Bit Of A Yarn

Slow Sectionals- Should they be fined????

Over recent months there have been many races run at Addington where there are quarters being run in pedestrian times!!!!

When you invest on races you are wagering that the race js going to be run at a reasonable speed for the class of horses involved!

When you have quarters being run in over 33 seconds and halves in over 65 secs it changes the whole dynamics of the race and you might as well throw the form book out the window!!!!

In Oz they fined drivers for going too slow, bot sure whether they still do this

Maybe we need to introduce this in NZ as it becomes an absolute farce when they go slow!

You could say that it is good driving by the lead driver and parked  horse, but absolutely stupid when the horses out the back just sit there and expect  to  win from so far back with a short sprint home!

From a punters point of view, there needs to be more action to make a fair race and to ensure I can get a collect!!!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Over recent months there have been many races run at Addington where there are quarters being run in pedestrian times!!!!

When you invest on races you are wagering that the race js going to be run at a reasonable speed for the class of horses involved!

When you have quarters being run in over 33 seconds and halves in over 65 secs it changes the whole dynamics of the race and you might as well throw the form book out the window!!!!

In Oz they fined drivers for going too slow, bot sure whether they still do this

Maybe we need to introduce this in NZ as it becomes an absolute farce when they go slow!

You could say that it is good driving by the lead driver and parked  horse, but absolutely stupid when the horses out the back just sit there and expect  to  win from so far back with a short sprint home!

From a punters point of view, there needs to be more action to make a fair race and to ensure I can get a collect!!!

Perhaps they should fine the other drivers in the field that make no attempt to improve? If a horse is jogging slowly in front, don't just sit there and do nothing making it a sprint home, pull out and make a race of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Perhaps they should fine the other drivers in the field that make no attempt to improve? If a horse is jogging slowly in front, don't just sit there and do nothing making it a sprint home, pull out and make a race of it. 

Totally agree Davis.

Whatever but on Addington they shouldn’t be allowed to run 34 quarters over any distance

There is a interview with Dexter Dunn when he just arrived in USA saying everything you've said brodie.dexter had enough of the bullshit.the racing in australia and NZ is beyond criminal with the rules in play. totally different from the major countries putting our racing in a very poor light as it is dangerous and full of team driving and race fixing.nz trots is in a even poorer light due to no swabbing of nearly all horses and three leading stewards who time after time prove they are not capable of doing there jobs and failing to protect the industry.thats you Nick Vinny and Steve of amazing dream beyond words fame.hows beyond words going.i bet who bought it would be spewing they got conned by the horses form looking way better than it really was.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Totally agree Davis.

Whatever but on Addington they shouldn’t be allowed to run 34 quarters over any distance

And Ben hope should not be allowed to ever drive in a race again.hes the worst driver since Clint ford.he will never learn.just like alot of them just close your eyes and hope for the best.ben would put all them bad Tim Williams slaughter jobs to shame.but there's a big difference Tim all ways had the ability he just had to learn how to drive to win and did.ben shows no ability or ever the ability to win a race.

• Confused 1
  • Bad Post 1

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

download (2).jpeg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, retarded driver said:

And Ben hope should not be allowed to ever drive in a race again.hes the worst driver since Clint ford.he will never learn.just like alot of them just close your eyes and hope for the best.ben would put all them bad Tim Williams slaughter jobs to shame.but there's a big difference Tim all ways had the ability he just had to learn how to drive to win and did.ben shows no ability or ever the ability to win a race.

Thanks for winning the last Ben Hope.... A great pick six result and made my multi....great drive too!

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

Thanks for winning the last Ben Hope.... A great pick six result and made my multi....great drive too!

Hopes driven 40 winners and over half a million in stakes this season.So you can't deny he is very successful. But personally i don't think he's fulfilled his potential that he showed a couple of seasons ago.He may look more tidy in a finish now,but tactically hes not as good in my opinion.I'll give you an example. Last night he's 4 back the fence on rockntommy rulz,following sugar me the hot favorite. Now anyone watching knew sarah o'reilly would have the brains to not get trapped if someone came off the running line with 1200m to go. But that thought seemed to escape Hopes thinking. Instead morrison used his brains and took the spot that was hopes for the taking.Ultimately cost him running 3rd instead of 4th. Its hard to work out his tactics sometimes,and thats why some punters like retarded driver find his driving frustrating. People shouldn't deny their is a reason for that.No point pointing to a win,and ignoring the other drives. Having said that,Hope shouldn't care less what the punters think,just try and drive to the best he can.Not everyone can be blair orange.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

Did you ever consider the trainers of RocknTommy Rulz know he is a sit sprinter, knew he was outclassed by a couple and decided best tactics would be to take the shortest way home or did that escape your thinking Galah??? Did you not think B Hope used his brains when he decided that Sarah moving out on the hot favourite 1000m out there was a chance being the amazingly awesome aggressive wee driver that she is may have sped straight to the lead which would of left him parked?? Did you not think he knew that he was following 2 nice horses more favoured on the tote???? Did it escape you that he ended up with the run behind the leader in the passing lane and he was beaten by three better horses?? There are many reasons drivers choose to drive a different race than you from the stand? Ben was driving to instructions so if you wish to accuse anyone of not using their brain in that race accuse me me Galah!!!!!

• Champ Post 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Nina Hope said:

Did you ever consider the trainers of RocknTommy Rulz know he is a sit sprinter, knew he was outclassed by a couple and decided best tactics would be to take the shortest way home or did that escape your thinking Galah??? Did you not think B Hope used his brains when he decided that Sarah moving out on the hot favourite 1000m out there was a chance being the amazingly awesome aggressive wee driver that she is may have sped straight to the lead which would of left him parked?? Did you not think he knew that he was following 2 nice horses more favoured on the tote???? Did it escape you that he ended up with the run behind the leader in the passing lane and he was beaten by three better horses?? There are many reasons drivers choose to drive a different race than you from the stand? Ben was driving to instructions so if you wish to accuse anyone of not using their brain in that race accuse me me Galah!!!!!

Nina, of course you are going to defend Ben.

You shouldnt have to as personally think he has come a long way and tries hard in all his drives.

If  some people do not rate him as a driver, then I wouldnt be too concerned, as believe it or not, I have some detractors!

That is life and what you should be very proud of is that Ben is very grounded, enthusiast and likeable young bloke and will have a big future in the industry and this is what the industry needs.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:25 AM, the galah said:

Ultimately cost him running 3rd instead of 4th. Its hard to work out his tactics sometimes,

Ben gave the horse every chance to run 3rd. Tommy a clear inside run in the home straight. The first 2 horses were just too good. 

I would question the tactics Very early in the race , where Ben placed the Matthew Williamson drive in great peril I'M TOUGH by almost sending it into a gallop . I would of been yelling and screaming if i was Matthew. Quite un-fair on him. Sarah ultimately blamed for it by the stewards , squeezing Tommy Rulz down onto him , but geez that was ugly early!!!! could of been quite nasty.

Brodie I'm not defending Ben. He can do that himself and he has copped more than his fair share on this site and he has handled it bloody well.

I however have not........ it is bloody tough to read some of the crap that gets thrown at him. Im holding back the tears at the keyboard now after reading some of the comments of Forbury and Retarded Driver.

15 minutes ago, Nina Hope said:

Im holding back the tears at the keyboard now after reading some of the comments of Forbury and Retarded Driver.

My apologies but I have tried to hide the worst from those two posters (one and the same person?) which I considered to be well beyond reasonable criticism.  

20 minutes ago, Nina Hope said:

Gammalite the front on view is very different to the side on view. 

Yes the stewards made Sarah watch the replay and issued a warning in the report. I'm Still a 'Why Put legs where Angels Dare to tread" sort of person . especially if on a loose rein regarding Ben .. JMO  

It's a competitive business alright !!! Even the greats of the game found out , with Luke McCarthy putting the legs of King of Swing in a peril- ful place with Mr Anthony Butt and Copy That crossing down. (In the Black's a Fake Group 1 recently) END result is a horse galloping and 4 weeks suspension for Anthony.  

1 hour ago, Nina Hope said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. If you think that was a thinking drive then thats your opinion. Its not mine.I watched the race several times before my original comment.  But you pay the bills. My comments aren't attacking the person,merely his tactics.

Do you really care about what i or retarded driver has to say?Retarded is allowed his opinion,but i don't think he's taken too seriously  most of the time. Personally I think you over reacted to the comments made on here.

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Ben gave the horse every chance to run 3rd. Tommy a clear inside run in the home straight. The first 2 horses were just too good. 

I would question the tactics Very early in the race , where Ben placed the Matthew Williamson drive in great peril I'M TOUGH by almost sending it into a gallop . I would of been yelling and screaming if i was Matthew. Quite un-fair on him. Sarah ultimately blamed for it by the stewards , squeezing Tommy Rulz down onto him , but geez that was ugly early!!!! could of been quite nasty.

Gammalite what do you think of the driving of Hayden and alistar barnes in queensland. I have recently been doing the videos of all the races over there,and i have seen about 5 questionable drives,and everyone has been from the barnes. Are the stipes not very pro active ?

Edited by the galah

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

tarded is allowed his opinion,but i don't think he's taken too seriously  most of the time. Personally I think you over reacted to the comments made on here.

Doubt that mate. A lot of that stuff posted is vile and no one wants to read it. did you see the Mark Purdon comments? Any relative of the driver (ben or mark) would be horrified, and can't say someone shocked or upset is over-reacting?

Unfortunately some people are trying to achieve that exact thing (like RD/Forb) and  it is so UNNECESSARY.

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Gammalite what do you think of the driving of Hayden and alistar barnes in queensland. I have recently been doing the videos of all the races over there,and i have seen about 5 questionable drives,and everyone has been from the barnes. Are the stipes not very pro active ?

Stipes here don't Muck around mate. 2 of the best drivers McCarthy and Butt got suspensions , winning or not ???? usually winning. lol....   haven't seen Herlihy suspended much? 

Shane Graham got a year (QLD leading driver at the time) for dubious drive, Trista Dixon got a year (wife of leading QLD Trainer ) for team driving with Grant. Don't see that happening there??  lack of Pro-active stewards maybe??

11 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Doubt that mate. A lot of that stuff posted is vile and no one wants to read it. did you see the Mark Purdon comments? Any relative of the driver (ben or mark) would be horrified, and can't say someone shocked or upset is over-reacting?

Unfortunately some people are trying to achieve that exact thing (like RD/Forb) and  it is so UNNECESSARY.

Surely we all know that.I'm sure you have worked out not to takeretarded seriously.This is the internet is it not. People post things that contradict others points of view,and some post stuff thats viewed as just dumb. But thats how it is,and its not going to change.

Nina hope can take in isolation certain posts and become annoyed. Thats up to herwhat she reacts to.i have always said B hope is a top driver of trotters. Drivers go through good and bad patches,and i have in the past made several positive posts about hopes driving and him as a person. I just say what i think.I'm not going to become fake and post what i don't think.

Edited by the galah

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Stipes here don't Muck around mate. 2 of the best drivers McCarthy and Butt got suspensions , winning or not ???? usually winning. lol....   haven't seen Herlihy suspended much? 

Shane Graham got a year (QLD leading driver at the time) for dubious drive, Trista Dixon got a year (wife of leading QLD Trainer ) for team driving with Grant. Don't see that happening there??  lack of Pro-active stewards maybe??

So you haven't answered my question. I take that to mean you agree that the Barnes in queensland are dodgy. They train and drive a lot of ex lincoln farm horses.Go watch the race of Man of action at marburg today. Or go watch the drive about 10 days ago at albion park where the father(i 'm guessing) strangles his horse to allow the favorite driven by his son to get the 1/1 when caught wide,due to kotare elite wanting to keep the breeze. Stipes just "noted his tactics" .Weak as. As i've said there are other examples from the barnes,but i won't list them all.

Edited by the galah

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Surely we all know that.I'm sure you have worked out not to takeretarded seriously.This is the internet is it not. People post things that contradict others points of view,and some post stuff thats viewed as just dumb. But thats how it is,and its not going to change.

Nina hope can take in isolation certain posts and become annoyed. Thats up to herwhat she reacts to.i have always said B hope is a top driver of trotters. Drivers go through good and bad patches,and i have in the past made several positive posts about hopes driving and him as a person. I just say what i think. 

Your opinion is very good. you give reasons. I have been on Olympic forums and of course the internet is full of sore losers , as i saw with the totally biased comments. ( a lot of Aussies hate American swimmers it seems lol.....)

Nina would NOT know who to take seriously here mate. It would look quite seriously Derogatory and disgusting to a NEW Poster mate, (who hasn't seen it all before, and had to see such Insulting remarks)   

You see races a certain way. Others just hate people. I think you are wrong with the assessment of Ben following Sarah off the fence behind SUGAR ME. He had No Chance of doing that IMO>>>> 

Apologies about Barnes , I would just go with the stewards report.  I didn't notice anything. 

4 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Your opinion is very good. you give reasons. I have been on Olympic forums and of course the internet is full of sore losers , as i saw with the totally biased comments. ( a lot of Aussies hate American swimmers it seems lol.....)

Nina would NOT know who to take seriously here mate. It would look quite seriously Derogatory and disgusting to a NEW Poster mate, (who hasn't seen it all before, and had to see such Insulting remarks)   

You see races a certain way. Others just hate people. I think you are wrong with the assessment of Ben following Sarah off the fence behind SUGAR ME. He had No Chance of doing that IMO>>>> 

Apologies about Barnes , I would just go with the stewards report.  I didn't notice anything. 

Well if you didn't notice the barnes team driving at albion park,then you can't have seen the race.As for man of action today. That fella was so desperate not to run anywhere even blind freddy couldn't miss it.Just watch his drive over the last round. I'm guessing he knows someone that has a betfair account.No other way to explain it. 

Edited by the galah