Bit Of A Yarn

The Sabbatical is OVER! Cullen and Purdon to Start Anew on 1 October 2021

Chief Stipe

Wow that is breaking, can't see it up anywhere else yet.

Was thinking when I saw a pic on Vivid memories it triggered a memory, Bird Story. Then posted on Williams on Fire thread. (which btw they got their 1st South TEAM winner yesterday. Well done) Great decision for him to move in that direction.

Anyways was thinking how Bird Story is probably true. But not sure of course. But was just starting to think more likely than not true. And now this, me starting to think even more must be true.

Bird Lol GIF

• Like 1

Wasn’t really a Sabbatical!

As much BS as what Ardern and Bloomfield are talking!

When are they coming out and telling us that we have been conned and the country is broke?

Sheep wake up.

Sorry Karrots havent hijacked the topic, just trying to show that Brodie is once again always on the money.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 2:04 PM, Robalan said:

HRNZ had an agreement with Thoroughbred racing that the income on offshore betting would be shared evenly between the 3 codes in return for harness racing giving up most of its Saturday race dates. This agreement was thrown out at the latest round of discussions and now as a consequence each code receives the distribution which equates to the percentage of overseas betting on their own code. The amount paid to HRNZ therefore was considerably lower than previous years

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well they won't take prisoners especially if Nat still gets a drive!

Nat going to start back officially training in partnership with Mark 1/1/22.Cullen going back to foreman so Cullen/Purdon only for 3 months

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trotsfan said:

Nat going to start back officially training in partnership with Mark 1/1/22.Cullen going back to foreman so Cullen/Purdon only for 3 months

Really, thanks for the latest inside info update Trotsfan. Wow, back to stable foreman but his results were good. 

Birdstory must NOT be true then. That is good!

Do you know if it is as a they said back on a small scale or is it BACK fully how it used to be? Peeps do have every right to change minds. (Eg I was going to let the whole Alex P Ranga ideas thing go, then woke up this morning thought nah).

BUT with regard to them, if they do go back to being as it was prior its interesting. The BIG leaving announcement & all (mind you I suppose I had a big farewell announcement too on here & now back 😜). Mind you a bit different as theirs was voluntary, oppose doing so by way of thought there were new rules.

Credit to Brods here - On the money he was indeed!

12 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Really, thanks for the latest inside info update Trotsfan. Wow, back to stable foreman but his results were good. 

Birdstory must NOT be true then. That is good!

Do you know if it is as a they said back on a small scale or is it BACK fully how it used to be? Peeps do have every right to change minds. (Eg I was going to let the whole Alex P Ranga ideas thing go, then woke up this morning thought nah).

BUT with regard to them, if they do go back to being as it was prior its interesting. The BIG leaving announcement & all (mind you I suppose I had a big farewell announcement too on here & now back 😜). Mind you a bit different as theirs was voluntary, oppose doing so by way of thought there were new rules.

Credit to Brods here - On the money he was indeed!

6 o cock in the morning, you got nought better to do?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

6 o cock in the morning, you got nought better to do?

10 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Lockdown perhaps you FORGOT. The days just stay to blurb into 1.

And yourself? You are not in level 4. You can go out and about. 

Now in WEEK 5 !

LEVEL 4.

Edited by Karrotsisback

54 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Now in WEEK 5 !

LEVEL 4.

Auckland should stay in lockdown until those two arseholesj who flew to wanaka for a weekend away are exposed publicly or jailed for a week or two, maybe more, they give Auckland a bad image but there are probably a lot like them.

17 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Auckland should stay in lockdown until those two arseholesj who flew to wanaka for a weekend away are exposed publicly or jailed for a week or two, maybe more, they give Auckland a bad image but there are probably a lot like them.

That's a bit over the top.  The predicament we are in is all of the Government's making.  We shouldn't be turning on each other but pushing back at them.  That aside what does your comment have to do with the reincarnated All Stars back from their sabbatical?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Sorry bout that, just got back from an hour walk. Man was SOOOO nice to have fresh air on skin, something usually take for granted.

So I answered your question, threw the same question back at you.

No answer.

And yes as Chief stated what does this have to do with All Stars back from sabbatical? I actually posted about it you on the other hand did not.

Edited by Karrotsisback

Here is another article one sees today. Sorry Chief off topic, but hey Auckland are officially in the LONGEST EVER LOCKDOWN.

Think will go & clean the house now. So not to bother the likes of Mikey NZ. Altho he could just mute my posts.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-delta-outbreak-auckland-officially-in-longest-ever-lockdown-but-there-is-hope/NHDL2T22TSE3DGBOPJANY5GZXY/

2 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Sorry bout that, just got back from an hour walk. Man was SOOOO nice to have fresh air on skin, something usually take for granted.

So I answered your question, threw the same question back at you.

No answer.

And yes as Chief stated what does this have to do with All Stars back from sabbatical? I actually posted about it you on the other hand did not.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's a bit over the top.  The predicament we are in is all of the Government's making.  We shouldn't be turning on each other but pushing back at them.  That aside what does your comment have to do with the reincarnated All Stars back from their sabbatical?

Sometimes chat does move off topic, it wasn't me who mentioned the lockdown.

12 hours ago, Trotsfan said:

Well when you look at it , nothing new. When Horse trainers are disqualified for a term , a foreman or relative or even farrier, takes up the stable Trainers name (like kiwi Craig Cross did for a term at Oz winning most stable McCarthy's.)

16 x group 1 trainer, Gary Hall Snr (WA) still listed as Trainer, even though his horse involvement is tiny these days. Not sure why Gary Hall Jnr never wanted a trainers gig,  probably like Pete McMullen and Shane Graham and Luke McCarthy and Chris Alford,(Who all train Through/Under their Partners name) they can All take 'Outside their Stable' drives whenever they want. Pete does this regularly. and it's Not a 'good look' really.

NZ more honest it seems ,in listing actual Trainers ,Like Barry Purdon , on again off again with Phelan. 

I guess Nat should just stay off the Training ticket and get Outside Drives too, BUT would miss the BIG 'training percentages ' that the Premier stable earns.

To be fair, the AllStar story is not worth the time and effort discussing it.

Most know that it was just a beat up and never really happened.

The biggest issue is what is happening to Nz, that is being controlled by a person that is so far out of her depth it is ridiculous!

Why so many voted her back in when she had clearly showed that she was not capable Of achieving anything is very hard to fathom.

Yes maybe she did go ok working in the Fish and Chip shop but is that really worthy of her dictating your life?

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The biggest issue is what is happening to Nz, that is being controlled by a person that is so far out of her depth it is ridiculous!

Why so many voted her back in when she had clearly showed that she was not capable Of achieving anything is very hard to fathom.

Yes maybe she did go ok working in the Fish and Chip shop but is that really worthy of her dictating your life?

Jacindas making a big deal over covid, other than that the cupboard is bare of anything of much use to nz, Winston must have seen something no one else did.

When the one o clock sermon comes on the radio that's the time to turn off and go do something useful.

To think she ended up in the job over someone like Bill English defies logic, William was not the be all and end all but a pretty steady hand none the less.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I agree with brodie.

Cullen taking over was always a situation that many believe there was more to than just taking a break. So many contradictions and there still is much left unexplained.

The resumption of the original training partnership has played out pretty much as predicted now they have obviously resolved all the reasons for the original decision.

Cullen seems happy to have been the public face when they wanted,and now seems happy to have played his role and return to his previous position.No doubt they will look after him for being so loyal.

But i'm with brodie. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes Brodster, you called it from the start at  New Year. very good. 

Well you are discussing the countries Leading stable , so what they do does have impact on feature races, having won the last few NZ cups, Interdom's and Auckland Cups that you actually lose count.

even if one would have to concede , because of that NZ harness participants are 'restricted' in what they can win.

COPY THAT the only one getting close to them now. Classie Brigade did get NZ Cup 3rd 2 years ago, so some kudos for that. At least the Brilliant JEWELS DAY allows some others to get a BIG win !!!!!

and another positive, aa Nat got her domestic issues sorted, HAYDEN CULLEN and his Missus got to play a bigger role for a short time and get some recognition (from us the general public) for their tireless fabulous, Behind the scenes work over a period that saw incredible results from the ALLSTARS stable past few years. Well done them!