Bit Of A Yarn

The Sabbatical is OVER! Cullen and Purdon to Start Anew on 1 October 2021

Chief Stipe

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Have I missed something here ?

Have Mark and/or Natalie been disqualified recently ?

No , some issues outside of harness racing. but even the best make mistakes. and even the best deserve a break . still winning during the break too. lol...  AKUTA and AMAZING DREAM raking in the dollars.

Can't keep a 'Good' team down. another NZ Cup coming up soon. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Sometimes chat does move off topic, it wasn't me who mentioned the lockdown.

Yip that is def a fair call there Mikey NZ. You did not Brods did & yes topics do sometimes move off topic.

You still haven't answered the exact same question that you fired out at me.

Why you posting at 6 ish in the morning?

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

No , some issues outside of harness racing. but even the best make mistakes. and even the best deserve a break . still winning during the break too. lol...  AKUTA and AMAZING DREAM raking in the dollars.

Can't keep a 'Good' team down. another NZ Cup coming up soon. 

That guy that used to come on here and privately message the Sheila's (sometimes inappropriately) He was adamant Nat was going for a big skate due to a case he had against her.

I was and still are convinced he was envious of the ALL Stars success and the Ranfurly Draught was taking over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

That guy that used to come on here and privately message the Sheila's (sometimes inappropriately) He was adamant Nat was going for a big skate due to a case he had against her.

I was and still are convinced he was envious of the ALL Stars success and the Ranfurly Draught was taking over.

Just the Shelia's? 

For all you know could of messaged Gamms inappropriately too!

23 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

No , some issues outside of harness racing. but even the best make mistakes

Eh?!  Aside from being no one's business whatever those issues were they were unrelated to Harness racing.

As they stated they took a sabbatical and stepped back from the pressure for a while.

Only someone like @the galah would infer otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

I was and still are convinced he was envious of the ALL Stars success

Not the only one either, You can't help but be envious of all the success and admire it too, The skill level they have obtained over decades is just through the ceiling level, and no-one can beat it. (very easily/often anyway)

You see it at Grand-slam tennis (a few select players) , rugby Union with the Allblacks , etc, the winning can get almost repititious and turn some off unfortunately,  like the Brodster watching Allstars lol.........

. But ironically you CAN STILL WIN if a punting supporter like myself, on ALLSTARS  whereas Allblacks and Tennis players too short in odds to invest on really. Getting ready for next collect. welcome home Mark !!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Eh?!  Aside from being no one's business whatever those issues were they were unrelated to Harness racing.

As they stated they took a sabbatical and stepped back from the pressure for a while.

Only someone like @the galah would infer otherwise.

Your at it again chief. Making out i said something when i haven't.Where have i said that an unresloved issue related to harness racing.

And can't you make your mind up. When you say 'asides from being no ones business whatever those issues were,they were unrelated to harness racing".If you believe it was just to take a break,why post that.Maybe you should criticise yourself,that way you have both sides covered.

Edited by the galah

7 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

I can't read people's minds so wouldn't know without an actual heads up, horses mouth kinda thing.

Neither can I, which is why I have asked you a question yet you refuse to answer.

Factually it was multiple males that brought it to my attention & of course being a recipient myself.

Hence suggested perhaps Basil got 1 too.

A lil surprised you were not on the receiving end also.

But there you go. As you say hard to read peoples minds.

Anyway gunna go watch a movie as NOT MUCH ELSE TO DO, stuck inside.

Can chat later. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then what do you mean by this statement?

Maybe you explain your comment first,because you seem to be on both sides of the argument.Seems to be the start of another merry go round.

1 minute ago, Karrotsisback said:

Neither can I, which is why I have asked you a question yet you refuse to answer.

Factually it was multiple males that brought it to my attention & of course being a recipient myself.

Hence suggested perhaps Basil got 1 too.

A lil surprised you were not on the receiving end also.

But there you go. As you say hard to read peoples minds.

Anyway gunna go watch a movie as NOT MUCH ELSE TO DO, stuck inside.

Can chat later. 

I suggest GORKY PARK. 

Both a good movie and a horse for R J Dunn

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Anyway gunna go watch a movie

Just watched this morning ............

THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS     what a magnificent film.

filmed in beautiful scenery at of NewZealand lighthouse .(Cape Campbell in Marlborough) Fabulous scenery and settings ALL THROUGH the Movie from parts of NZ and Oz.

It is set 100 years ago, and has great actors like Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikanda (his real wife, not just in the movie)

Loved it !! with BryanBrown and JackThompson and Rachel Weisz  turning up too, for the Oz input. 

Bit of a tear-jerker , Grab a box of tissues for sure !!, I'm still recovering from some bits of it. Brilliant !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Just watched this morning ............

THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS     what a magnificent film.

Loved it !! with BryanBrown and JackThompson and Rachel Weisz  turning up too, for the Oz input. 

I thought the lovely Rachel Weisz was a Pom? Geez, you Aussies will claim anyone!!🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

I thought the lovely Rachel Weisz was a Pom? Geez, you Aussies will claim anyone!

Hahha yeah lol.....a pom she is, must of thought she was an Aussie from having a star role in movie "OZ the GREAT and POWERFUL" lol.......

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:
4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

JackThompson

I starred alongside Jack in a movie made in NZ.

Directed by one of the best Mike Newell.

Movie called BAD BLOOD it seems, sounds a good BOAY, or ALLSTARS or a solid NZ Harness racing movie . (after the blood spinning goes off) lol.........

the 1981 theatre version with Jack, was about an NZ farmer who goes nuts and murders seven people . sounds gruesome. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Bad Blood was and Jack was Stanley Graham

John Bach was in it and maybe "Sticky" Glue

You got it. Stan was my Grandads cousin.

Mervyn Glue.

Carol Burns another great Australian actress (Queenslander) played Mrs Graham.

Miranda Harcourt.

Kate Harcourt.

Denis Lil.

Bruce Allpress

Martyn Sanderson

Chief Stipe

Kelly Johnson (Goodbye Pork Pie)

Mike Newell went onto to much acclaim directing Four Weddings and a Funeral, Harry Potter, Donnie Brasco, Pushing Tin, Mona Lisa Smile.  Even some episodes of Coronation Street.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

the 1981 theatre version with Jack, was about an NZ farmer who goes nuts and murders seven people . sounds gruesome. 

Yep the family held the mass murderer record until the Aramoana murders.  Still holds the record for killing the most Policemen at 4.

Stan shot my Headmasters father.  I'm absolutely positive it cost me Dux.