Bit Of A Yarn

McGrath withdraws application.

Chief Stipe

21 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS breaking in yearlings is hardly "training again"!  What it highlights to me is how insular and bitchy the industry has become.  Turning in on itself.  Geez Ozzie Thoroughbred Racing is so much more fun, robust and refreshing.

Do , or should I say WOULD,  you approve of Darren Weir (currently doing 4 years DQ for Jigger-gate) a Very prominant Ozzie thoroughbred trainer over-seeing yearling breaking while on 4 years holiday? I think most would Not approve of such a thing happening. 

• Bad Post 2

32 minutes ago, Brodie said:

if anyone at HRNZ are still wearing masks then they deserve the “Don’t come Monday”

Only total Dickheads wear masks now and if their thought process is that masks protect them from catching the “Deadly Covid” then they have nothing between the ears!

It is now a know fact that being jabbed is bad fir your health and Pfizer has admitted it never stopped transmission, that is the repugnant thing about the BS we have had for well over 2 years!!

You are either disqualified or you arent and the stupid decisions are continuing to  made!

Whether anyone wants to wear a mask is a matter of choice .Peoples health is something unique to them.  

Just as you believed people should respect everyones right to make their own choices as to whether they get vaccinated or not,the same principal applies to wearing a mask wouldn't it.You can't argue both sides of the argument.Peoples choice to wear a mask should be respected.It has nothing to do with their work.

On 23/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Van Beynen has taken a bit of literary license with his statement that McGrath was caught "red-handed".  The charge sheet doesn't read like that.

Arguably the "star witness" in McGrath's case was under duress and unreliable.  A method that ex-Detective Grimstone has used before.  In a criminal court the charges would have been on shaky ground.

Bro your refusal to accept anyone ever does anything wrong is quite disconcerting. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder with authority figures. That is clear nd evident.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

what pathway should he take Dave? your stipe friend what pathway is he thinking?

Who's dave? I have no stipe friends.

Personally i think its ok if in the future he were to be granted permission to break in horses prior to his disqualification ending.As long as there was proper oversight to ensure thats all it was. I'm sure he would be compliant with any provisions as related to that.Just a bit soon at the moment. Thats my opinion. You probably have more idea of how he would do it without being seen to be given any favors. 

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Whether anyone wants to wear a mask is a matter of choice .Peoples health is something unique to them.  

Just as you believed people should respect everyones right to make their own choices as to whether they get vaccinated or not,the same principal applies to wearing a mask wouldn't it.You can't argue both sides of the argument.Peoples choice to wear a mask should be respected.It has nothing to do with their work.

Yes it is a choice Galah whether they wear a mask still or not!

That does not alter the fact that they are Dickheads if they are still wearing them!

Sorry but how could any respect someone who continues to wear a mask when it has no benefit whatsoever and quite the opposite.

If you are worried about catching stuff still you are always going to always wear one, as viruses are always going to be with us!

They are doing more damage to their lungs than catching a mild virus that has been grossly over done.

2 hours ago, Spatchcock said:

Bro your refusal to accept anyone ever does anything wrong is quite disconcerting. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder with authority figures. That is clear nd evident.

Completely wrong.  I do accept people do wrong.  I just don't do the over the top denigration and abuse that many of you aim at those that have done wrong. 

I don't have a problem with authority figures but I do have a problem with those that abuse their position of power.  I put Neil Grimstone in that category.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Who's dave? I have no stipe friends.

Personally i think its ok if in the future he were to be granted permission to break in horses prior to his disqualification ending.As long as there was proper oversight to ensure thats all it was. I'm sure he would be compliant with any provisions as related to that.Just a bit soon at the moment. Thats my opinion. You probably have more idea of how he would do it without being seen to be given any favors. 

I try fined the post that says your friend was a stipe . gaff

8 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Do , or should I say WOULD,  you approve of Darren Weir (currently doing 4 years DQ for Jigger-gate) a Very prominant Ozzie thoroughbred trainer over-seeing yearling breaking while on 4 years holiday? I think most would Not approve of such a thing happening.

Hey HunterPunter and your shadow Lowner, why don't you answer this question above then ? instead of just both being rude and disrespectful by down-voting my question to Chief Stipe ? . 

It is a relevant question about the involvement in horse-breaking by disqualified persons as was the topic in this thread. 

Your silly downvotes do Not indicate whether you would approve a disgraced trainer having involvement in horse breaking or not. Just a bit of disrespect to site posters more important?? 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

14 hours ago, Gammalite said:

If it was allowed within the rules then I have no problem.  My understanding is in NZ you don't need to be licensed to break in a Thoroughbred horse.  So perhaps Weir could get a job here?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Hey HunterPunter and your shadow Lowner, why don't you answer this question above then ? instead of just both being rude and disrespectful by down-voting my question to Chief Stipe ? . 

It is a relevant question about the involvement in horse-breaking by disqualified persons as was the topic in this thread. 

Your silly downvotes do Not indicate whether you would approve a disgraced trainer having involvement in horse breaking or not. Just a bit of disrespect to site posters more important?? 

Don't sweat it G — Long Owner and HTP can't help themselves. Like Chief, they truly and sincerely (if irrationally and counter-factually) believe no trainer and driver has ever been guilty of anything more than pocketing the odd sausage roll at a Sunday gymkhana. They're like union officials for harness.

In this particular case, Chief is right that much of the reaction to a limited involvement for McGrath has been hysterical and OTT, but most of the time he's just in denial (as are the other two).

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Basil said:

Don't sweat it G — Long Owner and HTP can't help themselves. Like Chief, they truly and sincerely (if irrationally and counter-factually) believe no trainer and driver has ever been guilty of anything more than pocketing the odd sausage roll at a Sunday gymkhana. They're like union officials for harness.

In this particular case, Chief is right that much of the reaction to a limited involvement for McGrath has been hysterical and OTT, but most of the time he's just in denial (as are the other two).

Absolute Bullshit. I'm not in denial.  My focus is not on the individuals that may or may not be proven guilty by the process/system but on the process/system itself.  Plus the incompetency of those running the process/system.

INCA will go down as the event that bought Harness Racing to its knees in NZ.  Not because it caught anyone, because it didn't, but for what it did to the culture and public perception of the sport.

Basil - that is the source of the OTT reactions and you are in denial if you don't recognise that.

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If it was allowed within the rules then I have no problem.  My understanding is in NZ you don't need to be licensed to break in a Thoroughbred horse.  So perhaps Weir could get a job here?

Think he has less than a year DQ to go now. I'm sure Weir will be back having a go. Moody recovered well , and Danny O'Brien went on to win Melbourne Cup coming back from their DQ's.

The problem for Nigel McGrath is he got a very long sentence. (to try and stamp out the old milkshaking thing for good I suspect) The usual sentence in Australia is/was 3 years for exceeded Bi-carb levels . Nigel would be back in licensed next Winter or so if trained in Oz.

19 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I would approve Darren Weir breaking in horses no problem. In fact in my opinion, Darren Weir's case was a witch hunt and travesty of justice in getting 4yrs. The man was persecuted by Victorian race officials. Victoria has a bad reputation for witch hunts, look at what they did to Cardinal George Pell. Corrupt State run by a tyrant named Daniel Andrews, killer of thousands of rest home victims. Darren Weir was guilty of coming from the wrong side of the tracks and being successful.

• Like 1