Bit Of A Yarn

Greymouth trotting club

Ludwig

31 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Did you get your fried chicken?

12 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Ludwig, getting a complement??  Shock, horror...I must be good more often 

Its actually called moving on. Have given you a compliment before too, so its nothing new about another good thread you started about a South topic,+ you said you are a good poster about South topics & to keep posting. Also given Ranga compliments too. Try to balance things out. Not just focus on our differences. And then move on, asap when we have had our differences. 

Yes Chief lol. So good.

Regarding my post re this thread. It is a great thread! Its encouraged a bunch of engagement from a variety of posters & should strike up a bunch of views too! Great for Chief & the site!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

This is another one for @the galah and @Gammalite

Contrary to what @Michael aka @Mikie says the local Hokitika Harness enthusiasts used to work with the Westland Racing Club to arrange harness races when the gallops were on.  They would organise sponsorship and many were harness owners so would encourage their trainers to bring horses down.  

Dad organised for his trainer Joe Hill to bring a horse down called Two Bob.  Essentially there were four races on the Saturday and four races on the Monday.  All the horses had two starts each day.   Anyway Two Bob didn't run a message on the first day in its two races.  😉

However in its first race on the second day it bolted in paying $13 to win.  Needless to say Dad and Joe had more than 2 bob on it.  They scratched from the second race and retired to the bar.

screenshot-harness.hrnz.co.nz-2021.09.23-17_15_17.png

ffs can't you get a grip Chief

I have already posted that we were talking about different eras which should have been obvious to you from my post about the TB Clubs getting permission to restart trotting races on their TB racedays

Get over it Chief, over the last 6 months you seem to be compelled to leap in and make a statement that you expect everyone to just accept because you are so much more clever than anyone else, what's up with you? You're making JJ Flash look good

My memory was crap, it paid $13 and not $9

Edited by Mikie

3 minutes ago, Mikie said:

ffs can't you get a grip Chief

I have already posted that we were talking about different eras which should have been obvious to you from my post about the TB Clubs getting permission to restart trotting races on their TB racedays

What the hell are you on or on about?  You post several posts after the post that you are now quoting!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mikie said:

My memory was crap, it paid $13 and not $9

No your memory was quite good.  I posted Sweet Billy's actual result and it paid $9.50.  AGAIN after the post you are quoting from.  

If you have a look I answered your question.  It's first race was at Alex Park and then it meandered down the North Island before ending up in the South Island.  Hence it was the only horse in the Westland Racing Club race to have already raced right handed.  Hokitika being well known as the "Ellerslie of the South"!

Lol, shite I am having withdrawal symptoms from not having Michael, Mikie or whoever he wants to go by, in my life!

Sorry, that’s right, this is the year of trying to keep away from plonkers!!

Hope you are OK Michael, you dont need to reply cos I just wont see it!

I am totally at peace with my decision to ignore your posts, as you are having trouble adjusting to things unfortunately!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

Lol, shite I am having withdrawal symptoms from not having Michael, Mikie or whoever he wants to go by, in my life!

Sorry, that’s right, this is the year of trying to keep away from plonkers!!

Hope you are OK Michael, you dont need to reply cos I just wont see it!

I am totally at peace with my decision to ignore your posts, as you are having trouble adjusting to things unfortunately!

You're lying Brodie, you read my posts

I know it

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

You're lying Brodie, you read my posts

I know it

Incorrect!!!

I have blocked being able to see Michael’s posts!!!!!

Ahhhh the joy!,

Must be very frustrating for you Michael?

By the way Michael, Mikie etc. what useful things are you doing at the moment?

Edited by Brodie

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

By the way Michael, Mikie etc. what useful things are you doing at the moment?

Hey Brods,

Thread has moved off topic here. Getting quite personal. But do get your frustration re Poster M coming at you a bit lately. 

Know the answer to your question & as its positive will add.

Poster M is working in industry in North & in a productive - helpful role. Think prob even an essential worker.

Hope that helps.

Poster M can correct me if Im wrong.

3 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Hey Brods,

Thread has moved off topic here. Getting quite personal. But do get your frustration re Poster M coming at you a bit lately. 

Poster M is working in industry in North & in a productive - helpful role. Think prob even an essential worker.

Hope that helps.

Na Michael hasnt been personal to Brodie as havent been reading anything he may have posted as I blocked him!

With respect, I only started posting personal stuff after he became a plonker by posting crap!

He was clearly getting something ojt of it being a smart arse but it was not exactly clever!

18 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Hey Brods,

Hope that helps.

What he has moved from Chrstchurch?

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So what does it have to do with the Greymouth Trotting Club?

Nothing which again as per my post had said - Ill repost here what I said. Not going to post again on this thread.

"Hey Brods,

Hope that helps.

Poster M can correct me if Im wrong".

Edited by Karrotsisback

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Question:  Which horse was the best to have ever raced at Victoria Park, Greymouth?  

My choice is Arapaho.

Nz Cup, Nz FFA and Akld cup winning mare Armalight would run rings around Arapaho.

She began her career at Westport (then Nelson). Isn't that same as Greymouth? nearly.... 

DSC02411.JPG

• Haha 1

Just now, Gammalite said:

Nz Cup, Nz FFA and Akld cup winning mare Armalight would run rings around Arapaho.

She began her career at Westport (then Nelson). Isn't that same as Greymouth? nearly....

Wash your mouth out!!!!

No where near the West Coast!!!!  As it is we Coasters draw a distinction between Buller, Grey and Westland.  @Reefton is in no man's land.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Right next door !!! lol.....  Armalight could of jogged down in the sulky for a wee bit of excercise ?? ........

Yeah tell that to Bay Foyle!

Anyway a decade between Aramalight and Arapaho.

Arapaho broke the World Record in the  Dunedin Festival Cup. He ran the 11 furlongs (2212m) from a standing start in 2:48 3/5, a mile rate of 2:02 3/5.  At Forbury of all places!!! This clipped 1 3/5 off the world record set by Johnny Globe, in 1955.  A record that had stood for nearly 20 years.  The current record is only 8 seconds faster!