Bit Of A Yarn

House and Reid to Join Forces

Chief Stipe

31 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

i would like you to i am supportive of you seeking treatment offshore 

It’s ok Ranga, I always come right after a time.

My darksideness is only a temporary illness, no one overseas has ever been able to help!

One cure would be for the NZ TAB to make every punter unrestricted, and play fair!

Just now, Rangatira said:

sounds commercially suicidal 

Not at all Ranga.

They should be encouraging turnover.

To restrict punters just because they had a winning run is commercial suicide.

Reality is that if they restrict punters to next to nothing they are gone.

Continually losing punters get the stitch and they are gone.

They need to replace these punters that are gone, and at the moment there are very very few new punters that will become interested in the harness racing product.

Next to no new ones are being enticed oncourse nowadays and this is the only way people are going to get the bug.

Cup Day young ones turn up in their droves, but they won’t have another bet for another year on racing.

The TABs business plan is very seriously flawed but then the hierarchy don’t care as they still get paid as the yield is up but turnover is down.

You only need to look at the betting pools nowadays and they are just pathetic on most races including Addington, and much of it on the earlier races are from Oz.

Anyway, They May think that they win by driving winning punters away, but it will have more detrimental effect on racing than what it will for me.

There are far easier ways to make money than being treated like a criminal by the TAB!

Money  Laundering, Bollacks!!!

• Haha 1

On 27/08/2019 at 6:45 PM, Westview said:

Anyone  thought about asking Michael,  guess what I did and to find out his answer you are going to have to wait until friday when I hope to interview him on harness racing unhinged facebook then you can make up your own mind on his credibility.  Needless to say whatever he says wont be enough for some but nothing will change that, stay tuned.

Well here it is

• Champ Post 3

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Silly prick he is, why make jokes that he has something better than blood spinning?? He is a goofball, no wonder he targets manawatu. 

Interviewer is probably the goofball, getting to third on the premiership table dosen't happen by accident.  Maybe he's alot smarter than you think, horses for courses. 

• Like 1

I thought a good interview.  It may have been a light hearted approach from House and the interviewer but the interviewer gave an insight into House and how his ability to communicate  has helped him succeed.

I do get what Newmarket means when he says he was disappointed with House's answer on the blood spinning question. But  when you think about it what else was he likely to say. He did say he hadn't used blood spinning, but  it was hard to take that answer seriously when he went on to say he had better shit. I know he was meaning that " tongue n cheek" but for someone so good at public relations it was  a strange answer on that segment of the interview. 

I hope we see more interviews posted from Westview.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I thought a good interview.  It may have been a light hearted approach from House and the interviewer but the interviewer gave an insight into House and how his ability to communicate  has helped him succeed.

I do get what Newmarket means when he says he was disappointed with House's answer on the blood spinning question. But  when you think about it what else was he likely to say. He did say he hadn't used blood spinning, but  it was hard to take that answer seriously when he went on to say he had better shit. I know he was meaning that " tongue n cheek" but for someone so good at public relations it was  a strange answer on that segment of the interview. 

I hope we see more interviews posted from Westview.

Yeah, no problem with westviews interviews, good on him. 

But with the court thing still in progress, to have a couple on tv laughing about better stuff, hardly good look

• Like 3

Westview interview was very lighthearted, and he could have a career as an interviewer.

Didnt really answer the question that needed answering, that being how does an average trainer whose horses were not overly good, now are performing so much better on the big stage over the past couple of years.

If it isn’t Blood spinning or different way of training them, it has to be vet induced!!

38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Westview interview was very lighthearted, and he could have a career as an interviewer.

Didnt really answer the question that needed answering, that being how does an average trainer whose horses were not overly good, now are performing so much better on the big stage over the past couple of years.

If it isn’t Blood spinning or different way of training them, it has to be vet induced!!

I would call him a very good trainer,not an average trainer. Just look at his results., but there can be no denying he improves horses and it won't be just training.  

The vet has to be part of the reason you would think. Maybe its a feed thing as well as facilities.. 

And I don't know why the Blair Orange factor is not emphasized more. He gets in the cart and  horses improve, no matter who the trainer.

And if you watch  Houses horses he can improve them in the speed department. Vets tend to help stamina,not speed.  

I think some underestimate House. Still we all have differing views about different people and it gives me something to discuss before I go to work.. I can't be bothered doing the lawns.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 4

Michael House has been a very good trainer over the past couple of years, but before that he had some good years and some pretty average ones.

Good on him for upping his game and he has certainly kept Manawatu Harness meetings going or without him there would have been many cancelled thru lack of runners.

His horses are now far more competitive at Addington as well.

Positive fellah who has tried things at least 

.Just would like to know what has caused the major improvements in average horses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

he may have gone to that redwood bloke to seek his advice on getting the best out of rather ordinary horses

• Haha 1