Bit Of A Yarn

Whatcha Think Brodster

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Interested in your thoughts on the 'new and improved betslip'

In the interests of kindness I invite all readers to comment publicly and JJ by way of private message.

Which Betslips have been altered??

I only use the Sports Betting Fixed odds ones for harness

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

Which Betslips have been altered??

I only use the Sports Betting Fixed odds ones for harness

If you make a bet online you will see new so called functionality in how you put your betting amount in.  You can't just use the pop up delivered by your phone (which is the internet standard) to enter the amount you have to use the on screen system. 

Screenshot_20210723-054117_TAB Mobile.jpg

• Like 1

Funny thing was I tried about 5 American and Canadian race meetings to get a screen shot example.  LOL they had all been ABANDONED.  No there hasn't been a massive summer snow storm across the USA just not enough people betting on these shyte races before daybreak to meet the minimum pool amounts!

Screenshot_20210723-054509_TAB Mobile.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If you make a bet online you will see new so called functionality in how you put your betting amount in.  You can't just use the pop up delivered by your phone (which is the internet standard) to enter the amount you have to use the on screen system. 

Screenshot_20210723-054117_TAB Mobile.jpg

Interesting!

Wonder why it has been changed?

Dont do a lot on account nowadays, can’t get much on!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Interested in your thoughts on the 'new and improved betslip'

In the interests of kindness I invite all readers to comment publicly and JJ by way of private message.

It will be on the way soon under my new pen name😇. Freedom of speech is very important these days Ranga

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Interesting!

Wonder why it has been changed?

Dont do a lot on account nowadays, can’t get much on!

Who knows why it was changed.  No doubt @JJ Flash with his connections to the TAB will enlighten us.

I would have thought there were bigger improvements to make e.g. why do the apprentice allowances disappear after viewing the fields once?  You'll see an apprentice claiming 4kg's when first viewing the race and then if you go elsewhere and then go back to the race the 4kg's has disappeared.

Another is the historical form presentation.  Overseas sites are so much better than our own and presumably the source the same data!!!!!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

would that be fartoomuch 

No , isnt he on here already or was that some sort of conspiracy theory of HTP

Im only using second pen name for PM's to a couple of  select contributors. Hope your ok with that.

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

No , isnt he on here already or was that some sort of conspiracy theory of HTP

Im only using second pen name for PM's to a couple of  select contributors. Hope your ok with that.

Yes well you are a sycophantic believer in the "leader of men" as in one Leo Molloy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Who knows why it was changed.  No doubt @JJ Flash with his connections to the TAB will enlighten us.

I would have thought there were bigger improvements to make e.g. why do the apprentice allowances disappear after viewing the fields once?  You'll see an apprentice claiming 4kg's when first viewing the race and then if you go elsewhere and then go back to the race the 4kg's has disappeared.

Another is the historical form presentation.  Overseas sites are so much better than our own and presumably the source the same data!!!!!

Chief, who on the Harness section would actually GAMBLE on gallops, especially in Winter?

You are correct there are far more important things that the TAB site could improve on!

Why does it only allow some punters on for such pathetic amounts and yet the TAB advertises ways that Punters themselves can restrict themselves to little amounts?

Why doesnt the TAB allow people to take control of their own lives and not be controlled by them??????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Chief, who on the Harness section would actually GAMBLE on gallops, especially in Winter?

You are correct there are far more important things that the TAB site could improve on!

Why does it only allow some punters on for such pathetic amounts and yet the TAB advertises ways that Punters themselves can restrict themselves to little amounts?

Why doesnt the TAB allow people to take control of their own lives and not be controlled by them??????

No gallops for me mate! 😁

Another thing I would like to see is whether a horse is dropping down in grade. The present grading system is a shambles and difficult to understand as the HRNZ was told it would be. It is not the TABs fault but I would like to see something like that added to the horse data. A horse runs in R55 one week next it good be in a R45. It is hard to understand the system, at least for me. It makes it harder to find value runners when the grading system is so confusing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Are you somehow saying the TAB should let the people decide how much money the TAB makes and not be governed by their business decisions which ultimately decides how much money gets distributed back to the industry.

If that were the case you would be instead create a more vicious downward spiral of the industry than it is already in.  It is actually beneficial to the industry for the TAB to make as much money as they can to distribute more to harness racing.

Sounds like you are selfishly in it for yourself and not the industry as a whole!  Fair enough if you rely on gambling for your living but you claim you do not bet for the money.  

• Champ Post 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

If the flies from Meekatharra are running late I will often have a little wager on something with Lord Ballina in it pedigree just to fill in time.

download (1).jpeg

Edited by Rangatira

43 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Sounds like you are selfishly in it for yourself and not the industry as a whole!  Fair enough if you rely on gambling for your living but you claim you do not bet for the money.  

On the money Nowornever !!!!!!

And humble with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

No gallops for me mate! 😁

Another thing I would like to see is whether a horse is dropping down in grade. The present grading system is a shambles and difficult to understand as the HRNZ was told it would be. It is not the TABs fault but I would like to see something like that added to the horse data. A horse runs in R55 one week next it good be in a R45. It is hard to understand the system, at least for me. It makes it harder to find value runners when the grading system is so confusing. 

The grading system isn't that hard to understand once its explained to you. You just have to go to the hrnz website and click on the rating next to each horse and it will show the rating history of each horse. Basically they are either mr(for non winners) or r(for winners). Then next to that they have their current rating.If you look the ratings will go up i think  6 points for a win,stay the same if 2nd to 5th,and go down 1 point if placed further back if the horse had a current rating of r60 or below. I think they can drop an extra point or two if rated 60 and above and run 6th or worse.

The only difference to that is horses with 2 or more wins don't drop below r45,and you get the 2 and 3 yo given concession ratings.

Personally i think the current rating system is o.k.,but  i do think there should be changes made so as to retain greater horse numbers at the bottom end of the rating system,as that is where the most leakage horse numbers wise is.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

The grading system isn't that hard to understand once its explained to you. You just have to go to the hrnz website and click on the rating next to each horse and it will show the rating history of each horse. Basically they are either mr(for non winners) or r(for winners). Then next to that they have their current rating.If you look the ratings will go up i think  6 points for a win,stay the same if 2nd to 5th,and go down 1 point if placed further back if the horse had a current rating of r60 or below. I think they can drop an extra point or two if rated 60 and above and run 6th or worse.

The only difference to that is horses with 2 or more wins don't drop below r45,and you get the 2 and 3 yo given concession ratings.

Personally i think the current rating system is o.k.,but  i do think there should be changes made so as to retain greater horse numbers at the bottom end of the rating system,as that is where the most leakage horse numbers wise is.

Thanks mate, I don't understand most of this, but never mind. I guess I am probably too lazy to bother with clicking on the rating next to each horse, but thanks for this as I didn't know about that. I think the horses need to drop back quicker than they do now. There is the farcical situation now that a horse that wins a few then reaches its mark (M House has many of these), then has to have about 10 starts running out of the money before it is downgraded enough to be competitive. This is a lose/lose for the horses, trainers and most importantly, owners> There definitely needs to be a lower rating, perhaps race at Addington once a week, lower stakes, easy grades, open to any horse penalty free or at least reduced penalty. Maybe restrict the feilds to 10 runners, mobiles 1980m. You would get good even fields and plenty of value bets (attention Brodie!!!!!). If horses like in this grade could race each week it would be better for the trainers and owners, horses don't need working as much and regular cheques coming? Just a thought!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Davis said:

Thanks mate, I don't understand most of this, but never mind. I guess I am probably too lazy to bother with clicking on the rating next to each horse, but thanks for this as I didn't know about that. I think the horses need to drop back quicker than they do now. There is the farcical situation now that a horse that wins a few then reaches its mark (M House has many of these), then has to have about 10 starts running out of the money before it is downgraded enough to be competitive. This is a lose/lose for the horses, trainers and most importantly, owners> There definitely needs to be a lower rating, perhaps race at Addington once a week, lower stakes, easy grades, open to any horse penalty free or at least reduced penalty. Maybe restrict the feilds to 10 runners, mobiles 1980m. You would get good even fields and plenty of value bets (attention Brodie!!!!!). If horses like in this grade could race each week it would be better for the trainers and owners, horses don't need working as much and regular cheques coming? Just a thought!

The only thing i would clarify re your comments on the rating system is that a horse that has 8 starts where its placed 6th or worse,will generally be back to the same grade it won in 8 starts ago,so should be competitive again. Not 10 races as you have mentioned ,although not much difference i guess.Also I had said earlier most winners go up 6 points,i think to be correct they get re rated up to 8 points for a win unless they are those age concession horses. You do see with those house horses that they can put 2 or 3 good results together. I think there are probably 2 or 3 factors for that,but no doubt the self belief those seasoned horses gain from a win would be part of it.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Are you somehow saying the TAB should let the people decide how much money the TAB makes and not be governed by their business decisions which ultimately decides how much money gets distributed back to the industry.

If that were the case you would be instead create a more vicious downward spiral of the industry than it is already in.  It is actually beneficial to the industry for the TAB to make as much money as they can to distribute more to harness racing.

What I am saying is that the TAB is a Betting Agency!!!

If they are prepared to take money from one punter then they should be prepared to accept the same money from another!!!!

At the end of the day each punter has nothing  to do with how the horse runs!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes well you are a sycophantic believer in the "leader of men" as in one Leo Molloy.

So your love affair and obsession with all things LJM continues. What a sad life you must lead, have you thought about counselling?

Given your such a know it all on all things as witnessed by your thousands of corrective posts on here perhaps you should stand against him- just for a laugh of course. Naturally he would lap you but that's probably why you never achieve much.

Edited by JJ Flash