• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• 'TDN Rising Star' MINDFRAME (c, 3, Constitution–Walk of Stars, by Street Sense), a dominating 13 3/4-length winner of his seven-furlong debut on the Florida Derby undercard at Gulfstream Park Mar. 30, handled his first two-turn assignment with aplomb, cruising home the easiest of winners in Churchill allowance company Saturday morning. Drawn the outside in a field of eight, the $600,000 Keeneland September yearling bounced away so well that he was able to clear all the inside traffic and drop down onto the fence already entering the first turn. Able to slow things down up front through a half-mile in :49.18, Mindframe–carrying the St. Elias colors–took some token pressure on the turn, but was always traveling well within himself and when Irad Ortiz, Jr. said go in upper stretch, it was all over. Mindframe went clear with every stride entering the final furlong and was taken in hand a good 70 yards from the wire, scoring by a very easy seven to eight lengths. It was the second win on the program for Constitution, whose son Catching Freedom is a live chance in the GI Kentucky Derby later on in the afternoon. Sales history: $600,000 Ylg '22 KEESEP. O-Repole Stable & St Elias Stables LLC; B-R Larry Johnson (MD); T-Todd Pletcher.   The post Constitution’s Mindframe Rolls To Easy Two-Turn Win at Churchill appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • Saturday's G1 QIPCO 2000 Guineas went to an unbeaten colt with TDN Rising Star status, but instead of the bitterly disappointing City Of Troy (Justify) it was Godolphin's Notable Speech (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}–Swift Rose {Ire}, by Invincible Spirit {Ire}) who conquered the Newmarket Classic. Sent off at 16-1 on his first start on turf, the Charlie Appleby-trained homebred who unusually had not raced at two and had only been to Kempton so far in his career waited in last under a confident William Buick. Arriving to Ballydoyle's struggling 4-6 favourite full of running two out, he surged away from last year's G1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere hero Rosallion (Ire) (Blue Point {Ire}) from the furlong pole to score by 1 1/2 lengths, with Rosallion's stablemate Haatem (Ire) (Phoenix Of Spain {Ire}) 1 3/4 lengths away in third. City Of Troy wound up ninth, making it back-to-back flops for a short-priced Ballydoyle favourite after Auguste Rodin (Ire) (Deep Impact {Jpn}) last year. “I hadn't known him for that long–I only rode him in February but I haven't believed in a horse as much as this guy,” Buick said. “I kept going home thinking 'have I lost the plot altogether?' as he has an incredible change of gear and does things so easily. The race couldn't have worked out any better and I've gone close a couple of times in this, so it's nice to win it. He's an out-and-out miler and all about speed–he has a great mindset and is going to keep on improving as well.”   The post Dubawi’s TDN Rising Star Notable Speech Wins The Guineas appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • Sunday's top tips from the Post's racing teamView the full article
    • As much as the May 4 150th edition of the Run for the Roses has been framed as a showdown between the two favorites, Fierceness (5-2) and Sierra Leone (3-1), to a much greater extent it is showcasing the competition between the 3-year-olds' trainers.View the full article
    • Kentucky Derby day has arrived, with conditions a little better than Kentucky Oaks day. Cloudy skies are forecast with a 30% chance of light rain. The main track will be muddy to begin the day; the turf course is deemed "good."View the full article
  • Topics