Bit Of A Yarn

Rangiora what on earth are you doing????

Brodie

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, it is a blatantly stupid decision made by someone that is of no appeal.

Chief is correct in that a horse will get a phenomenal undeserved mile rate for winning a race.

It is a shocking idea and Rangiora should be ashamed of putting on this crap!

Good to try things  different but seriously Pointless trying this pathetic short Racing on to appeal to whom?

If you enjoy this, then you might as well join the greyhound fan club!

Well I guess Rangiora trotting club joins the TAB , Labour Party and Greyhound racing (thoroughbred racing too?) on your NOT IN FAVOUR list.

I gave great reasons why speed racing is of benefit to the horse , and to the punter. 

Also very easy to Train and drive, those distance races , (of Days gone by) had many Pulling strong horses , and it took strong horseman to steer and control them. It takes fabulous horsemen , like the NZ ones esp ALLSTARS to get those horses to win the Long distance races.

Nowadays , 'they Let them roll' and skinny kids, teenage boys and girls , can all have a crack. Is great to see. (An intricate detail that you would not notice, but I do)

Who gives a fuck about mile rates? I don't even know what the great one himself GAMMALITE  , has next to his name as best mile rate , nor do I care, even though a fan of the horse. 16 Group 1's is a better stat.

Why are these 'phenomanal mile rates ' a problem? and Mobiles way , waaaay better than the stupid standing starts.Who would risk their money on those. Pokie players or the greyhound fan club maybe? lol......

52 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well I guess Rangiora trotting club joins the TAB , Labour Party and Greyhound racing (thoroughbred racing too?) on your NOT IN FAVOUR list.

I gave great reasons why speed racing is of benefit to the horse , and to the punter. 

Also very easy to Train and drive, those distance races , (of Days gone by) had many Pulling strong horses , and it took strong horseman to steer and control them. It takes fabulous horsemen , like the NZ ones esp ALLSTARS to get those horses to win the Long distance races.

Nowadays , 'they Let them roll' and skinny kids, teenage boys and girls , can all have a crack. Is great to see. (An intricate detail that you would not notice, but I do)

Who gives a fuck about mile rates? I don't even know what the great one himself GAMMALITE  , has next to his name as best mile rate , nor do I care, even though a fan of the horse. 16 Group 1's is a better stat.

Why are these 'phenomanal mile rates ' a problem? and Mobiles way , waaaay better than the stupid standing starts.Who would risk their money on those. Pokie players or the greyhound fan club maybe? lol......

Gammalite what increase in punter revenue can we expect from these "novel" races?

S

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Gammalite what increase in punter revenue can we expect from these "novel" races?

S

A good question Chief. Hopefully you will have betting on mile races.

I agree with you , that the barriers are critical and do make the races EASIER TO PICK the chances?

Therefore , seems a good betting race.? some horses barely a factor.

I wouldn't bet on those 16 horse trotters handicap stands that you often have  with Monopoly Money . .....how's the revenue on those go ? that's a novelty race to me . Very hard to win as a Punter on those without risk lol.....

Sure ! make em 1700 or something. I DON'T recommend 1400m . as gate speed becomes 'critical' as opposed to essential .Nearly all horses racing have some gate speed these days, and if not, why not? should be trained to hold their position at least, if drawn in.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Gammalite what increase in punter revenue can we expect

I'm hoping for $140 increase to my punting revenue today Chief !!

I carefully dodged the 4 x standing starts as are not great revenue raisers and Very hard to Pick. Some Very nice Natalie Rass chances going in the 1980m mobile races today at Addington!!.  (been better if they were just 1400m to increase my chances, but can't have all the luck lol)

Her three drives today should all be winning in Races 3 , 4 and 6 and at odds of 8-1 combined , a lazy $20 should be giving me a great run at some revenue.? all going well.

11 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

your a fuckwit fairburn lol

i am certainly not this person you suggest but as it is another one of many laughable suggestions i can't fault your imagination.

i have to say i don't even know anyone with the surname fairburn 

how are you feeling today htp ?

rangatira is feeling like a happy highlander

happy highlander.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

i am certainly not this person you suggest but as it is another one of many laughable suggestions i can't fault your imagination.

i have to say i don't even know anyone with the surname fairburn 

how are you feeling today htp ?

rangatira is feeling like a happy highlander

happy highlander.jpg

box of fluffys

• Like 1

• 1 month later...