Bit Of A Yarn

Nathan W

Ludwig

16 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Excellent effort tonight at Addington. Fourth in the cup and two fine wins. A seriously good horseman.

Pembrook Playboy went so well !, closing in 2 lengths on the current NZ Cup champion Self Assured up the straight.Beaten a length and certainly deserved more than 4th. $4.5k seems so poor alas.

Nathan Williamson Might have to do what family Brad and Phil W did with Majestic Man and find some features In Australia to win , which they did with Great results recently. 150k profits and (getting away from Sundee Son)

while you have such Horsepower as Pembrook Playboy. Too hard chasing Cullens all the time.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Pembrook Playboy went so well !, closing in 2 lengths on the current NZ Cup champion Self Assured up the straight.Beaten a length and certainly deserved more than 4th. $4.5k seems so poor alas.

Nathan Williamson Might have to do what family Brad and Phil W did with Majestic Man and find some features In Australia to win , which they did with Great results recently. 150k profits and (getting away from Sundee Son)

while you have such Horsepower as Pembrook Playboy. Too hard chasing Cullens all the time.

That not a great idea to take pembrook playboy to Aussie as it is there with a chance in any major NZ race.sick of chasing the team driving cheats that's the only reason it lost the Easter cup it HAD NO ONE TO HELP.this is not horse racing it's cheating by team driving.its a disgusting disgrace.a blight on NZ trots

1 hour ago, Have a go said:

That not a great idea to take pembrook playboy to Aussie as it is there with a chance in any major NZ race.sick of chasing the team driving cheats that's the only reason it lost the Easter cup it HAD NO ONE TO HELP.this is not horse racing it's cheating by team driving.its a disgusting disgrace.a blight on NZ trots

I thought it was Ben Hope's fault by stopping instead of giving him a drag into the race?  😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Have a go said:

Possibly, I just said that for Pembrook Playboy to visit Aus, as Mach Shard picked up a GROUP 1 $100k race in Australia this year too , and wouldn't of got one there in NZ in all likelihood. (against Cullens)

Yes Nathen W 'Had No One To HELP' is dead right. I agree and would love some of those features to have the 3 Cullens, BUT also 3 of Dunns, and 3 x Williamsons and maybe 3 x Telfers or so to even things up a bit tactically. would be a bit more cracking then.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

16 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Possibly, I just said that for Pembrook Playboy to visit Aus, as Mach Shard picked up a GROUP 1 $100k race in Australia this year too , and wouldn't of got one there in NZ in all likelihood. (against Cullens)

why would pembrook playboy not win a group 1 race here against Cullens horses? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yes Nathen W 'Had No One To HELP' is dead right. I agree and would love some of those features to have the 3 Cullens, BUT also 3 of Dunns, and 3 x Williamsons and maybe 3 x Telfers or so to even things up a bit tactically. would be a bit more cracking then.

I was meaning why would you give up a chance to win NZ cup FFA etc.nathans horse is really on the upward spiral and Aussie like everything else would destroy that ever happening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Have a go said:

I was meaning why would you give up a chance to win NZ cup FFA etc.nathans horse is really on the upward spiral and Aussie like everything else would destroy that ever happening.

And I like the idea of an Oamaru lad, now based in Southland, coming up to Chch and showing them how it's done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Easter Cup = perfect demonstration why not

, Auckland Cup = you know what happens, NZ Cup = might as well put the Allstars on it now. won 6 of last 7 and beaten head in the other with Smolda who galloped and gave Arden Rooney 50m start.

2 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

And I like the idea of an Oamaru lad, now based in Southland, coming up to Chch and showing them how it's done.

The boys are champions....Nathan leading the way both ways Mathew competing to be the best NZ driver.brad showing he's up to it as well in a very hard industry.these man are world class.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

, Auckland Cup = you know what happens, NZ Cup = might as well put the Allstars on it now. won 6 of last 7 and beaten head in the other with Smolda who galloped and gave Arden Rooney 50m start.

must have better petrol are you saying?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gammalite said:

Bring back terror to love they had no chance when he raced...Arden Rooney wow 23/1 futures what a win and she can flog them.would not want to meet her in a bondage parlour

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I thought it was Ben Hope's fault by stopping instead of giving him a drag into the race?  😆

John Dunn should be thirtys in the first race Monday but can win...Ben hope on it no chance it would pace or break or both...

34 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Well it had 20m start last night,so that may well turn out to have been its best opportunity. Races like the nz cup are ffa's,so they will be much harder to win than last night.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, the galah said:

Well it had 20m start last night,so that may well turn out to have been its best opportunity. Races like the nz cup are ffa's,so they will be much harder to win than last night.

That was the thing that frustrated me the most Galahs. Its not like they had to be used hard early to try to wrestle the lead off the A-Team. It was there for them. But anyways

13 hours ago, Have a go said:

Ben hope on it no chance it would pace or break or both...

Poor B Hope, you keep picking on him Forbs. I was watching the beginning of race intentively and thought I saw AGs go away cleanly for a handful of strides, but then the horse not driver had a brain fart or something & started to gallop, only after it went initially away. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Karrots said:

That was the thing that frustrated me the most Galahs. Its not like they had to be used hard early to try to wrestle the lead off the A-Team. It was there for them. But anyways

Poor B Hope, you keep picking on him Forbs. I was watching the beginning of race intentively and thought I saw AGs go away cleanly for a handful of strides, but then the horse not driver had a brain fart or something & started to gallop, only after it went initially away. 

Hittheroadjack Ben hopes drive was dangerous for himself horse and others and to who would be silly enough to back him today.hes worse than Shree two jnrs who have not improved and struggle to win a race with there driving ability most of the time it's a fluke or they are on the best horse

30 minutes ago, Have a go said:

Hittheroadjack Ben hopes drive was dangerous for himself horse and others and to who would be silly enough to back him today.hes worse than Shree two jnrs who have not improved and struggle to win a race with there driving ability most of the time it's a fluke or they are on the best horse

Forbs, I was not talking about that. My reply was about AG's in Easter Cup. 

Your talking about something here, that at the time of posting was in the future tense. 

Goodness gracious, I can't keep up. 

23 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Others have done it. Alister Black won two races with Vintage Cheddar during NZ Cup carnival. Tank/Barclay also won a few.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 8:09 PM, Have a go said:

Lol Ben hope was the reason his horse galloped away lol.nathan had no help where the all stars cheats did....

This is factual incorrect re B Hope. I have just gone & watched the start of the race & as I said AG's initially went away, he paced for 5 strides then went into a gallop. 

• Like 1