Bit Of A Yarn

Name The Honest Trainers !!

Newmarket

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, we have all heard about the dodgy trainers, but let us name all the good guys. You know, the ones that are honest, the ones that must get pissed running against the cheats. 

THIS  THREADS  FOR THE GOOD  GUYS !!

Mark Purdon and Nat, Robert Dunn and John, Cran D... 

and anyone else that was having to compete against the convicted cheat Nigel McGrath?

• Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

9 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Leif Erikson disqualified 2012, seems trainers said horse eating poppies! Owners not happy,

The link to the JCA determination - just so readers can make their own mind up.  It should be mentioned also that poppy's were located growing on the property by the Racecourse Inspector (Barry Kitto) and it was he that proffered the defence for the morphine positive.

http://jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-gj-anderson-and-al-hoffman-26-february-2013-decision-dated-5-march-2013/?searchterm=amber hoffman leif e*

40 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, we have all heard about the dodgy trainers, but let us name all the good guys. You know, the ones that are honest, the ones that must get pissed running against the cheats. 

THIS  THREADS  FOR THE GOOD  GUYS !!

Mate you can downvote me if you want above, for answering your question , just because you do not agree, 

I'm saying disqualified Trainers are your 'dodgey' ones , my list up above you want to downvote, is of your Champion Ones , who by definition are the GOOD GUYS who lead the premiership tables . so more than good guys they are the CHAMPIONS. !!!

and they are honest professional horsemen (and women) hardly deserving of demeaning with not being honest.  

AND just as likely as Anyone else, they could be pissed off running against convicted cheats like McGrath.

ANYWAY I think they are all GOOD GUYS IMO , so get Downvoting (everyone doesn't have to have your opinion)

27 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Mate you can downvote me if you want above, for answering your question , just because you do not agree, 

I'm saying disqualified Trainers are your 'dodgey' ones , my list up above you want to downvote, is of your Champion Ones , who by definition are the GOOD GUYS who lead the premiership tables . so more than good guys they are the CHAMPIONS. !!!

and they are honest professional horsemen (and women) hardly deserving of demeaning with not being honest.  

AND just as likely as Anyone else, they could be pissed off running against convicted cheats like McGrath.

ANYWAY I think they are all GOOD GUYS IMO , so get Downvoting (everyone doesn't have to have your opinion)

Ok, Ok, 

I want a list of NZ trainers that have never been charged for anything that results in a disqualification of a horse, licence, or fined, due to one of the many substances we have heard about over the years. 
It is not about those at the top of the Premiership tables, we know the history of those mentioned. 
This is all about the guys that have escaped all that, they should take a bow, must be hard to sit back while others gain an edge. 

20 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I want a list of NZ trainers that have never been charged for anything that results in a disqualification of a horse, licence, or fined, due to one of the many substances we have heard about over the years. 

So that unfairly discounts Amber Hoffman?  Actually I guess it doesn't because morphine from poppy's isn't one of the "many substances we have heard about over the years."

It would help if you listed those substances that we have heard about.  TC02, Cobalt, ....um anything else?

20 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

This is all about the guys that have escaped all that, they should take a bow, must be hard to sit back while others gain an edge. 

Why?  They could be smart enough to not get caught.

2 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Don’t know much history or past previous disqualifications, a guess who would not resort to unlawful tactics.

K Marshall

please correct me if I have guessed wrong.

Karrots I wouldn't bother playing this game with Newmarket.  The implication from the Topic Title is that those name in the thread are the "Honest Trainers" and therefore those that aren't are the "Dishonest Trainers".  

30 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Karrots I wouldn't bother playing this game with Newmarket.  The implication from the Topic Title is that those name in the thread are the "Honest Trainers" and therefore those that aren't are the "Dishonest Trainers".  

Ok, no guessing games for Karrots today, was lining up another guess too.

Maybe we could do another selections game sometime in not to distant future. I see they deciding whether to have Alex on Fri or postpone.

That would of been a good 1 to do with all the Group races. What and see what happens, then maybe selections game 😄 

39 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Ok, Ok, 

It is not about those at the top of the Premiership tables, we know the history of those mentioned. 

Fair enough, I did see the Dunn's copped a fine and had 3-4 horses disqualified for Caffiene at Nelson in 2018.

They swear they were nobbled so guess that takes them off your list for honesty. 

Why everyone thinks these large operations like ALLSTARS, DUNN's and TE AKAU , etc, are 'risking' Positives , is a bit of mystery to me.

More likely NOT TO BE in my opinion, great set-ups ,pre-racing training, great riders/drivers, farriers , vets, STOCK and Horseman and women. and a huge operation to look after.

Is FAR MORE LIKELY for someone on your Battlers list to 'Try something dodgy" to KEEP up , if you ask me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Fair enough, I did see the Dunn's copped a fine and had 3-4 horses disqualified for Caffiene at Nelson in 2018.

They swear they were nobbled so guess that takes them off your list for honesty. 

Why everyone thinks these large operations like ALLSTARS, DUNN's and TE AKAU , etc, are 'risking' Positives , is a bit of mystery to me.

More likely NOT TO BE in my opinion, great set-ups ,pre-racing training, great riders/drivers, farriers , vets, STOCK and Horseman and women. and a huge operation to look after.

Is FAR MORE LIKELY for someone on your Battlers list to 'Try something dodgy" to KEEP up , if you ask me.

Where's the evidence to support your theory that a battler trainer is far more likely to try something dodgy than the trainers on your list?  Name a couple of battlers with similar records relating to positives to those you have mentioned on the harness side? 

I don't see why you have singled out Mcgrath when the dunn,dalgety and the all stars stables have had just as many issues.  

Doesn't matter who they are,i don't believe anyone would  give their horses something that they thought would return a positive if tested.  

You put the trainers you have mentioned as being better than others,fair enough.No arguement there from me.. But why do you think for some reason they are not ahead of the game when it comes to the use of performance enhancers that will not show up in testing. Thats are very selective approach.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1