• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• There are owners on different agenda's . Of course the big owners are prepared to pay up for yearlings and then race them from the Big stables . Dean Shannon a prime example lately. Merv Butterworth racing 'Copy That' and 'Arden Rooney' could of just used Aussie trainer at home , also the Fiess  lady of Mark Purdon , but they are rich enough to support the NZ harness scene and Pay up for the slot races, etc. and enjoy the BIG Glory they strive for.  There's a good way forward being taken on board in NZ. real progress with those events past 3 years (slot trot and Pace). The racing has improved to go with it. And indeed you still have the Aussie raiders there tonight to have another go a few weeks later . excellent stuff. real progress !!!  multi millionaire Kevin Seymour (Leap to Fame owner) and Brissy local the amazing Chris Garrard , and Dean Shannon have poured heaps(millions) into the local QLD harness scene , and now the Nz scene,  and they deserve every incentive and reward going as far as I'm concerned. many winners for them is greeeat. If we relied on your 'bloke with 2 jobs to race half a horse' the game would of collapsed in NZ and some states here in Oz long long ago too. that's just the dreamers mate.    Manawatu nearly closed? like Wellington did, and Dunedin . Manawatu possibly saved by Michael House and Doody? . No Big trainers or owners or good 'Group class' horses there mate. So no interest either from most. Brodie and I are very keen harness racing supporters but wouldn't get too enthused over Manawatu (or Redcliffe to be fair 😅) and therefore it's just those BIG KEEN owners like Seymour , Boots, Butterworth, and Shannon and those millionaires that 'Keep It All Running ' at the main tracks. Bless them heartily I say.   
    • Fair enough if you are back punting due to Promos and App! Not sure what Promo’s are attracting you and what is positive about the App? Personally not seeing many positives at all for punters or the industry medium term?
    • What Casterton Cup Day Where Casterton Racecourse – 119 Racecourse Rd, Casterton VIC 3311 When Sunday, May 19, 2024 First Race 11:35pm AEST Visit Dabble The Casterton Racing Club will host its marquee race day this Sunday afternoon as the $50,000 Casterton Cup headlines a nine-race program. With the track rated as a Soft 5 and the club announcing it will water the surface more over the weekend, it is expected to remain in that range. The rail will be in its true position for the entire circuit, with the opening race of Casterton Cup Day scheduled to jump at 11:55am AEST. Casterton Cup Tip: Thunder Point Thunder Point was last seen at the Warrnambool Racing Carnival, where the Symon Wilde-trained gelding raced twice within three days and was unlucky not to win in his most recent start over 1700m. The son of Host had to carry 62.5kg on speed and was just beaten by The Creator after his rivals received a much more economical run. Although Thunder Point steps up to 2000m for the first time, he drops 7kg and should go close in the 2024 Casterton Cup. Casterton Cup Race 8 – #9 Thunder Point (8) 6yo Gelding | T: Symon Wilde | J: Dean Yendall (55.5kg) Bet with Bet365 Best Bet at Casterton: Tom Foolery Tom Foolery heads to Casterton after an impressive display at the Warrnambool May Racing Carnival. The John Leek Jnr-trained jumper careered away from his rivals over 3450m to record a four-length win before running an impressive third in the Grand Annual Steeplechase over 5500m the next day. With Will Gordon back into the saddle, Tom Foolery just needs to get around safely and he will prove extremely hard to beat. Best Bet Race 5 – #4 Tom Foolery (7) 5yo Gelding | T: John Leek Jnr | J: Will Gordon (67kg) Bet with PlayUp Next Best at Casterton: Sasqualah Although Sasqualah needs a scratching to get into the field, the lightly raced four-year-old mare from the Symon Wilde yard was very good when she finished a narrow second behind Romantic Choice at Warrnambool over 1100m. If she gains a start, this daughter of Magnus will rise in trip to 1200m second-up while dropping 3kg. If Linda Meech can settle midfield and find a back to follow, Sasqualah will be finishing off strongly down the outside. Next Best Race 6 – #13 Sasqualah (10) 4yo Mare | T: Symon Wilde | J: Linda Meech (54.5kg) Bet with Neds Sunday quaddie tips – 19/5/2024 Casterton quadrella selections Sunday, May 19, 2024 1-2-3-13 2-5-10 2-4-5-9-16 1-2-5-10-11 | Copy this bet straight to your betslip Horse racing tips View the full article
    • I disagree, I think the App, Promos etc are a big improvement. I’m back punting at the TAB
    • I never watch on PC, I’m not that old.  Mostly watch racing on sky, although have watched odd race on Freeview tv again, so that should excite some.  TAB app works brilliant on IPad, easy to switch channels and gives split screen option. All up, thumbs up, big improvement all around. 
  • Topics