Bit Of A Yarn

Rangiora what on earth are you doing????

Brodie

They have actually done it the Rangiora Trotting Club FFS!!!!

Who is the Dickhead from the club that programmed 1390metre races, you are delusional if you think that ks the right thing to be doing to retain and attract punters, but perhaps you just don’t care!!!!

Even got a 1609m/mile race as well on the card, so yes it must be starting on the worst part of the track for starting any race for fairness!!

Yep, racing has got some clowns that have no idea of what they are doing!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They have actually done it the Rangiora Trotting Club FFS!!!!

Who is the Dickhead from the club that programmed 1390metre races, you are delusional if you think that ks the right thing to be doing to retain and attract punters, but perhaps you just don’t care!!!!

Even got a 1609m/mile race as well on the card, so yes it must be starting on the worst part of the track for starting any race for fairness!!

Yep, racing has got some clowns that have no idea of what they are doing!!

They are taking the piss mate.

One of the 1390m races is the ANZAC BATTALION 'YOUNG AT HEART SUPER SPRINT' MOBILE PACE, that is restricted to young at heart 6-year-old and older pacers! What a thrilling race this will be... 🙄

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Full fields. Its the way of the future and Grey Wayne is being left behind😃

Great racing at Rangiora last Sunday too. some top horses even turned up. and a good crowd.

90,000 people will be at MCG Sunday for Anzac Day AFL match !!. how great it is.  Full crowd allowed !!

Empty Stadiums in Europe at their big football still.......

Free to travel between Oz and NZ from yesterday. fantastic. There was a couple of thousand at Brissy airport heading home to see loved ones in NZ. A true delight to see.

Our governments the best in the World !! everyone safe. Brodie knows this and loves them too. like Tab. and the Rangiora races lol......

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Great racing at Rangiora last Sunday too. some top horses even turned up. and a good crowd.

90,000 people will be at MCG Sunday for Anzac Day AFL match !!. how great it is.  Full crowd allowed !!

Empty Stadiums in Europe at their big football still.......

Free to travel between Oz and NZ from yesterday. fantastic. There was a couple of thousand at Brissy airport heading home to see loved ones in NZ. A true delight to see.

Our governments the best in the World !! everyone safe. Brodie knows this and loves them too. like Tab. and the Rangiora races lol......

Gamma, Great to have people travelling between countries and hope it continues.

The deadly virus that kills no one that has no underlying conditions, but we cant be complacent so keep being fearfull everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, Great to have people travelling between countries and hope it continues.

The deadly virus that kills no one that has no underlying conditions, but we cant be complacent so keep being fearfull everyone.

Yes I guess the UK restrictions really made the Dukes Funeral more like a funeral too.

1000 a day deaths in some countries at the moment . so can't say kills no-one lol. Thank the good Gods we are in NZ and Australia! Possibly the 2 most 'sort after ' destinations in the world now because of their smartness.  AND definitely the TWO best Nations on Earth ! and great racing over the years. !! sorry for you , you'll just have to skip over Rangiora and head straight to the Group 1's at Auckland ? hope you enjoy.

Gamma, people die each and every day with or without Covid19!
NZ has a total of 25 or 26 put down to Covid and yet half lf them actually were never tested for Covid as they were so frail and so they were never positive.

Every week in NZ roughly 800 people die of a variety reasons and yet 25 dying warrants shutting down the country and far more people dying from the lockdown rather than the virus.

This Covid19 is a mild virus and this socalled deadly easily spread virus has no one in hospital.

How many people that are testing positive at the border have symptoms and or end up in hospital????

No one as far as I am aware, if any then it is a minute number.

It is absolute BS!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, people die each and every day with or without Covid19!
NZ has a total of 25 or 26 put down to Covid and yet half lf them actually were never tested for Covid as they were so frail and so they were never positive.

Every week in NZ roughly 800 people die of a variety reasons and yet 25 dying warrants shutting down the country and far more people dying from the lockdown rather than the virus.

This Covid19 is a mild virus and this socalled deadly easily spread virus has no one in hospital.

How many people that are testing positive at the border have symptoms and or end up in hospital????

No one as far as I am aware, if any then it is a minute number.

It is absolute BS!!

1600 dead in Delhi today . just one city. They have to Lock-Down for 6 days from now ! No choice. Bit late now they are in catastrophe ?? Better there than here ???? our governments prevented this , bless them.

Australian and NZ cricketers are there playing IPL to empty stadiums at the moment. Then they come back to our countries RISKING bringing that shit with them. After all the hard work to keep us safe as well. 

Absolute disgrace , just for money. Shouldn't let them back in I reckon.

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

1600 dead in Delhi today . just one city. They have to Lock-Down for 6 days from now ! No choice. Bit late now they are in catastrophe ?? Better there than here ???? our governments prevented this , bless them.

Australian and NZ cricketers are there playing IPL to empty stadiums at the moment. Then they come back to our countries RISKING bringing that shit with them. After all the hard work to keep us safe as well. 

Absolute disgrace , just for money. Shouldn't let them back in I reckon.

Am I correct that even though the cricketers have been vaccinated,they still have to do quarantine when they come back home.

12 hours ago, Big Bang said:

I'll probably have a bet, I reckon. 

Few good early speed horses drawn well that should be suited by the distance. 

Not against something different. 

Interested to see how it goes.

The 1390m is an unusual distance that I doubt has been raced over before? That means the winner of the race will be a world record holder. 

If, Motor Mouth wins Race 4 the first "super sprint" then he has the fastest time ever... World Champion!!!

But wait...

Race 8, is the second "super sprint". Can any of the outstanding field of 6yo-and-older pacers break Motor Mouth's world record time? Perhaps, Mister Mighty with the plum ace draw could write himself into the record books? 

Any predictions what the new world record time will be?? 🙃

Edited by Davis
grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

i would like to think they get under 1:43.65

A Gammalite favourite resumed racing at Menangle yesterday. 

EXPENSIVE EGO after his great 2nd in the Miracle Mile early last month ( when 3 wide then in the death too)

back on the track yesterday and............

On a quiet Tuesday afternoon he won by 6 lengths in 1.48.6 for the mile. Incredible . what a speed machine. 

He would be winning at Rangiora in 1.34.5 odd lol.................

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

1:33.8

an excitement machine

gotta love short course harness given the speed in the legs of todays breed

Ranga, no you dont need to love short course racing at all!

It is garbage programming this shite!

Even the U.S. dont program races less than the mile and their racing is crap!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, no you dont need to love short course racing at all!

It is garbage programming this shite!

Even the U.S. dont program races less than the mile and their racing is crap!

I agree it is a nonsense.  That distance has no recognition anywhere in terms of statistics.  Just imagine it in a filly's record - MR 1:48.2 but only over 1390m!!!!

Did they ask Trainers and Drivers before they did this?

You'd be wasting your time if you had a horse that was slow out of the gate or even drew behind one that was.  Or for that matter if you drew anything other than 1 to 4!

May as well open up betting on Kidz Carts!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

agree it is a nonsense.  That distance has no recognition anywhere in terms of statistics. 

Horses are bred for speed.? not bred to run 2 miles as much. The very good ones can. much respect to them. 

As I said to Brodie , the horse itself can 'recover ' well' from these bursts and race day to day without being 'flat.'

As a betting spectacle , YES Indeed , barrier is critical . but when is it not?? You can add drawing 1 and 2 on the second row to your list of Good draws, as the runners that do draw 1 and 2 off the front usually 'Hunt out ' for all they're worth to take advantage of said draw, so the second row get wonderful Trail through to handy position.

As a Punter I Love my runners having Advantage at the start. Don't know what you're grizzling about.? If only 3 or 4 dangers of beating your horse, in your mind, because of barriers drawn, How Good Is That ???

better than having 5 or 6 dangers against your bet.

As a 'Viewing' spectacle. yeah pretty boring. nothing to see. just watch last 50m really , seeing if your horse can ping up inside of leader or Not? lol............

5 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Horses are bred for speed.? not bred to run 2 miles as much. The very good ones can. much respect to them. 

As I said to Brodie , the horse itself can 'recover ' well' from these bursts and race day to day without being 'flat.'

Why Gammalite are you so adept at missing the point?

A race less than 1609m (a mile) has no statistical standing in the harness racing industry.  It is a novelty which doesn't even appeal to the harness racing enthusiast or punter.  What is it's point?

Why not only start 8 horses and race them in lanes from staggered starts?  

Why dumb down racing to appeal to some market segment that even the marketers don't know about!

• Like 2

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Why Gammalite are you so adept at missing the point?

A race less than 1609m (a mile) has no statistical standing in the harness racing industry.  It is a novelty which doesn't even appeal to the harness racing enthusiast or punter.  What is it's point?

Why not only start 8 horses and race them in lanes from staggered starts?  

Why dumb down racing to appeal to some market segment that even the marketers don't know about!

I'm just commenting in general on the racing mate. 

You made a point about stat's blah blah that I wasn't commenting on .

If you want my opinion on that , well, who gives a rat's !!!!apart from the OWNER if a horse has 2.02, 1.56, or 1.50 next to it's name. If it draws a wide barrier same disadvantage as everyone else.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I'm just commenting in general on the racing mate. 

You made a point about stat's blah blah that I wasn't commenting on .

If you want my opinion on that , well, who gives a rat's !!!!apart from the OWNER if a horse has 2.02, 1.56, or 1.50 next to it's name. If it draws a wide barrier same disadvantage as everyone else.

Gamma, it is a blatantly stupid decision made by someone that is of no appeal.

Chief is correct in that a horse will get a phenomenal undeserved mile rate for winning a race.

It is a shocking idea and Rangiora should be ashamed of putting on this crap!

Good to try things  different but seriously Pointless trying this pathetic short Racing on to appeal to whom?

If you enjoy this, then you might as well join the greyhound fan club!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1