Bit Of A Yarn

All aboard the NAT express

Gammalite

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, which part of “heavy restrictions” do you not understand?

How on earth do I win 1k on akuta do you suggest Gamma???

Secondly wouldnt back it so short and Premier Racing is mot my cup of tea!

give it to ya neighbour to stick on for ya then. give him a carton for his trouble. solved. 

some owners want to put BIG bets on to 'Pay ' for their horse. so lots of us used to help them out and SPREAD the BET around a bit . plenty of options with betting companies these days. No mates will help you out?

Why do you hate the racing and leading stable so much when you can't get a bet on your midweeks anyway.?

I tried to encourage support for our Champions (nat and horses) with this thread (but failed it seems)

Feature races used to FEATURE races that people enjoyed to SEE THE BEST going around and be impressed. 

Natalie is a WORLD CHAMPION, the current Interdominion title holder, and winner of 10 races over the past 8 Days, an achievement worthy of great praise. and was proved you can Win off it for small outlay, if you want.

anyway, WELL DONE Natalie !!! an Amazing effort to win all those races , and Mr Cullen and Mr Mangos (2 wins)for supporting her with some fine training past 2 weeks, as well.

1 minute ago, paleface adios said:

good punting at Bunbury  tonight

well done by Cats too just now!!!  Lol....  easy win . And LIONS for the  flag !! (great game last night here in Brisbane against the Premiers)  good luck with your wild west tips.

For the kiwis go SPELLBOUND (Vic G3 tonight for Nathan) into ALTA ORLANDO (Nsw menangle for Dunns) double. What could go wrong???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

well done by Cats too just now!!!  Lol....  easy win . And LIONS for the  flag !! (great game last night here in Brisbane against the Premiers)  good luck with your wild west tips.

For the kiwis go SPELLBOUND (Vic G3 tonight for Nathan) into ALTA ORLANDO (Nsw menangle for Dunns) double. What could go wrong???

sport sport sport in the last at Bunbury  

25 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

give it to ya neighbour to stick on for ya then. give him a carton for his trouble. solved. 

some owners want to put BIG bets on to 'Pay ' for their horse. so lots of us used to help them out and SPREAD the BET around a bit . plenty of options with betting companies these days. No mates will help you out?

Why do you hate the racing and leading stable so much when you can't get a bet on your midweeks anyway.?

I tried to encourage support for our Champions (nat and horses) with this thread (but failed it seems)

Feature races used to FEATURE races that people enjoyed to SEE THE BEST going around and be impressed. 

Natalie is a WORLD CHAMPION, the current Interdominion title holder, and winner of 10 races over the past 8 Days, an achievement worthy of great praise. and was proved you can Win off it for small outlay, if you want.

anyway, WELL DONE Natalie !!! an Amazing effort to win all those races , and Mr Cullen and Mr Mangos (2 wins)for supporting her with some fine training past 2 weeks, as well.

Gamma, Firstly it is not as easy as you think by socalled spreading it around!

Why dont the Bookies just act with integrity and treat all punters equally?

Restrict no one or everyone!!!!

Seriously Gamma the feature races nowadays are nothing like they used to be!

Domination by the one stable is so over rated and is driving punters away!

Years ago on Premier nights there were plenty oncourse at Addington, nowadays very few of the regulars ever go!

I personally do not bother anymore as I refuse to have to identify myself to bet on a horse! Just blatant control BS!!

Money Laundering my arse, wanting to know who is wagering so they can control!

I do not hate the Purdon/Rasmussen/Cullen stable whatsoever!

They do a fantastic job for their select owners!

What I do not like is the detrimental effect that they have had on harness racing in NZ!

The fact is that they have not taken a spell away from racing whatsoever, and not too sure what the media release from them was all about??

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, Firstly it is not as easy as you think by socalled spreading it around!

Why dont the Bookies just act with integrity and treat all punters equally?

Restrict no one or everyone!!!!

Seriously Gamma the feature races nowadays are nothing like they used to be!

Domination by the one stable is so over rated and is driving punters away!

Years ago on Premier nights there were plenty oncourse at Addington, nowadays very few of the regulars ever go!

I personally do not bother anymore as I refuse to have to identify myself to bet on a horse! Just blatant control BS!!

Money Laundering my arse, wanting to know who is wagering so they can control!

I do not hate the Purdon/Rasmussen/Cullen stable whatsoever!

They do a fantastic job for their select owners!

What I do not like is the detrimental effect that they have had on harness racing in NZ!

The fact is that they have not taken a spell away from racing whatsoever, and not too sure what the media release from them was all about??

have there horses got wings geez they can fly a lot of bottom to them

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

have there horses got wings geez they can fly a lot of bottom to them

Paleface, for some reason their horses can do what other trainers can not not do with their horses!!!

They can sit parked, be under pressure and come again!!

Go figure!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

For the kiwis go SPELLBOUND (Vic G3 tonight for Nathan)

unfortunately stormed home late from well back for 1/2 head second . Where's Nat when you need her ?

in front a stride past the post.

35 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They can sit parked, be under pressure and come again!

Nat drove 5 of the 7 Cullen's with a sit last night. Italian Lad was without cover last lap after trailing up from outside of the gate draw. so a top run by him . Amazing Dream sat 1-1 at Auckland FFA and beat the $1.10 fav. Copy That. 

Always well driven by near the Best In the World !! Nat and along with Tim, Blair and Mark (and now Olivia) !!  No wonder there are so many winners.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I personally do not bother anymore as I refuse to have to identify myself to bet on a horse!

yeah good on you for sticking up for your rites. you'll think of something then . 

• Champ Post 1

24 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

must feed good chaff . all the mice is eating ours

A plague of millions in NSW at the moment? some farms completely over-run.

Is it like the rush of people trying to get to the harness racing these days.?

NSW poised to release outlawed poison to combat mouse plague | Sky News  Australia

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gammalite said:

But I demonstrated (quite soundly) how you can make some money (with MINIMUM risk) this week and last week by backing good horses from good stable.

Agreed and my exact point if not here then on another forum. You know Cullen sets his horses for the big race meets just as All Stars used to . You know she is one of the best if not the best and yet rarely drives these days.

Some one made the point about outlaying $16  on here for a small profit . Back another driver with $16 on his/her drives and you may have lost. Whilst thats good for TAB its not much use to the losing punter. 

15 hours ago, Gammalite said:

They want to 'whack-on' about $1 ew punters????  lol.... well not a lot of those left is something they should know

Not worth it for any gaming organisation and rightly gotten rid of locally

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

How on earth do I win 1k on akuta do you suggest Gamma???

Secondly wouldnt back it so short and Premier Racing is mot my cup of tea!

You could have got that amount on it ether Fixed or tote paid evens both ways. If Premier racing is not your go, fair enough , but dont go on about it all the time  as if your the only important person in harness who knows anything. Gamma and i love it and made money- you clearly didnt. 

• Champ Post 1

24 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Agreed and my exact point if not here then on another forum. You know Cullen sets his horses for the big race meets just as All Stars used to . You know she is one of the best if not the best and yet rarely drives these days.

Some one made the point about outlaying $16  on here for a small profit . Back another driver with $16 on his/her drives and you may have lost. Whilst thats good for TAB its not much use to the losing punter. 

Not worth it for any gaming organisation and rightly gotten rid of locally

You could have got that amount on it ether Fixed or tote paid evens both ways. If Premier racing is not your go, fair enough , but dont go on about it all the time  as if your the only important person in harness who knows anything. Gamma and i love it and made money- you clearly didnt. 

Mr Brodie has every right to make his point and repeat it as often as he likes. After all, we have to endure your endless repetition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Mr Brodie has every right to make his point and repeat it as often as he likes. After all, we have to endure your endless repetition.

Of course he can and does. Can you tell me about this endless repetition assertion or are you just out to make friends with  Brodie

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

This fella got a bit greedy in my opinion. He made a tactical  error by doing that.A payout of that amount would always get attention from the tab.They were never likely to pay out such a big amount given he placed the bets when the games were almost finished.

A couple of years ago i just happened to watch some race at the port pirie trots, i think it was.The commentator said it was one of those races where the same horses went round again later in the night .There were 2 such races. i think they each had about 7 horses in them.Anyway,i watched them both while i was doing something else,and looked at the odds in the later races.What the tab had done was they had the wrong odds for all the runners for the finals. They seemed to have dropped a number.I placed my bets before they corrected them. So i put 2 bets on 2 horses in each race. $5 and $10 bets to win. I rung someone else and suggested they place a $10 bet as well. Well the horse who won the first heat easily at odds of$1.80 i backed at i think it was $16.It won again easily. Then in the second heat the 2 bets i had placed on 2 runners only ran 2nd and 3rd,shame because they were both paying over $20 although their real odds were about $4. Anyway,i came away with a profit of $240 from memory.

The moral of the story is, if you ever see that,don't get too greedy. Small fish are sweet sometimes.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2