where it was.

If the same results were not happening the existing owners would vote with their feet!

It was just great to see the money spread around on Premier night, even though the fields were awful for punting on!

Do you think the reason for the break could be an unexpected consequence of something that you(and others), have been heavily critical of,and that you may now have to have a  rethink? 

Edited by the galah

15 minutes ago, the galah said:

Do you think the reason for the break could be an unexpected consequence of something that you(and others), have been heavily critical of,and that you may now have to have a  rethink? 

Galah, my thoughts are that it can only be good for the industry, if the playing field was evened up!

Why was there an announcement that they were taking a break and yet Purdon is still involved?

Take a look at the Greyhounds where 2 kennels in the North Island have dominated with no.s!

Greyhounds look like they may be on the way out within the next few years, and with Swarbrick having a vigilante against them, not looking fantastic!

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why was there an announcement that they were taking a break and yet Purdon is still involved?

You tell us why Brodie.

Purdon and Rasmussen said in their original press release that they would be still involved but not to the level they were before.  Specifically they wouldn't be training.

What's the conspiracy Brodie?

On 2/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Karrots said:

Says driver MM got fined wonder why. Thought he ran well holding 4th. Hitting 2 crns 3 wide & parked is tough group 1 level.

Short version U May Cullect, showed promise, beat Classie B but then seemed to have probs, but is back. Just saw a nice article on him/her HRNZ on how they will tackle things this time moving forward. 

I read somewhere that Watch Me Now has been sold to USA,had its last start beating Amazing Dream,shame really.

26 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I read somewhere that Watch Me Now has been sold to USA,had its last start beating Amazing Dream,shame really.

Yes, Mikey, I saw that too. After chatting with Unhinged on here, I went & took a peak at his Facebook page & watched a nice   raw video of her chatting to him about her win & the horse leaving. Its a good watch if you haven't seen it. 

Read Amazing Dream could also be sold, but they were deciding after that race. 

*  With the Auks horses scratched from Mana, looks like they still have the numbers to have the 6 races (mini plus meeting) 😄

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Take a look at the Greyhounds where 2 kennels in the North Island have dominated with no.s!

Greyhounds look like they may be on the way out within the next few years, and with Swarbrick having a vigilante against them, not looking fantastic!

Hi Brodie am curious who the 2 kennels are you refer to!

Team Cole the only dominant one in my eyes.

Agree,The Greyhound Future next few years will be interesting.At the moment,Swarbrick and Her Vigilante's don't have much sway,thank goodness.(but of course that could change in future elections)

It's pertinent to note that NSW Politicians a couple of years ago,decreed that they were closing down Greyhound Racing in That State,due to Live Baiting Issues as  exposed on TV Documentary.

The backlash from Rank and File Greyhound Supporters,& Joe Public saw this decision over turned,and The Politicians concerned given "The Archer" at the next election.

On 13/02/2021 at 3:59 PM, Gammalite said:

Great question Hunter !! I really really hope so. (just love the kiwis winning here )

The group 1 we had in Brisbane they were 3rd and 5th behind current Miracle Mile Champ KING OF SWING.

tonight ONE CHANGE takes on a Group 2 at Menangle . he is still young but go close . yeah Shane is Fab driver.

TURN IT UP absolutely destroyed our best horse (multiple G1 winner Colt31 who was $1.60 fav)  last week with a demolition job !!!! yes the rest of field was piss pour as you said ..hahahaha I like to say 'progressive' myself lol.

I'm gunna back TURN IT UP  to WIN next week (BIG races on soon at Menangle) against the big guns King of Swing and Lochinar Art .????   Goooooo kiwis .. 

So how did One Change go in menangle the other night?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1