Bit Of A Yarn

Cup day value

Richie

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You would think if you are presenting on Trackside on Cup Day that you would have an opinion on each race instead of saying 'it is not a betting race for me'

Do better than that Mick G

Why should they have an opinion

If they dont like anything then why pick something for the sake of it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Why should they have an opinion

If they dont like anything then why pick something for the sake of it

Well, for one, they were going on about how the standing starts needs to be sorted so people have the confidence to bet and it is better for the industry and then he turns around and says he wouldn't be having a bet on some races and he only is because he was given a phantom $100.

It is not about his betting ego today of all days, his main job is to drive up turnover is it not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is not about his betting ego today of all days, his main job is to drive up turnover is it not?

And before you somehow once again think im having a go at you, i thought his job was to present the horses to the viewing public and suggest where their was talent and/or value.

Im pretty sure they are all independent contractors and if they are seen by their superiors to be doing a poor job then we all know what happens next. Just my thoughts

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

And before you somehow once again think im having a go at you, i thought his job was to present the horses to the viewing public and suggest where their was talent and/or value.

Im pretty sure they are all independent contractors and if they are seen by their superiors to be doing a poor job then we all know what happens next. Just my thoughts

Greg

missed out on good one should never stoped bidding

Have been out and about and watching races on the phone.

The best part of it so far is when the AllStars horses get beaten!

Just brilliant to watch the winning owners outside the AllStars owners winning races and being jubilant.

Totally sick watching the same owners plundering the stakes and just so refreshing to see the excitement and joy of Darren Keast and his father Jamie Keast after their second win for the day.

Sure beats  the other puke material!! Lol

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

Although it was the AllStars that won the NZ Cup it was good to see different owners win the cup, even though they were OZzies.

Was interesting that Purdon said that he would’ve liked more time with the horse bearing in mind he had gone 2 very good races since he has been back in ChCh and was very unlucky last year.

Wouldve been enough time to have blood spinning no doubt.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Spankem was mediocre and The Fixer was poor really. Chase Auckland and Classie Brigade did well.

Odd experience to see Mark P and Nat R not winning but, as Brodie said, nice to see some raw enthusiasm after the race.

The Fixer had every chance last year and was belted by Nat as we all know.

Didnt think the Fixer should’ve been as short as what it was.

Spankem was always a bit of a risk of not going 3200m as good as the shorter distances whereas after last years run Cruz Bromac was always going to be a massive chance if he began well, and he did with Blair at the helm.

Ranga, do not bother.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Fixer had every chance last year and was belted by Nat as we all know.

Didnt think the Fixer should’ve been as short as what it was.

Spankem was always a bit of a risk of not going 3200m as good as the shorter distances whereas after last years run Cruz Bromac was always going to be a massive chance if he began well, and he did with Blair at the helm.

Ranga, do not bother.

He has been in a cold sweat since you took your break, but now all is well in rangas world, Christmas is back on?

• Haha 4

On 10/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, Roman said:

Race 2 - Dream of Glory. Purdon horse paying 9s on cup day... unreal.

Race 9 Ascalabus. Handy enough efforts after leaving maidens. Has a chance at 31s and 6.50

Race 12 Dan Fernando. Drawn to have a sweet trip behind Taxman. 2.50 a place seems good money for a horse going to do no work

Geeze hope you backed Ascalabas Roman.Great price. Just kept kicking up the straight. Not a great day overall, one of my worst to be fair.

P Davis should get the sack for his drive on Overzelous.He just sat there on the marker pegs when he had plenty of time to get off. 

Our boy did well for fourth giving McLovin the drag up around the field on a race record pace and sitting parked and boxing on. We will get a decent draw soon.?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Geeze hope you backed Ascalabas Roman.Great price. Just kept kicking up the straight. Not a great day overall, one of my worst to be fair.

P Davis should get the sack for his drive on Overzelous.He just sat there on the marker pegs when he had plenty of time to get off. 

Our boy did well for fourth giving McLovin the drag up around the field on a race record pace and sitting parked and boxing on. We will get a decent draw soon.?

Yes you would be really pleased with his run thought he was gonna get 3rd, he's coming good at the right time. Those Aussie trotters will be a force in the Dominion and i.ds.

And we'll done Roman for ascalabas hard enough to get a winner today let alone one at that price.

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Very negative attitude but at least you are consistent from what i have seen you post over last year. Did you clap when AB's lost in Japan by chance?

Greg

JJ, not negative at all, quite the opposite.

The fact that other owners and trainers apart from the AllStars connections were able to get some of the bigger stakes is a major plus for harness racing not a negative.

Watching the OZzies excitement after the Cup win and the Keasts excitement was far more enjoyable than having the camera focussed on the same AllStars owners jumping up and down and kissing each other every year.

Yes the AllStars owners invest a lot of money into their horses however so do most other owners and get bugger all back out it.

If this continued they would be lost to the industry and with very few new owners coming thru, the industry is stuffed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JJ, not negative at all, quite the opposite.

The fact that other owners and trainers apart from the AllStars connections were able to get some of the bigger stakes is a major plus for harness racing not a negative.

Watching the OZzies excitement after the Cup win and the Keasts excitement was far more enjoyable than having the camera focussed on the same AllStars owners jumping up and down and kissing each other every year.

Yes the AllStars owners invest a lot of money into their horses however so do most other owners and get bugger all back out it.

If this continued they would be lost to the industry and with very few new owners coming thru, the industry is stuffed.

All Stars still won three of the four Group races so mission accomplished from them.

39 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

All Stars still won three of the four Group races so mission accomplished from them.

Indeed they did much to the obvious chagrin of our negative Brodie. As i predicted in an earlier post :Dunns had a good day and 10% nigel nearly got the chocolates with Howard. Ants fair dinkum flogged it to win and cops $200 fine for doing so.

A great cup day as usual with something for everyone

Greg

37 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Indeed they did much to the obvious chagrin of our negative Brodie. As i predicted in an earlier post :Dunns had a good day and 10% nigel nearly got the chocolates with Howard. Ants fair dinkum flogged it to win and cops $200 fine for doing so.

A great cup day as usual with something for everyone

Greg

did not think a racing reporter would be so negative to see smaller stables winning on cup day

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Very negative attitude but at least you are consistent from what i have seen you post over last year. Did you clap when AB's lost in Japan by chance?

Greg

I thought you said Brodie was interesting and non sterile? At least, Brodie is consistent.

Anyway, I enjoyed your presenting at Addington yesterday. I thought you did a great job. 

image.thumb.png.4488a417926e4edd13709faa0a902528.png

• Haha 2