Bit Of A Yarn

Brodster ...... Are You Disturbed

Rangatira

5 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Why were you banned? Can you recall what it was you posted that got you banned?

Curious. Was it political posting or was it simply an opinion about racing that you posted that got you banned? Who else is banned, recall JJ saying that Whippy is banned. Don't know of any others. 

Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

Karrots why was I banned?

There were many of us banned for expressing opinions that were on the money.

It was a fun time and yes you needed popcorn!

I am not certain but I understand that the owner of the site was perhaps going through a bad case of menopause!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You posts both here and earlier seem to want that number not to be reached for some bizarre reason. Is that to prove me wrong or for your own self indulgence.

Not at all.  It would be great if the $170m was achieved.  However I have long stopped buying into the spin and BS.  The $170m is smoke and mirrors that people like yourself buy in to.  Fundamentally nothing has changed - TAB NZ has pushed costs to the industry and the industry administrators - NZTR, HRNZ and GRNZ are spending more and following the same path spiralling downwards.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! 

It needs to change!!!

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

The latest lockdown is of no benefit to NZTAB owners trainers and all the rest of the NZ racing fraternity yet you seem to not want to see the number reached. Chances of it now  being reached would certainly have taken a hit due to lockdown and no domestic racing but lets wait and see what the number is at the end of the season 

Yep that is the out BUT don't kid yourself that the $170m was only ever imaginary for the reasons I just posted.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!  Well it has actually - in the past we used to see comprehensive accounts and business plans (BS that they were) now we see NOTHING!

A good start would be to slash our Grp stakes and start bolstering the lower end. Our best horses are headed to the OZZIE riches (good on them) and punters would rather bet on our lower grade races that offer value than lopsided Grp races that will probably be dominated by one or two stables.  What is your opinion on that idea?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I am not certain but I understand that the owner of the site was perhaps going through a bad case of menopause!!

So an opinion about racing. No name calling was in the post, or any type of defamation? 

So in other words are you staying its kind of not a true open public forum, but one that runs to an agenda or narrative the suits whoever runs it?

I do understand admin of forums need to be cautious when peeps start posting questionable stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

People were banned for the simple reason that they disagreed or annoyed the owner.  That Mayoral Candidate (ex?) openly stated that he bought that site to control the narrative.  He still does have an undue influence on the narrative.  If anyone has actually met the faux owner - the Comic Dog you would know that he is basically an overweight blob looking for a spine.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They moderated me so I simply stopped posting over there. Shortly there after, I stopped visiting. I didn't want them to get credit for my page views.

I had an email pop up from them yesterday for the first time I can remember about some kind of Spring competition. 

I hope they don't expect a reply or action. They're dead to me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

So in other words are you staying its kind of not a true open public forum, but one that runs to an agenda or narrative the suits whoever runs it?

Correct and I have that on record.  Sycophancy, subservience and obsequiousness is rewarded that's why @JJ Flash feels so comfortable and "informed" over there.  

• Haha 2
  • Bad Post 1

3 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I had an email pop up from them yesterday for the first time I can remember about some kind of Spring competition. 

Yeah they are trying to drive a nail into the Music channel's teams racing competition run by PJ.  

I wouldn't be surprised if @JJ Flash is helping with the admin and promotion side of it.  Most of that type of work is beyond the Comic Dog.

• Haha 2

Geez the posting is going well today lol.. cold miserable day in NZ today I take it .some cold posts.

No racing will do that to ya . 

6 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I'm gunna try and win that and bring the glory home . Not banned yet like Brodster. 

Did have 4 of last 5 posts 'Removed' from Racenet Oz though. The fuckers just can't handle the truth about Berry's ride that near killed Avdulla, nor anything about the Fuckwits decisions to ban leading jockeys for having a party.  

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

They moderated me so I simply stopped posting over there. Shortly there after, I stopped visiting. I didn't want them to get credit for my page views.

I hope they don't expect a reply or action. They're dead to me.

How interesting. Gosh its quite political isn’t it. Racing forum politics. There certainly is deep rivalry is an easy observation.

For first time saw this 3rd channel other day & noticed that is where Happy has gone. Saw Chief post saying there are 3 channels & 1 was created due to Thomas or something. So googled.

It looks like a nice place to post, prob a bit quiet for Karrots tho, won’t quite get the fun banter or chit chat as do on here e.g. with Gamms etc.

Thanks Yankiwi for the info re you got moderated, YIKES. You seem like a good poster who contributes well to the dog chat.

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Did have 4 of last 5 posts 'Removed' from Racenet Oz though. The fuckers just can't handle the truth about Berry's ride that near killed Avdulla, nor anything about the Fuckwits decisions to ban leading jockeys for having a party.  

HAHAHA - Gamma you been moderated by yet a different site lol. Oh gee. This is good. And the F Bomb too, twice by Gamms lol oh my. 

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

People were banned for the simple reason that they disagreed or annoyed the owner.  That Mayoral Candidate (ex?) openly stated that he bought that site to control the narrative.  He still does have an undue influence on the narrative.  If anyone has actually met the faux owner - the Comic Dog you would know that he is basically an overweight blob looking for a spine.

They also barred me from posting. Couldn't work out exactly why,but i formed the opinion they only wanted one sided points of view.

There was a definite dark side to that forum. People should be aware of that.

My guess was those that ran it could easliy be  influenced into suppressing peoples points of view,and used their forum to give one sided attacks on those they disagreed with.

I have said this once before on here.

After i was banned,someone using my actual name as their nom de plume posted a handful of posts,among them a personal attack on a trainer i used which inferred untrue information. Someone who ran the forum had to have given my name to the person making those posts,and after i contacted mr molloy twice the posts continued. In my view molloy deliberately aided and abetted the sinister posting that they were doing.

I still occasionally read it,they have some good posters,but if you want a forum where both points of view are expressed,then this is the forum to get it.JJ flash obviously prefers the other site,thats up to him,but personally i think it good he posts here as well,as he has his own points of view,and when you read everyones point of view on here,it sometimes helps get some balance to your own point of view. Thats the way it should be,and i think this forum works pretty good in that respect.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Thanks Yankiwi for the info re you got moderated, YIKES. You seem like a good poster who contributes well to the dog chat.

I finally broke down & paid them a visit (as a visitor).

5+ years since I've posted over there.

First post Jan 17, 2014 - Final post Apr 24, 2016. They only got 2+ years out of me.

Chiefs got 3+ years & counting.

That said, now Chief knows the underlying action to making me disappear. 9_9

image.png.decba867e42774a13d2c9a3b5fd8fdd9.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

After i was banned,someone using my actual name as their nom de plume posted a handful of posts,among them a personal attack on a trainer i used which inferred untrue information. Someone who ran the forum had to have given my name to the person making those posts,and after i contacted mr molloy twice the posts continued. In my view molloy deliberately aided and abetted the sinister posting that they were doing.

It was probably Little Molly himself.  I know because I saw him do that when I was administrator.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

but personally i think it good he posts here as well,as he has his own points of view,and when you read everyones point of view on here,it sometimes helps get some balance to your own point of view.

I don't disagree however I don't think his personal attacks are warranted. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

They also barred me from posting. Couldn't work out exactly why,but i formed the opinion they only wanted one sided points of view.

There was a definite dark side to that forum. People should be aware of that.

My guess was those that ran it could easliy be  influenced into suppressing peoples points of view,and used their forum to give one sided attacks on those they disagreed with.

I have said this once before on here.

I still occasionally read it,they have some good posters,but if you want a forum where both points of view are expressed,then this is the forum to get it.JJ flash obviously prefers the other site,thats up to him,but personally i think it good he posts here as well,as he has his own points of view,and when you read everyones point of view on here,it sometimes helps get some balance to your own point of view. Thats the way it should be,and i think this forum works pretty good in that respect.

WTF, shut the front gate. That is dreadful Galahs, so they know who you are. Is that how some peeps on here know who others are as they knew whom everyone was over there & shared ALL peeps details around. That is truely disturbing if so. Cant be trusted.

Yeah Chief just gets his grump on & debates his point hard, but thats about it when peeps disagree with him. (He is a CCP lover, Karrots is not lol - yet we seem to get on fine and dandy 😃). He doesn't go to that sort of horrid level or near it. Truely despicable. Anyway moving on 😃

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I wouldn't be surprised if @JJ Flash is helping with the admin and promotion side of it.  Most of that type of work is beyond the Comic Dog.

Absolute lies but im not surprised you have stooped that low. 

Your issues with Scoobie and Leo are yours alone , leave me out of your historical issues.

1 minute ago, Karrotsisback said:

WTF, shut the front gate. That is dreadful Galahs, so they know who you are. Is that how some peeps on here know who others are as they knew whom everyone was over there & shared ALL peeps details around. That is truely disturbing if so. Cant be trusted.

Sadly @Karrotsisback the racing community is very small and the reality is it doesn't require forum back office access to work out who people are.  The bigger question is one of protecting the privacy of those who post.  That said I have no idea who @Gammalite or you are.  @Gammalite has given countless clues online about his identity and if someone was motivated I'm sure they could connect the dots.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the galah said:

Thanks TG although it would appear many neither want or see balance as a good thing.

I complimented you and Ranga earlier as 2 of the better posters on here and the above confirms my judgment about the soundness of your posts.

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Yeah Chief just gets his grump on & debates his point hard, but thats about it when peeps disagree with him. (He is a CCP lover,

Fake news!  I'm not a CCP lover but I'm also not paranoid or particularly worried that they are monitoring my every action.  

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

I complimented you and Ranga earlier as 2 of the better posters on here and the above confirms my judgment

FFS the arrogance!  Do you really think you need to compliment posters on what you value as good?  Given your assessment of TAB NZ's performance I'm not sure I'd be happy being complimented by you!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Fake news!  I'm not a CCP lover but I'm also not paranoid or particularly worried that they are monitoring my every action.  

Haha knew that would get a reaction. 

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Sadly @Karrotsisback the racing community is very small and the reality is it doesn't require forum back office access to work out who people are.  The bigger question is one of protecting the privacy of those who post.  That said I have no idea who @Gammalite or you are.  @Gammalite has given countless clues online about his identity and if someone was motivated I'm sure they could connect the dots.

Yes was VERY surprised Gamms posted a pic recently on here gallops side of a family member. Went back to take another look at it to make sure that it wasn't one that could be google searched. Was going to write to him or you to take it down, but way its posted seems like its not. 

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Thanks TG although it would appear many do not either want or see balance as a good thing.

I complimented you and Ranga earlier as 2 of the better posters on here and the above confirms my judgment

Iv been enjoying your posts JJ, when they are just on racing, & not a flat out fight between you & Chief both insulting each other.

• Like 1