Bit Of A Yarn

What are Auckland doing wrong?

eljay

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

He was a horse trainer as well in Sydney I think?
Vinnie Silvero or some name along those lines.

The fireworks would certainly get some horses running!

Aveross Spitfire could do with a firework up his arse, he might win then?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

yes new south wales trainer vincent silvestro and 1 race winner hand me silver

could there be fame for the spitfire yet

the brodster and spitfire pyrotechnic show has a certain ring about it

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

17,500 when the taupiri wonder beat r j and thats that by a nose

Oh Taupiri Wonder was a horse. I see. I thought Taupiri Wonder the poster was named after the place Taupiri.

Fx Networks Comedy GIF by Cake FX

Still need to allocate him another horsey, a few 2 y-os lining up tomorrow at trials Nth Canterbury. A couple more posters to be allocated horses too.

Hunts holds the lead with the boys at the top of the Jewels leader chart with Classy Op. Can he hold the lead …

Argyle lines up in a maiden race at Alex. No sign of wee Sugar Apple. Karrots is a long & lonely last on the leader board 😯

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Oh Taupiri Wonder was a horse. I see. I thought Taupiri Wonder the poster was named after the place Taupiri.

Fx Networks Comedy GIF by Cake FX

race ruler trained at taupiri by joe goodyer is quite possibly the last horse to win the sapling stakes, great northern and new zealand derby treble

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Vincent Silvestro, held the reins in his teeth while standing on the sulky, setting off fireworks. good grief.

The 'Pyrotechnic Wonder from down Under' .

Not sure what happened to him, but was sure to go out in a Blaze Of Glory !!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

race ruler trained at taupiri by joe goodyer is quite possibly the last horse to win the sapling stakes, great northern and new zealand derby treble

Ok thanks for sharing that story Ranga.

Ill share a story with you now. Hope you find it semi amusing, even if it is at my expense 😂

Last nite after posting briefly about Covid - I had a dream. Can still remember it so Ill share. 

Gamms/Whippy/me & a Russian gal were in a team of 4 & in a room discussing the comp & tactics. The room was dim like, no windows, (you know how dreams are). I couldn't see any of their faces. Then got on like a walkie talkie to Chief & Brodie, to tell them the rules of comp & advised them they needed to get 2 more posters to join their team.

The thread was to be called Battleship like Battleship Galactica 😂

Rules were only had 10 mins to submit a post - reply. After 1 poster had posted they were eliminated, also any name calling would result in elimination, so it eventually left with 1 person both teams to post the final debate post. And then the judges would be posters on BOAY.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsNow Im dreaming about BOAY oh dear lol.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Ok thanks for sharing that story Ranga.

Ill share a story with you now. Hope you find it semi amusing, even if it is at my expense 😂

Last nite after posting briefly about Covid - I had a dream. Can still remember it so Ill share. 

Gamms/Whippy/me & a Russian gal were in a team of 4 & in a room discussing the comp & tactics. The room was dim like, no windows, (you know how dreams are). I couldn't see any of their faces. Then got on like a walkie talkie to Chief & Brodie, to tell them the rules of comp & advised them they needed to get 2 more posters to join their team.

The thread was to be called Battleship like Battleship Galactica 😂

Rules were only had 10 mins to submit a post - reply. After 1 poster had posted they were eliminated, also any name calling would result in elimination, so it eventually left with 1 person both teams to post the final debate post. And then the judges would be posters on BOAY.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsNow Im dreaming about BOAY oh dear lol.

so i guess i was the first to get eliminated then! no suprise lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Karrots,almost correct. - Taupiri Wonder was a reference to a  grand thoroughbred trained at Taupiri during The 1970's.

In retirement,he spent many years as Clerk Of Course Horse at Alexandra Park.

• Like 2

Perhaps the answer to the question of what is Auckland doing wrong lies with "what are clubs like Waikouaiti doing so right". Big fields, lots of community involvement, lots of locals involved in horse ownership. It's a grassroots industry and maybe the corporate Auckland image doesn't fit this industry.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Perhaps the answer to the question of what is Auckland doing wrong lies with "what are clubs like Waikouaiti doing so right". Big fields, lots of community involvement, lots of locals involved in horse ownership. It's a grassroots industry and maybe the corporate Auckland image doesn't fit this industry.

Food for thought

Utilise the resources around them more.

Do the people currently living in the new development are any of them new owners? Or have any of them been told about potential ownership? Or who to contact should they maybe interested?

At minimum being pro-active and a mention by the Club. Then if they have friends over who ask about the horses, as they are neighbours and part of the Alex Park community & can see the horses come race day go around, then the person living in each apartment can tell them.

Some as the retailers.

On 23/02/2021 at 9:36 PM, Taupiri Wonder said:

Karrots,almost correct. - Taupiri Wonder was a reference to a  grand thoroughbred trained at Taupiri during The 1970's.

In retirement,he spent many years as Clerk Of Course Horse at Alexandra Park.

The Mighty Shffnell Chief

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 8:43 AM, eljay said:

Premier meeting - big money up - pathetic nominations.     Why??    The maiden race for 12 thou only 5 noms.       Something is drastically wrong!      Damned if I can see what.

Just had look at the fields Eljay. And can't believe that Barry Purdon /Phelan Stable with only one runner (a 15 start maiden in race 9) !!!! 

crikey you would think An outfit like that should have a runner every race. Must of scaled back . No wonder Auckland getting poor.

Brother Mark musn't of sent him any horses either , while taking a break at Allstars. And to think of all the drives Barry gave Mark back in the day too !!! lol......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Just had look at the fields Eljay. And can't believe that Barry Purdon /Phelan Stable with only one runner (a 15 start maiden in race 9) !!!! 

crikey you would think An outfit like that should have a runner every race. Must of scaled back . No wonder Auckland getting poor.

Gee,even debutante trainer Sheryl Wigg  is represented with runners in R1 & R3.

• Like 1