Bit Of A Yarn

Take 3 - Road to the Cup - RACE TALK ONLY PLEASE

Lets talk racing.

Atm all the rage is about South Coast Arden. There' s currently an article on HRNZ that has confirmed N Ras to be driver & Mango trainer for Cup day.

Currently South Coast Arden is in CHC & trainer Mango in AKL.

Apparently there is a rule IF horse is NOT visited ONCE within a certain timeframe by official trainer then it HAS to be transferred to a different trainer, not just have a caretaker.

The horse was trialing on the 22 Sept, so was down there prior that, which would put it over 7 weeks down there. But prob within 8 weeks.

Can anyone confirm does this rule exist? IF so, what's the visit timeframe 6 weeks, 7 weeks or 8 weeks?

IF there is such a rule hopefully for Mangos sake it's 8 weeks. And IF it is UNDER hopefully Auckland border opens prior 10 Nov … because there can be no pretending that (a visit) happened with the lockdowns that have taken place.

Edited by Karrotsisback

Karrots,  with respect, there arent really too many people interested in the NZ Cup this year, so you wont get much interest.

There is not going to be patrons oncourse so it is a bit of a yawn really.

Great that you are trying to get people enthused with Cup Day but you are pushing it uphill, as there are far more important things happening to NZ and Australia.

Although it isnt going to lineup due to injury, who couldve possibly thought that Copperhead Rose wouldve ever started in a NZ Cup?????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Karrots, why is a reality post, a Bad Post?

You are living in la la land, if you are more focussed on a race meeting being important for NZ at the moment, the way things are!

Anyway, leave you to your excitement!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

14 minutes ago, Robalan said:

Youb are correct about the rule Karrots

Many thanks Robalan for your input. Do you or anyone know the specific timeframe, is it 6 weeks or is it 8 weeks?

If I was in Mangos position I would want to hold onto be the official trainer. And hope that due to these Covid times they rule could be given an exception. Most owners are Purdon too.

So could be potentially a storm brewing ... 

80S Vhs GIF

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Karrots, why is a reality post, a Bad Post?

You are living in la la land, if you are more focussed on a race meeting being important for NZ at the moment, the way things are!

Anyway, leave you to your excitement!

Sorry I took it away, didn't read your post properly then went back and read it, thought you didn't post on Cup, but you did so all good. Ill go back and give you a like for posting on the Cup 👍

Sorry Too Late GIF by Denyse®

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 2

The latest official rankings for Cup has Triple 8 in 8th spot. BUT an interview watched said he is NOT going to go. He was only entered as a back up incase Interdoms didn’t happen. Which look like they are happening, therefore he will be most likely withdrawn trainer said.

Same show & notice this C Ferguson who was interviewed, who should of been on Hot list. Due to Covid, making special exceptions in this time -  A 1 off exception has been granted - for 1 male & 1 female to go on list 2021 even after closing date. 

Added to BOAY hot list J Herbert & C Ferguson.

Still awaiting an official update re 6-7 or 8 weeks from anyone in the know. Iv been told 6 weeks, but that was a “I think”. Should it be indeed 6 weeks may need to start to mobilise TEAM OTHERS in which Di Caprio will be part of. (Honest J - Team Others along with Hot list is just a bit of fun) 😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

does karrots make the list? lol

Lol. Thought just after had posted that opps off topic, but most of post was on topic. But to topic. Here is a reminder of our BOAY Pace list & Dominion Ranks - going into Spring Cup where these lists could change. 

Pacers

1st = South Coast Arden  + (wildcard Amazing Dream after impressive Oz win)

2nd Pembroke Playboy

3rd Self Assured

4th Classie B

5th Robyns Playboy

6th Kango

Trotters

1st = Sundees Son + Mataderos (wildcard after impressive win)

2nd Chief of Staff

3rd Midnight Dash

4th Woodstone

5th Majestic Man

6th The Dominator

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Still awaiting an official update re 6-7 or 8 weeks from anyone in the know. Iv been told 6 weeks, but that was a “I think”. 

Had info from Poster M. He has looked it up & passed this on. So posting to update.

"That at some time in the past it has been altered & is now 12 consecutive weeks".

Ok so that is good re Mango. No Team Others need to be mobilised. 

For Spring Cup Ill be rooting for Bad to the Bone to win over Copy That. 

Trotters

1st = Sundees Son + Mataderos (wildcard after impressive win)

2nd Chief of Staff

3rd Midnight Dash

4th Woodstone

5th Majestic Man

6th The Dominator

Any sign of MUSCLE MOUNTAIN returning soon? or has he gone abroad?

Won that Group 1 at Addington, beating Sundees Son at Easter (also 2nd in jewels to Bolt for Brilliance too so is pretty smart)

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 9:40 AM, Brodie said:

Karrots,  with respect, there arent really too many people interested in the NZ Cup this year, so you wont get much interest.

There is not going to be patrons oncourse so it is a bit of a yawn really.

Great that you are trying to get people enthused with Cup Day but you are pushing it uphill, as there are far more important things happening to NZ and Australia.

Although it isnt going to lineup due to injury, who couldve possibly thought that Copperhead Rose wouldve ever started in a NZ Cup?????

Copperhead Rose had zero chance of winning the Cup, why the story was ever written I don't know! 

I disagree with you mate. Plenty are interested in the NZ Trotting Cup this year. I am and I know others that are.

Good on Karrots for being enthusiastic about the Cup. Yes, the country has many problems but the NZ Cup is important. I expect the country will still be in lockdown in November so it will be a different Cup Day than usual but I am looking forward to the meeting.

On present form either Southcoast Ardern or last years winner Self Assured will win the 2021 Cup. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

39 minutes ago, Davis said:

I disagree with you mate. Plenty are interested in the NZ Trotting Cup this year. I am and I know others that are.

Good on Karrots for being enthusiastic about the Cup. Yes, the country has many problems but the NZ Cup is important.

I am looking forward to the meeting.

On present form either Southcoast Ardern or last years winner Self Assured will win the 2021 Cup. 

With interest in the Cup we have some selections already rolling in with approx 1 month to go.

Newmarket - is looking forward to the Cup he said so awaiting his selections.

Poster M - has given me his thoughts, Sundees Son & Self Assured.

Honest J - another who loves to head to mates for the big day & will be on Di Caprio.

Robalan - has made selections Self Assured & Bolt for Brilliance.

Davis - picks Southcoast Ardern or last years winner Self Assured.

Myself - want to be on the horse in trail. Need to wait closer to the time to figure out which horse this will be. 

Gamms is maybe hinting at Muscle Mountain being his selection ... 

Roman quite likes Pembroke Playboy

Enteebee no doubt will be on Majestic Man Dominion

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, Karrotsisback said:

Gamms is maybe hinting at Muscle Mountain being his selection ...

After last years scintillating wins in fast times>>>> SELF ASSURED for the Cup , and SUNDEES SON for the Dominion seem 'Past the Post ' propositions to me. both won very easily then.

I commented previously about the need to keep those races as Handicaps , to give the opposition some hope, but being Free-For-All Stands ??. well Self Assured and Sundees Son will both have 10m on the fields?? 

Also 'Team driving ' will help them too. SUNDEES SON getting a dream passage in the Dominion last year, with a 'suicide drive' by Tim Williams on 'PRES THE BELLE'  the Dunn stablemate. (she was never the same again after)

Tim driving Ashley Locaz to help Mark with an 'easy lead' in the Cup too, for the Allstars camp. Very astute team driver is Mr Williams !!!!!!!!  The Consummate Professional !!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Copperhead Rose had zero chance of winning the Cup, why the story was ever written I don't know! 

Good on Karrots for being enthusiastic about the Cup. Yes, the country has many problems but the NZ Cup is important. I expect the country will still be in lockdown in November so it will be a different Cup Day than usual but I am looking forward to the meeting.

I too agree with you, I look forward to it every year, when I was in the work force I organised sweepstakes, been to a few but always watch since I was about 15. 

Good money to be  had if you’re on the right horse. Horses that have been kind to me, Kyms girl,monkey king, yulester, 

hj

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

and SUNDEES SON for the Dominion

With interest in the Cup we have some selections already rolling in with approx 1 month to go.

Forgot to mention Hunter on Team Dunn. So have him down for Sundees Son/Mataderos & Classic B/Henry H.

Here We Go Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davis said:

Fair enough Davis, if people want to be excited about Cup Day at home.

It is going to cost the industry heaps and must affect the industry coffers going forward.

Just wont be that great with only a small number on course and business get togethers aint happening this year.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

It is going to cost the industry heaps and must affect the industry coffers going forward.

Just wont be that great with only a small number on course and business get togethers aint happening this year.

Young fella even I am getting excited about the cup. It is great that Addington have invited Members along tonight - which I am going along to. I imagine you would be a Member there being such a loyal trotting man. Come up to me and say hi - I am the old bugger with the stick. Hunter will be there for sure . Better go my ride has arrived. By the way get some of those "Happy Pills" and you will be a lot brighter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Cup day as I’ve mentioned, I’ll Uber to a mates at 11 to be greeted with whitebait and bubbles,  he gets caterers in club Sammie’s every few hrs along with saucy rolls crayfish and Paula patties. 6 o clock he does a hot ham on the bone with a bourbon glaze, it’s heavenly. Slices in bread.  A bit of tomfoolery along the way, I’m really looking forward to it.

hj

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

Cup day as I’ve mentioned, I’ll Uber to a mates at 11 to be greeted with whitebait and bubbles,  he gets caterers in club Sammie’s every few hrs along with saucy rolls crayfish and Paula patties. 6 o clock he does a hot ham on the bone with a bourbon glaze, it’s heavenly. Slices in bread.  A bit of tomfoolery along the way, I’m really looking forward to it.

hj

Ah can't beat white gold, best from the westcoast, eyes the best  part, as they see you through the week.

• Like 3