Bit Of A Yarn

30 HOURS TO THE BIGGEST COCK UP BY TAB

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

New technology it may be but is it a game changer?  Will it increase revenue and reduce costs?  I think not.

But from what I've seen this "new technology" has carried over many of the constraints from the previous system.

Thankfully Melbourne Cup day is wee way off.

No its not a game changer, but Chief you can't stay still when everyone else is running.

Do you still use a VCR in your house?. DVD's are things of the past now. Everyone is on Netflix.

39 minutes ago, barryb said:

No its not a game changer, but Chief you can't stay still when everyone else is running.

Do you still use a VCR in your house?. DVD's are things of the past now. Everyone is on Netflix.

Ok but why carry over the constraints?  

The site hasnt got improved performance and the user experience has not obviously been tested or more importantly designed from an average customer perspective.

So essentially all they have done is built the same products on a "new modern technology stack" but in a way that is harder for the average punter to use.

Oh and spend well North of $50 million to do so.  If the performance is like it is today then come Melbourne Cup day watch out.

It will be interesting to see if operating costs increase.  I have a strong suspicion they will as the "new architecture" is resource hungry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ok but why carry over the constraints?  

The site hasnt got improved performance and the user experience has not obviously been tested or more importantly designed from an average customer perspective.

So essentially all they have done is built the same products on a "new modern technology stack" but in a way that is harder for the average punter to use.

Oh and spend well North of $50 million to do so.  If the performance is like it is today then come Melbourne Cup day watch out.

I am not sure they have built fark all Chief, its a copy of Paddy Power - Sportsbet Australia with a few tweaks. 

It has improved performance as there are now more betting options, more multis, cash outs etc, Plus the huge bonus is the video quality of the racing is vastly superior. Before that was shitful, now its close to what you get on Racing.com.

19 minutes ago, barryb said:

I am not sure they have built fark all Chief, its a copy of Paddy Power - Sportsbet Australia with a few tweaks. 

It has improved performance as there are now more betting options, more multis, cash outs etc, Plus the huge bonus is the video quality of the racing is vastly superior. Before that was shitful, now its close to what you get on Racing.com.

So it's a copy of something else with "a few tweaks" that has cost in excess of $50m?  Paddy wouldn't be an Irishman would he?

So more multis and betting options for mug punters.  Obviously the odds will be done by computer because surely we can't afford more bookies.  Or are we paying an ongoing operating license fee to Paddy?

As for the race streaming that was an easy fix and nothing advanced about that at all.  Shame they are not consistent with their HD on Trackside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, barryb said:

If you want to know a con and rip off go to a movie at Hoyts.

Just lining up with Family and its $22 each, are they farking serious?

$7 for a bottle of coke, fark off.

I will bring my own food and drink next time, they can get farked.

We wait for the movie to come out on DVD and buy it. The Mrs let's me have some of her potato chips and only charges me $4 for a beer. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

We wait for the movie to come out on DVD and buy it. The Mrs let's me have some of her potato chips and only charges me $4 for a beer. 

We wait for the movie to come out on tv1, mrs makes home made potato chips from day befores potato peelings, and gives me free home brew??

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, barryb said:

I can see why mate, told the family last farking time for me, I must be out of touch if people are willing to spend this much on shit.

No wonder those movie clowns get paid mega. Makes $20 to get into the races a fantastic deal.

Readings only $12 bucks in chch, kids take their own stuff to eat. Although, new hoyts in town is $22, but you get nice roomy seat, so i mite like it. 

4 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

We wait for the movie to come out on tv1, mrs makes home made potato chips from day befores potato peelings, and gives me free home brew??

Do you have a training manual ? My mare kicks out badly at the suggestion and becomes hard to get working !

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, barryb said:

If you want to know a con and rip off go to a movie at Hoyts.

Just lining up with Family and its $22 each, are they farking serious?

$7 for a bottle of coke, fark off.

I will bring my own food and drink next time, they can get farked.

It's the biggest rort in town. The staff should wear masks when they charge you. We are fortunate in that we have a family friend who has all the big movies for us to watch for what Paddy shot at and while they are still on at the cinema. Not crap cam versions either. Having said that, my good lady enjoys going out to the cinema so we go fairly often. She's very lucky as I let her take me. Her bag is normally full with our drinks and eats. Would never consider paying their diabolical prices for food and drink. Maybe the Queen makes the popcorn and it's delivered to Hoyts via the moon. There was me all those years thinking it was just corn that had been popped. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Yes it sure does make the TAB look like saints.

For a family of 4 a night at the movies is a month of sky, I know which one I would have. 

Makes a days summer entertainment at the races look outstanding value and if the family had chucked $50 into a punters club at a number of venues they could have left with a fistful.

Having used the laptop version in the last 2 days .... i would like to know what part of listening to my survey answers were incorporated into the new setup because i sure as heck can't find any.

i do like the placing all the bets on one  race at one time instead of having to back track for the exotics but not much else at this stage 

found the watching of races a tad annoying while quality is better it takes a while to synchronise 

this is just my humble opinion :D

• Like 1

Well,  I am still waiting to HAVE an opinion...because I'm still locked out.

Followed the link to re-set password, finally got an email two days later telling me to ' click on password tab and put in your username' .....I digested that for a few moments,  thought,  ok,  I won't try and be clever [ which I am most clearly NOT ]   so I obediently did exactly as I was told.

Unsurprisingly, I was refused.

I won't bore you with all the mish mash of attempts- but how does anyone get the helpline personnel to answer the fekkn phone?

I went to the pub yesterday to try and withdraw funds..nope,  account locked.  yeah,  I knew that but you still hope....useless pricks.

I find the new web site crap. Very difficult to navigate. Very hard to read. Cannot get entire field without endless scrolling. They do not have the stake money for the race. The sports are incomplete, example fight this Sunday between Pacman and Adrian Broner cannot be accessed, yet there is odds out on this fight. Cannot get help desk, just a fu#ken fu#k up. Had to travel to a TAB yesterday just to put money in my account. If it isn't broke, DONT FU#KEN TOUCH IT.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Freda said:

Followed the link to re-set password, finally got an email two days later telling me to ' click on password tab and put in your username' .....I digested that for a few moments,  thought,  ok,  I won't try and be clever [ which I am most clearly NOT ]   so I obediently did exactly as I was told.

I won't bore you with all the mish mash of attempts- but how does anyone get the helpline personnel to answer the fekkn phone?

I went to the pub yesterday to try and withdraw funds..nope,  account locked.  yeah,  I knew that but you still hope....useless pricks.

Freda, i am going to ask the obvious. Sometimes in the past, site lets me in using all lower case password, but sometimes it has declined, so had to use first letter as capital, which is my password. I would try logging in on another device, just to make sure its not device. 

Also, all i did was put in exsisting password, and my credit card details are already loaded? I know some had to re load. 

Tab should be on this site helping people out, this is the time they should put free money in punters account, to at least make them try, otherwise they will lose more punters

34 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I find the new web site crap. Very difficult to navigate. Very hard to read. Cannot get entire field without endless scrolling. They do not have the stake money for the race. The sports are incomplete, example fight this Sunday between Pacman and Adrian Broner cannot be accessed, yet there is odds out on this fight. Cannot get help desk, just a fu#ken fu#k up. Had to travel to a TAB yesterday just to put money in my account. If it isn't broke, DONT FU#KEN TOUCH IT.

Yes, agree with this

I just wanted to have a quick look at the fields to see if there was anything worth having a bet on, horses I had backed in the last few starts etc etc

You can't, without endless scrolling and clicking

54 minutes ago, Freda said:

Are you sure you are putting in the correct username???

My username is my account no!!!!