Bit Of A Yarn

Westport Day II

Happy Sunrise

Anybody brave enough to go again?

Roman? HTP? Shad?

Of those mentioned the first day. I thought Nurburgring got stuffed on the home turn when looking good and Newmarket's tip of Apocalypse was held up at the wrong time but ran home strong.

I might have a quiet day and multi those in place and win bets. Both should be at handy odds when they come on a minute.

• Champ Post 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Odds not up yet, they have Cambridge harness up and gallops from all over the place. I suppose they will come up after the odds for the camel racing at the Ulaanbaatar and Abu Dhabi meets get posted.

haha exactly does monotone wilson still do the harness odds?

Yeah can never understand why the North Island meetings always come up before the South Island, even if the South Island meeting is a day meeting????

Why can’t they bring up,the Fixed Odds even earlier than what they currently do, so they get even more money on!

Cant be that hard can it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boobybec said:

Ford Rule will lead and win

Thought it would win first day, but had every chance. In fact, didnt bet on it at short price. Main reason i reckon it started so hot, connections. Everyone loves Reedy, everyone was talking it up. Be careful at short odds again. 

As for Astuto, not sure. Went so poorly, can not see it getting as good a run, so going tobe tough. 

In fact, i think i wont have bet at westport, will have a go at Mot sat. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Anybody brave enough to go again?

Roman? HTP? Shad?

Of those mentioned the first day. I thought Nurburgring got stuffed on the home turn when looking good and Newmarket's tip of Apocalypse was held up at the wrong time but ran home strong.

I might have a quiet day and multi those in place and win bets. Both should be at handy odds when they come on a minute.

Backing up again today, backed some roughies first day,and will stick them through the whole circuit then Nelson blenheim, here are a few, fortune tiller, mogul, he's fast n furious, sonic reign, sods law, game changer, that Alexander guy. Can't  say I'm confident, and usually just a donation, but you got to be in to win.Good luck everyone. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Thought it would win first day, but had every chance. In fact, didnt bet on it at short price. Main reason i reckon it started so hot, connections. Everyone loves Reedy, everyone was talking it up. Be careful at short odds again. 

As for Astuto, not sure. Went so poorly, can not see it getting as good a run, so going tobe tough. 

In fact, i think i wont have bet at westport, will have a go at Mot sat. 

What after a crappy nites sleep..,i have decided i must bet there again!!

A good mate suggested i have a bet in r2 Wilson st. Seems it is very good, so will pick it to beat fav. I have seen it at trials, begins well. 

Hope runner should win first, will back up on Astuto, midfrew tarpadiem, the bloss who had no luck first day, and Apocalypse. 

Good luck all, i do not think we will see so many leaders dominate today, most have had their soft run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

What after a crappy nites sleep..,i have decided i must bet there again!!

A good mate suggested i have a bet in r2 Wilson st. Seems it is very good, so will pick it to beat fav. I have seen it at trials, begins well. 

Hope runner should win first, will back up on Astuto, midfrew tarpadiem, the bloss who had no luck first day, and Apocalypse. 

Good luck all, i do not think we will see so many leaders dominate today, most have had their soft run.

Seriously newmarket, ive tipped you the winner (probably only winner ill ever tip too) but we will see I guess ......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Belle said:

Watch the drive on Full of Hope on Boxing Day. Should questions have been asked of that drive. $3 was easy money today.

Wasn't interested on the first day was he. Not at all.  I suppose it was its first start. Nice warm up for the second day.

Big effort for a maiden having its second start against seasoned horses and win.

Good spotting.

10 minutes ago, hesi said:

He strikes me as the sort who would not know the difference between a weed(not that sort) and a plant, wouldn't let him loose in my garden

Yeah fair call. Mrs not keen on my gardening either!! 

Was busy all day, just looked at Astuto race, christ he had easy lead, stopped as if shot.??

I reckon over the 2 days, only about 7 horses didnt  lead when they won.  Think i bet on the leader of those 7 races!! 

• Like 3