• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Excellent and accurate posting Galah. The popularity of punters still punting on NZ harness is indeed dropping hugely and NZ harness Clubs should be very worried! There are several reasons for this which I nave mentioned numerous times! I was looking at turnover on meetings at Addington during the week. There were pools on the tote of under $2k when I was looking shortly before the start of races. They arent showing this on Trackside as the turnover on the tote is now absolutely pathetic and this is at Addington the best track in NZ! Time that Tab/Entain actually start listening to their long time customers and allow them to participate more freely or yes things are going to continue to decline!!!!!! They are losing their most loyal clientele and that is not how any business can continue but then again Entain wasnt after harness racing, they were after the Sports betting in NZ for 25 long years.
    • to which you replied . And in that reply you replied referencing my comment about the last 3 years. see below. . then i replied. So,the start of your last reply is a bit bemusing..   but anyway, i know you love the all stars. i acknowledge their undeniable abilities as well, i have great repect for them in many ways,but given my views,don't put them on the pedestal you do. 
    • there is a lot of difffrent components to the puzzle of turnover and youv'e mantioned a couple.that effect nz punters. Somehow i think the number of nz punters betting on the trots is dropping. But the thing is,i can't help but think the viability of the nz harness industry is linked to how much australian punter participation they can get. How else do you explain the turnovers .. There has to be a link between the high turnover races with tabcorp nsw for nz harness, corresponding with the high turnover races on the nz/entain totes.Often they are low class races and often small fields. Manawatu have proved that. it has to be because the australian punters betting into the pools with entain australia that then get commingled with us,are seeing the same sky racing coverage as the tabcorp nsw punters who are betting into their own pools.. After all,we still are getting similar lead in exposure on our trackside channels for nz,yet the pools vary so greatly. australian punters do bet on nz harness,the figures show that,not huge but still very significant to the nz industry. But they do not bet without proper sky racing channel exposure.  My theory is there is no transperancy from people at entain and hrnz around this issue,Its a deliberate policy to keep everyone in the dark. And the reason for that is they must have known that when they partnered with entain they were signing away the bargaining rites to ensure adequate coverage and times sllots for nz harness racing that they could have ensured had they gone with tabcorp nsw, as the nz tab's partner. I think theres been a major miscaluation by those in charge of nz racing,especially harness, as to the scale of the impact sky racing coverage,or lack therof,has on profitabilty . i think its a scandel myself that no one ever explains to the hard working committee men who look at their clubs turnovers and say to themselves,well that wasn't too good,or how come that race got such good turnover and that one didn't. keeping everyone in the dark because you don't want light shone on a subject of such importance because all the light would do is show what poor decision making has been made. You can't blame entain. I'm sure that fella dean shannon really does want to help nz harness. But lets not have people believe the bullshit. Entain is a huge global business interested in profit and nz harness is not the priority that for some reason,people in charge are trying to sell. There must be someone at hrnz who has the information of what races are getting lead in time on sky racing and what races are getting next to no coverage. And they must have the data on how it impacts turnovers. But we never hear about it do we,so they have to be covering it up for a reason. people/clubs,whoever should start demanding to know the effects of the time slotsand sky coverage  nz harness is being given.  
    • Come on Chief, you have  not mentioned her poor riding today at Doomben today?    Had 1 hot fav win, which in all honesty would have won with me and you in saddle it was clearly that superior. She rode a horse called Acid Wash early on, poor owners, settled well back finished far too late, 2L from winner, wasn’t reading the track too well. Rode plenty of favoured runners for not much.    Craig Williams, what a ride on Bella Nipotina, you can see clearly he went up to win easily, horse peaked a little so sat and really asked for effort couple strides from post, only reason it won. Kah went too early with Chain Of Lightning,     
    • Mate you were the one who said the comment about the last 3 years. as you can plainly see here in your personal opinion. So I gave many examples of the races that Mark Purdon has won in the past 3 years. He still is a feature player. and the one to beat (on most occasions) 😉 You should remember the 'Official' Allstars brand of 'Mark and Nat ' was retired on new years Eve 2020 when Amazing Dream smacked out that brilliant Auckland Cup win. What a finish !!!  and as you say the 'patchwork of Cullen (All-triangles) , Nathan and whoever since is probably not quite as strong overall anymore. (John Dunn even got the 'chocolates' in the Welcome Stakes Friday )🤣😂 defeating them (Mark and Nathan horses)  comfortably.  so as Walt is asking perhaps the tide is turning. Weight of numbers gets results. How many do Dunn's work there on the beach ? seems a lot of runners at times. there was 20 starters at Addington 2 weeks ago 😳  . also some Payne bloke trained with him for a while .was he any good . or just All-squares ? 😅😎 Yes when the REAL Allstars partnership started (Mark and Natalie 🥰) they had 2 strong chances every feature race nearly from 2010 on for a while so am not surprised of the increase in Stakes Won that you have mentioned for Mark Purdon . With Smolda and Lazarus and a few awesome performers in those years we were given a treat of the best on the Planet ! well done to NZ harness 🏆(and the little QLD lass joining in to help it along )    
  • Topics