Bit Of A Yarn

Take 3 - Road to the Cup - RACE TALK ONLY PLEASE

17 minutes ago, Shad said:

Ah can't beat white gold, best from the westcoast, eyes the best  part, as they see you through the week.

This stuff is from paringa the best the coast has, he buys it 60kg. Has done for years. Crays  from Kaikoura

hj

Edited by Honestjohn
Sp
  • Champ Post 1

40 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

Cup day as I’ve mentioned, I’ll Uber to a mates at 11 to be greeted with whitebait and bubbles,  he gets caterers in club Sammie’s every few hrs along with saucy rolls crayfish and Paula patties. 6 o clock he does a hot ham on the bone with a bourbon glaze, it’s heavenly. Slices in bread.  A bit of tomfoolery along the way, I’m really looking forward to it.

NZ Cup day nom noms 🤗 Now with your Bubbles with Strawberries - if you have 1 too many & start posting. We have been given pre-warning, so issuing hall pass for posting for Honest J - NZ Cup day special. 

58 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Young fella even I am getting excited about the cup.

Will be expecting some selections rolling in then Jakh at some stage prior. Enjoy your evening tonight at races. 

Re Spring Cup tomorrow Copy That is red hot fav $1.60 fav. A lil surprised as surely if Bad to the Bone steps & leads be hard to roll ... no idea what B2Bone stand starts are like ... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Fair enough Davis, if people want to be excited about Cup Day at home.

It is going to cost the industry heaps and must affect the industry coffers going forward.

Just wont be that great with only a small number on course and business get togethers aint happening this year.

It will cost Addington heaps because I suspect that they make most of their money from the drunks and fashion show pony nobodies that attend the NZ Cup Day these days. On course turnover will be down. Off course turnover will increase I am sure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAKH said:

Young fella even I am getting excited about the cup. It is great that Addington have invited Members along tonight - which I am going along to. I imagine you would be a Member there being such a loyal trotting man. Come up to me and say hi - I am the old bugger with the stick. Hunter will be there for sure . Better go my ride has arrived. By the way get some of those "Happy Pills" and you will be a lot brighter.

hi rangatira

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Fair enough Davis, if people want to be excited about Cup Day at home.

Just wont be that great with only a small number on course and business get togethers aint happening this year.

Me and the Tribe will start with Breakfast n Bubbles at my son's. Usually we would split up based on age and interest in betting. I am expecting way less young ones this year but that won't affect the clubs turnover.

The oldies will be interested in the racing and will be betting for sure. Unsure where at this stage.

Show Day will BBQ, Beers and Betting at mine.

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I am sure they will have you Karrots.

Not sure what your issues are with discussing issues that are affecting racing?

Tell you what Karrots.

You keep posting on BOAY here, and I will stop posting again for a few weeks as that seems fair enough, doesnt it??

I hope you accept this offer as I want to read what you want to post on harness!

Just start another Topic and stop hijacking threads.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Just start another Topic and stop hijacking threads.

It’s all good Chief.
I will take another enforced break and allow Karrots to post as many harness topics as she likes.

Not a worry here, I will keep reading all posts but wont post again for a few weeks.

Keep up the good work, Chief!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

It’s all good Chief.
I will take another enforced break and allow Karrots to post as many harness topics as she likes.

Not a worry here, I will keep reading all posts but wont post again for a few weeks.

That's disappointing. It's a robust forum with good flow on debates and shouldn't be dictated to by any one person.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JAKH said:

Young fella even I am getting excited about the cup. It is great that Addington have invited Members along tonight - which I am going along to. I imagine you would be a Member there being such a loyal trotting man. Come up to me and say hi - I am the old bugger with the stick. Hunter will be there for sure . Better go my ride has arrived. By the way get some of those "Happy Pills" and you will be a lot brighter.

lol hunter  has not had his shot bro so can not go

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

That's disappointing. It's a robust forum with good flow on debates and shouldn't be dictated to by any one person.

You are such an effing idiot. There are approx 10 other threads for people to post on that others have started recently. Barely dictated by 1 poster.

Wont say anything more regarding this.

Jakh, With A Dream, Poster M, Spatchcock, myself get it among possible others for starters.

Never asked you to stop posting Brodie.  You know that is not the point here. Whether you admit it or not.

Thank you tho for some type of recognition. Will sleep on it, but feel like this site is no longer for me. 

Thank you Chief for removing those posts away from this thread.

• Like 3
  • Bad Post 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

It’s all good Chief.

Enjoy your break mate and keep looking for value!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

You are such an effing idiot. There are approx 10 other threads for people to post on that others have started recently. Barely dictated by 1 poster.

Wont say anything more regarding this.

Jakh, With A Dream, Poster M, Spatchcock, myself get it among possible others for starters.

Never asked you to stop posting Brodie.  You know that is not the point here. Whether you admit it or not.

Thank you tho for some type of recognition. Will sleep on it, but feel like this site is no longer for me. 

Thank you Chief for removing those posts away from this thread.

Oh thank you chief!!  

Cup day and show will be worth watching but I much prefer Ashburton on the Thursday for punting.  

Cup day and show day are good for the punt for getting more on Brodie! With more liquidity in the pools you can usually get a few thousand on fixed close to start time even on the $10 shots without the TAB batting an eyelid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

Cup day and show will be worth watching but I much prefer Ashburton on the Thursday for punting.  

Cup day and show day are good for the punt for getting more on Brodie! With more liquidity in the pools you can usually get a few thousand on fixed close to start time even on the $10 shots without the TAB batting an eyelid.

You are right.

But not for The Brodster. He is on the shortest of leashes all 52 weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nowornever said:

I made plenty last year on Cup Day, hopefully a repeat performance this year!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...