Bit Of A Yarn

why don't we focus more on the positives

On 31/05/2023 at 8:07 PM, Unhinged said:

The Unhinged one is always looking for a new angle but pretty time short, if you have any leads on a good yarn throw me a text 027 328 2206. As for HRNZ not at least linking their story's to my interviews makes no sense but on the positive side my Facebook site is getting a bigger following by the week . The top post seems to be the Saturday beach report , two week's ago the video hit 23,000 views.

I always thoroughly enjoy your productions.

Earlier today the chief posted some barry white music on the thread about barry white. Got me thinking, thats the type of thing mr unhinged may do on some of his productions.

I've no idea whether its practical.or whether you have the appropriate software or whether its too complicated to register to get access to use music clips,or if it costs anything or if you have the time.

But having said all that,you produce stuff that would go well to music,e.g.those beach reports you do are great as they are,but also seem ideal to have a bit of nice music placed on the end part of them for a minute or two.

So many great songs that would be ideal for them. As i said,maybe too complicated to do,but my 2 cents worth as to some good tracks if you ever did add music.  Songs that come to mind like, one of these mornings(patti labelle),wildfire(michael murphy),somewhere over the rainbow(israel kamakawiwo'ole),slave to love(bryan ferry,)don't dream its over(crowded house),song for guy (elton john).  Or you could go the themed type ones like say the one on sam ottley you did,you could do a second one exactly the same,and play Without a woman(zucchero and paul young).

Some of the clips on facebook that appear to get so many views,your stuff would be better.then again sometimes i think maybe i should keep my ideas to myself. Who knows.  

Edited by the galah

51 minutes ago, the galah said:

Earlier today the chief posted some barry white music on the thread about barry white. Got me thinking, thats the type of thing mr unhinged may do on some of his productions.

I've no idea whether its practical.or whether you have the appropriate software or whether its too complicated to register to get access to use music clips,or if it costs anything or if you have the time.

But having said all that,you produce stuff that would go well to music,e.g.those beach reports you do are great as they are,but also seem ideal to have a bit of nice music placed on the end part of them for a minute or two.

So many great songs that would be ideal for them. As i said,maybe too complicated to do,but my 2 cents worth as to some good tracks if you ever did add music.  Songs that come to mind like, one of these mornings(patti labelle),wildfire(michael murphy),somewhere over the rainbow(israel kamakawiwo'ole),slave to love(bryan ferry,)don't dream its over(crowded house),song for guy (elton john).  Or you could go the themed type ones like say the one on sam ottley you did,you could do a second one exactly the same,and play Without a woman(zucchero and paul young).

Some of the clips on facebook that appear to get so many views,your stuff would be better.then again sometimes i think maybe i should keep my ideas to myself. Who 

The Samsung phone I use does have some background music I can put on for nothing but it's pretty average.  I'm not sure on the rules around putting anything mainstream on there , will have to find out , if anyone else knows drop a comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unhinged said:

The Samsung phone I use does have some background music I can put on for nothing but it's pretty average.  I'm not sure on the rules around putting anything mainstream on there , will have to find out , if anyone else knows drop a comment. 

Another thiought.You mention yarns.At one point you interviewed  paul gallagher.I enjoyed that one. If you ever see him again ask him about him training a horse that was first past the post with its cover still on. Thats a good yarn. He used to have the photo of it they published in the paper at the time. 

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Should get that fired up at BOAY.

The theme to 'Star Wars' starts playing when The Galah appears. The "Rocky' theme for Gamma , The 'Grease' theme for Ranga,  'footloose'  for the Chief

and of course the 'Jaws ' soundtrack starts up when the Brodster is about 😉.......  duuuun  dun  -duuuun dun - duuuun dun dun dun dun dun dun 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

and you lived up the road from him

Sherlock still on the case paleface. He hasn't closed the case yet.I just got to know paul at one stage,he has his own unique style of holding a conversation but i think a knowledgeable man when talking about horses. He must be getting on a bit now.I think hes moved into town these days,not that i come form there..

Edited by the galah

8 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Templar

Dundas

Stortford Lodge

Samson

Another paul. One thing i remember about the ted lowe trained,paul young driven horses. They always seemed to want to go as soon as they got on the track. They certainly had some good ones. A successful partnership.

From memory they published ted lowes  obituary in one of the papers one day,then the next day apoligised because he was still alive,then the next day he was dead. I wonder if he ever read his own obituary and wonder what he thought of it if he did.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

Another paul. One thing i remember about the ted lowe trained,paul young driven horses. They always seemed to want to go as soon as they got on the track. They certainly had some good ones. A successful partnership.

From memory they published ted lowes  obituary in one of the papers one day,then the next day apoligised because he was still alive,then the next day he was dead. I wonder if he ever read his own obituary and wonder what he thought of it if he did.

I remember Ted well.  Stayed at his place a couple of times with Dad's horses.

Ted also trained:

Wag

Humphrey 

Cairnbrae (owned by Ted but trained by Ces Donald)

Tinwald 

Staveley

Grouse

Fri

Wing Commander

He gave Single Girl to Brian and George Hill which if memory serves me right was the dam of two good horses Single Lord and the trotter Mcshane.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ted also trained:

Wag

Humphrey 

Tinwald 

Staveley

Grouse

Fri

Wing Commander

He gave Single Girl to Brian and George Hill which if memory serves me right was the dam of two good horses Single Lord and the trotter Mcshane.

I got a nice collect off a horse ted trained called Randall one day at Methven when it won. I was privy to one of Ian Camerons earlier in the day that had won and paid plenty and I put most of the winnings on to Randall in the main race of the day as we got word that horse was working the house down. One of my better days on the punt at Methven.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I got a nice collect off a horse ted trained called Randall one day at Methven when it won. I was privy to one of Ian Camerons earlier in the day that had won and paid plenty and I put most of the winnings on to Randall in the main race of the day as we got word that horse was working the house down. One of my better days on the punt at Methven.

Also won at Nelson beating Ian Cameron trained Rapaki Lass

Pasty Marie and Joy Boy out of the placings that day

1 hour ago, the galah said:

How did Paul go after Ted passed on ? Go Training himself ?

Dundas made the Interdominion Grand Final at Auckland for Ted , which was won by Gammalite, but Dundas was driven by CJ De Filippi in that race and battled into 8th . Not sure where Paul was?. The champion winner might of been to fearsome and had to wait for something easier . 😄😁

DSC02988.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:18 PM, the galah said:

From memory they published ted lowes  obituary in one of the papers one day,then the next day apoligised because he was still alive,then the next day he was dead. I wonder if he ever read his own obituary and wonder what he thought of it

I think Ted said something along the lines of "Is that all they could write?"

Needless to say, a little while later the obituary was embellished.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2023 at 5:21 PM, the galah said:

Some of the clips on facebook that appear to get so many views,your stuff would be better.then again sometimes i think maybe i should keep my ideas to myself. Who knows.  

Just put up a reel ,1 minute video , not sure if it's the phone or Facebook that let's me do a up to 1 minute highlights reel but can put their pipe music on that, see what you think.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Unhinged said:

Just put up a reel ,1 minute video , not sure if it's the phone or Facebook that let's me do a up to 1 minute highlights reel but can put their pipe music on that, see what you think.

Great video mate . The horses look magnificent on the beach.

The elevator/ department store music theme Not quite capturing the Power of the Situation. 

Perhaps try the 'William Tell Overture' music accompaniment  ? used to be brilliant at Alexandra Park for years when going along as a youngster as the horses left birdcage to step out on the track. That'll get em rockin ....

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, Gammalite said:

How did Paul go after Ted passed on ? Go Training himself ?

Dundas made the Interdominion Grand Final at Auckland for Ted , which was won by Gammalite, but Dundas was driven by CJ De Filippi in that race and battled into 8th . Not sure where Paul was?. The champion winner might of been to fearsome and had to wait for something easier . 😄😁

DSC02988.JPG

how is A L T LOWES DRIVING GOING

21 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

how is A L T LOWES DRIVING GOING

Alistair Lloyd Thomas Lowe  (relative of Ted's is he ? ) 

Not sighted since 2019 .  Driving before that from period 2010 -2019   ,  approxiamitely 200 drives for 2 wins only on a trotter in 2011 season. 

and Training for Alistair Lowe,  in that same time-frame >>>>  200 odd starters for those 2 wins in 2011 and one more win in 2016 when someone drove a trotter to win for him that season.   

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Alistair Lloyd Thomas Lowe  (relative of Ted's is he ? ) 

Not sighted since 2019 .  Driving before that from period 2010 -2019   ,  approxiamitely 200 drives for 2 wins only on a trotter in 2011 season. 

and Training for Alistair Lowe,  in that same time-frame >>>>  200 odd starters for those 2 wins in 2011 and one more win in 2016 when someone drove a trotter to win for him that season.   

stipes banned him for driving four wide when the field were in single file one night at forbury park

• Haha 2

On 6/26/2023 at 8:45 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Ted also trained:

Wag

Humphrey 

Tinwald 

Staveley

Grouse

Fri

Wing Commander

Always remember Ted Lowe and Paul Young on their trips to Nelson. I would always include Staveley in the two mile race of the day on the grass. By Scottish Hanover who produced many top horses including Final Curtain and Roydon Scott etc. 

Wing Commander was a decent animal. If memory serves he had his first run and win at Nelson.

Single Lord was probably the best horse to come out of Nelson. Made it to Cup class in the mid 70's and was then exported. McShane as you say Chief was also out of Single Girl. Probably the best trotter I'm aware of to come out of Nelson. Named after McShane Road not far from the Richmond Racecourse, McShane won a heat of the Inter Doms and was also exported. 

What was one of your dads horses Chief? Growing up in Nelson I was familiar with most local horses, especially ones that saluted on the grass at Richmond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Ted was loyal to Paul Young, average driver at best

Must have just been having a good day when I backed him Newmarket. I always thought he was a decent enough driver but perhaps my memory was bias via my pocket on his good days.