Bit Of A Yarn

All aboard the NAT express

Gammalite

After 5 WINS and a couple of trot second placings last Friday , Natalie is sure to go close to a repeat dose tonight. !!

Some fabulous racing , and while Mark is smoking his pipe in the Owners lounge , waiting for Nat to bring AKUTA home in first place, Nat will be out on the Track doing the Hard yards , and looking after all the Punters ! (yet again)

RACE2 Samhara R3, Wy Fi ,R4 OscarB, R5 Akuta, R6 SCArden, R7 RegalAttire, R8 BettorTwist (the Oaks G1) R9 ItalianLad

Let's go for 4 WINS and 4 places. Too hard to win 8 races?? lol......... SPORTSBET odds  

WINS with Samhara@1.5 ,Akuta@2.0 ,SC Arden@1.3 , BettorTwist@1.2  and PLACES for the trotters (as more risky) Wi Fi@1.8 ,OscarB@1.3 ,RegalAttire@2.0 and ItalianLad@1.3

ITALIAN LAD (place) not a trotter I know , (but has had more chances than Brodie), and surely STAG PARTY (the Cullen stablemate) wins from the Pole draw?

27-1 odds !!!! brilliant ! a fiver gets you $100 and a couple of beers for the weekend ?

yeah yeah, probably miss with one or 2 leg,s BUT you get to enjoy some GREAT racing Along the Way !!!  Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

After 5 WINS and a couple of trot second placings last Friday , Natalie is sure to go close to a repeat dose tonight. !!

Some fabulous racing , and while Mark is smoking his pipe in the Owners lounge , waiting for Nat to bring AKUTA home in first place, Nat will be out on the Track doing the Hard yards , and looking after all the Punters ! (yet again)

RACE2 Samhara R3, Wy Fi ,R4 OscarB, R5 Akuta, R6 SCArden, R7 RegalAttire, R8 BettorTwist (the Oaks G1) R9 ItalianLad

Let's go for 4 WINS and 4 places. Too hard to win 8 races?? lol......... SPORTSBET odds  

WINS with Samhara@1.5 ,Akuta@2.0 ,SC Arden@1.3 , BettorTwist@1.2  and PLACES for the trotters (as more risky) Wi Fi@1.8 ,OscarB@1.3 ,RegalAttire@2.0 and ItalianLad@1.3

ITALIAN LAD (place) not a trotter I know , (but has had more chances than Brodie), and surely STAG PARTY (the Cullen stablemate) wins from the Pole draw?

27-1 odds !!!! brilliant ! a fiver gets you $100 and a couple of beers for the weekend ?

yeah yeah, probably miss with one or 2 leg,s BUT you get to enjoy some GREAT racing Along the Way !!!  Enjoy.

Lets all hope for our bank balances sake that the Nat and Cullen express continues. Great team and for that matter great stable full stop. Dont forget Tim , very capable as well

• Like 3
  • Bad Post 1

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Lets all hope for our bank balances sake that the Nat and Cullen express continues. Great team and for that matter great stable full stop. Dont forget Tim , very capable as well

No, no I didn't forget Tim. I put him in up above in the selections to win Race 9 with Stag Party. (or go close)

What surprised me was Blair getting the flick off AKUTA , after driving it well to easy win last week and $100,000 winner's cheque for owners CullenRacing and  the Markie Boy himself (feet up with a beer in Owners lounge)! 

Love Nat's driving, but probably would of left Blair Orange on after that BIG win last week in the Harness million 2 year olds race by Akuta. ? bit stiff there BlairO to lose the drive, I reckon?.  funny if Blair knocks it off tonight lol?

but does seem unlikely, with the 4 x Cullen runners in that Group1 sires Race5 and he is on a 50-1 non-Cullen horse.

• Like 1

Cullen does seem loyal to his stable drivers. Nothing wrong with that,I think Orange is better than rasmussen myself.

I note cullen has put o thornley on amazing dream and a better you at auckland. He's been very loyal to her.I suppose they are not big races.He can't be expecting either to win tonight.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, the galah said:

Cullen does seem loyal to his stable drivers. Nothing wrong with that,I think Orange is better than rasmussen myself.

I note cullen has put o thornley on amazing dream and a better you at auckland. He's been very loyal to her.I suppose they are not big races.He can't be expecting either to win tonight.

Wow.! what a thrill of her driving career to be driving an Auckland Cup winner for the young Lass !!!  

A LOT of blokes had a thrill driving Auckland Cup winner Gammalite time to time (a dozen or so ) and they all won on him, as that horse so darn good, could still win , no matter who sat behind him . a rare thing indeed. 

good on them for putting Olivia on to drive. love it. what a reward. I take it she works at Cullens? and has had a few odd drives here and there. small field for Amazing Dream.  So not too much can go wrong. hope she wins it !! 

COPY THAT going great guns now with 5 wins in a row . well actually, his AUCKLAND CUP 3rd placing, was a huge run just before that as well , narrowly beaten by some of the absolute BEST drives ever from Nat and Mark !!!  The Amazing Dream and Spankem Quinella !! masterclass driving. No Mark tonight driving. so maybe 2nd for Amazing Dream.

Give yourself a treat and go back and watch that Dec 31st race.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Wow.! what a thrill of her driving career to be driving an Auckland Cup winner for the young Lass !!!  

A LOT of blokes had a thrill driving Auckland Cup winner Gammalite time to time (a dozen or so ) and they all won on him, as that horse so darn good, could still win , no matter who sat behind him . a rare thing indeed. 

good on them for putting Olivia on to drive. love it. what a reward. I take it she works at Cullens? and has had a few odd drives here and there. small field for Amazing Dream.  So not too much can go wrong. hope she wins it !! 

COPY THAT going great guns now with 5 wins in a row . well actually, his AUCKLAND CUP 3rd placing, was a huge run just before that as well , narrowly beaten by some of the absolute BEST drives ever from Nat and Mark !!!  The Amazing Dream and Spankem Quinella !! masterclass driving. No Mark tonight driving. so maybe 2nd for Amazing Dream.

Give yourself a treat and go back and watch that Dec 31st race.

how about that,repaid the loyalty with a win.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

28 minutes ago, the galah said:

how about that,repaid the loyalty with a win.

What a thrill for her. Am sure a big picture of that win beating Copy That with Amazing Dream is sure to go up on her wall at home. very well done Olivia.!!

And Natalie with a HIGH 5 of wins again at Addington, to go with the trotters placings as well. she was only a few metres off the 8 winners.  Hope someone got the $100 off the Nat express tonight.!!!!!!!!! I didn't do too badly at all. was a nice back up after last week. No stopping the express. 

Time to catch the next train Battle of the BIG CATS , my fav teams Brisbane Lions and Richmond Tigers are on very soon at the Gabba. bring it on ! . hey and the Tigers BEST player Dusty Martin,  is a kiwi too. how cool is that ?

have a great weekend to all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

What a thrill for her. Am sure a big picture of that win beating Copy That with Amazing Dream is sure to go up on her wall at home. very well done Olivia.!!

And Natalie with a HIGH 5 of wins again at Addington, to go with the trotters placings as well. she was only a few metres off the 8 winners.  Hope someone got the $100 off the Nat express tonight.!!!!!!!!! I didn't do too badly at all. was a nice back up after last week. No stopping the express. 

Time to catch the next train Battle of the BIG CATS , my fav teams Brisbane Lions and Richmond Tigers are on very soon at the Gabba. bring it on ! . hey and the Tigers BEST player Dusty Martin,  is a kiwi too. how cool is that ?

have a great weekend to all.

go the cats

• Haha 1

Should have added how great they are for the whole industry. Unlike some stables you can bet with confidence when they line them up and ultimately its the punters who pay for the majority of the stakes.

Im sure a moaner or 2 will disagree but they will always be around with their conspiracy theories

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Should have added how great they are for the whole industry. Unlike some stables you can bet with confidence when they line them up and ultimately its the punters who pay for the majority of the stakes.

Im sure a moaner or 2 will disagree but they will always be around with their conspiracy theories

you kiwis are lucky to have top trainers like purdon . we don't want him over this side of the ditch 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

you kiwis are lucky to have top trainers like purdon . we don't want him over this side of the ditch 

If the all stars go back to dominating like they used to that would be a definite negative for the industry as a whole. Call my statement what you like,i call it reality. 

5 winners last night and the biggest dividend was $2 wasn't it. That may encourage some people to punt,but turns off far more. Most agree multiple short priced favorites in races causes reduced spending by punters overall. The new handicapping system has been based around the principle that more even betting fields are required if turnover is to be increased.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

Adding up what punters would have made had they put $1 e.w. on each of the natalie rasmussen drives last night.

She drove 8 horses for 5 wins and 3 places. If you put $1 e.w,a spend of $16,you would have made $2.30.   Punters who follow her would have to see her maintain the amazing strike rate just to break even. Thats hardly worth the effort,unless your just  backing for the entertainment,which is fair enough,but many punters will get turned off.

• Like 2

Reality is that despite the Bs about increased turnover, they are haemorrhaging big time, from losing punters and also not attracting new enthusiasts into harness racing!

Does anyone actually know anyone at all that have become new punters on harness racing in recent years!

The industry is struggling hugely, and you are delusional if you think that it is in a happy place!

Galah is correct when he says that the domination turns punters off!

I thought when it was announced that Purdon/ Rasmussen was giving it away for awhile was very positive for the NZ industry!

However that was just a load of crock, and we know that now!

Normal transmission as they are still around at the stable and clearly doing the same old same old!

If not, then we must all conclude that Hayden Cullen is every bit as good a trainer as Purdon/Rasmussen!!

Reality is that nothing has changed at Rolleston except for the colours, which initially werent going to be changed!

yes there will be some that say otherwise, but the industry is faltering!

5 starters in the Winter Cup for $25k?

Races at the Premier meeting last night not generating anywhere near enough money to pay the stakes!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes I am quite sad actually that I failed to demonstrate that QUALITY racing is well worth watching , No matter what price the winners are. Hopes trotters did very well, along with Nat winning the 2 Group 1's.

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Some of us got a lot more than that Gamma🤑

Galah and Brodie quite happy to bet Midweeks??? . Good on them ! they need some support.

But I demonstrated (quite soundly) how you can make some money (with MINIMUM risk) this week and last week by backing good horses from good stable.

A series of doubles , trebles , quads has given me over $2000 profit , the past 2 Fridays, all on Natalie Rasmussen drives , from about a $300 outlay. (I showed this thread you are chance of $100 for $5 outlay)

They want to 'whack-on' about $1 ew punters????  lol.... well not a lot of those left is something they should know.

Actually Brodster raves about his BIG  bets. Why not $1000 on AKUTA ? then , easy $1000 profit , on a fantastic horse !!! MINIMUM risk , Great Trainer (he won't acknowledge) great driver(s) as well. Nah , rather put a thousand on a midweek for a place horse ? what a lot of crock.....  hardly believe anyone is that si.............

• Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 2

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Reality is that despite the Bs about increased turnover, they are haemorrhaging big time, from losing punters and also not attracting new enthusiasts into harness racing!

Does anyone actually know anyone at all that have become new punters on harness racing in recent years!

The industry is struggling hugely, and you are delusional if you think that it is in a happy place!

Galah is correct when he says that the domination turns punters off!

I thought when it was announced that Purdon/ Rasmussen was giving it away for awhile was very positive for the NZ industry!

However that was just a load of crock, and we know that now!

Normal transmission as they are still around at the stable and clearly doing the same old same old!

If not, then we must all conclude that Hayden Cullen is every bit as good a trainer as Purdon/Rasmussen!!

Reality is that nothing has changed at Rolleston except for the colours, which initially werent going to be changed!

yes there will be some that say otherwise, but the industry is faltering!

5 starters in the Winter Cup for $25k?

Races at the Premier meeting last night not generating anywhere near enough money to pay the stakes!

I agree, the domination of one stable is off putting....but this Aussie fella seems to know so much more about NZ harness than anyone else.

• Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I agree, the domination of one stable is off putting....but this Aussie fella seems to know so much more about NZ harness than anyone else.

Haha yeah being an enthusiast is NO crime, and DOES increase your knowledge. Give it a go sometime. I tried to show you can make money off backing good horses, after a midweek debate about which racing is better to watch and bet on Group racing or midweek racing?   it's a NO Contest. !!

unlike your debate of suggesting IT OFF-PUTTING , Why for heavens sake? Are the Allblacks off-putting in rugby by winning?  I DO concede if you race the opposition horses it would/could be OFF-PUTTING.

I tried to show you can make money off Natalie Ras drives. 

And still Galah posted on this thread that you can't .WRONG. you and he not reading all the posts. give yourself a downvote.

31 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Haha yeah being an enthusiast is NO crime, and DOES increase your knowledge. Give it a go sometime. I tried to show you can make money off backing good horses, after a midweek debate about which racing is better to watch and bet on Group racing or midweek racing?   it's a NO Contest. !!

unlike your debate of suggesting IT OFF-PUTTING , Why for heavens sake? Are the Allblacks off-putting in rugby by winning?  I DO concede if you race the opposition horses it would/could be OFF-PUTTING.

I tried to show you can make money off Natalie Ras drives. 

And still Galah posted on this thread that you can't .WRONG. you and he not reading all the posts. give yourself a downvote.

The main point of the debate today has been about whether having dominant favorites who pay under $2 is good for racing,and good for getting the punters to bet. You may like it,but most don't.

If your theory is correct then you would have loved those penalty free races the all stars used to dominate. You know,the ones where 8 win horses would line up against 1 win horses.The ones where they used to get 25 nominations,but only ended up with fields of 6 or 7 in them. They always stifled betting. 

The whole point of the recent handicapping system has been to make fields more attractive betting wise by not having dominant favorites.The reason they have done that is because they know thats what needed to encourage betting and participation.

One thing i believe has been obvious is if they wanted to encourage betting,they were wrong to rehandicap the 3yo winners only half the points. That change has lead to more short priced favorites at tracks like addington and auckland. I think that was a dumb move just to placate the big players.Why should a 3yo get half the points of a 4 yo and over for winning the same race ?

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

The main point of the debate today has been about whether having dominant favorites who pay under $2 is good for racing,and good for getting the punters to bet. You may like it,but most don't.

If your theory is correct then you would have loved those penalty free races the all stars used to dominate. You know,the ones where 8 win horses would line up against 1 win horses.The ones where they used to get 25 nominations,but only ended up with fields of 6 or 7 in them. They always stifled betting. 

The whole point of the recent handicapping system has been to make fields more attractive betting wise by not having dominant favorites.The reason they have done that is because they know thats what needed to encourage betting and participation.

One thing i believe has been obvious is if they wanted to encourage betting,they were wrong to rehandicap the 3yo winners only half the points. That change has lead to more short priced favorites at tracks like addington and auckland. I think that was a dumb move just to placate the big players.Why should a 3yo get half the points of a 4 yo and over for winning the same race ?

Some good points Galah. 

In America any horse Under a certain price is excluded from the betting. Niatross was 15 times in 30 starts in his day. Bettor Twist would of been from the Oaks . And these important punters can get a WIN bet on La Rosa.

what a great idea. !! they do Win, Place and Show (1st,top2, top3) also a great idea !!!

Personally, I enjoy the races whether betting or Not is my problem.  

Handicapping is a BIG issue. In Brisbane they try and give EVERY horse a chance by handicapping system that gets the 'Like" horses in one race. Therefore to me IMPOSSIBLE to Bet on. All the horses are alike ??? The other day Lancelot Bromac 35 wins from 405 starts raced against a one start winner in his race. Wow , who's to say who the better horse is? (the horse with one start won again) Impossible to bet on with CONFIDENCE.

no fun in guessing results, surely?? I live off the punt so take the bets moderately seriously lol......

as JJ said , and I tried to share last week with Samhara and this week too, you can BET WITH CONFIDENCE on those good ones. I am sorry if was rude, just saying don't agree with BAD stable because of BAD (small odds) . Surely Punters NOT likely to be off-put.

Amazing Dream paid $14 here lol......  6 time Group1 winner now at Akld. I should of had a bet, and been loyal to stable ??? lol.....   or be OFF-PUTTING like Ludwigs and Brodster, because of her stable ??? no thanks. 

28 minutes ago, the galah said:

Winx drew an extra 20,000 people to Doomben one day . paying $1.10. sometimes the racing better than betting?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Yes I am quite sad actually that I failed to demonstrate that QUALITY racing is well worth watching , No matter what price the winners are. Hopes trotters did very well, along with Nat winning the 2 Group 1's.

Galah and Brodie quite happy to bet Midweeks??? . Good on them ! they need some support.

But I demonstrated (quite soundly) how you can make some money (with MINIMUM risk) this week and last week by backing good horses from good stable.

A series of doubles , trebles , quads has given me over $2000 profit , the past 2 Fridays, all on Natalie Rasmussen drives , from about a $300 outlay. (I showed this thread you are chance of $100 for $5 outlay)

They want to 'whack-on' about $1 ew punters????  lol.... well not a lot of those left is something they should know.

Actually Brodster raves about his BIG  bets. Why not $1000 on AKUTA ? then , easy $1000 profit , on a fantastic horse !!! MINIMUM risk , Great Trainer (he won't acknowledge) great driver(s) as well. Nah , rather put a thousand on a midweek for a place horse ? what a lot of crock.....  hardly believe anyone is that si.............

Gamma, which part of “heavy restrictions” do you not understand?

How on earth do I win 1k on akuta do you suggest Gamma???

Secondly wouldnt back it so short and Premier Racing is mot my cup of tea!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2