Bit Of A Yarn

Cup day value

Richie

Got a few value place bets to share

R1 Overzealous @$3.10p-Good record over all distances and on all tracks,will do everything right,this race comes at a good tiMe in campaign,and looked in great nick at Kaikoura.Shows a bit of toughness and has been set for this race

R7 Aqua Sancta @$3.80p-No luck last start and with King Mark in the bike,coupled with a good draw is a very good chance of running in the money.Stable rates him highly 

R11 Never Mind @$3.30p-Needed run at Ashburton and will have improved immensely with that run.Good beginner who should get handy run from good draw

Happy punting all

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Richie said:

R1 Overzealous @$3.10p-Good record over all distances and on all tracks,will do everything right,this race comes at a good tiMe in campaign,and looked in great nick at Kaikoura.Shows a bit of toughness and has been set for this race

Like this bet.

Especially with the favourite being over-rated in my book. Biggest threat will again be the moose.

May even be worth a gold coin on the nose final field with the promo on offer for this race. 

Race 2 - Dream of Glory. Purdon horse paying 9s on cup day... unreal.

Race 9 Ascalabus. Handy enough efforts after leaving maidens. Has a chance at 31s and 6.50

Race 12 Dan Fernando. Drawn to have a sweet trip behind Taxman. 2.50 a place seems good money for a horse going to do no work

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

There are few paying a bit. Not quite the shorty odds domination of recent years which is nice. Enables those All Stars followers to make a killing mixing up a few place and win bets into a multi or two.

Or the Dunn followers may reap better divies than All Stars followers and win more races as well. Wouldn't that be nice and a change to boot.

You can usually also rely on Nigel to have one ready to rumble as well on Cup day . Fixed odds flucs is the best clue you will get

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Or the Dunn followers may reap better divies than All Stars followers and win more races as well. Wouldn't that be nice and a change to boot

Greg

I actually mean what I said genuinely but you don't get that. You think it is a slight.

I doubt the Dunn stable will have much of a day outside Heisenberg and maybe Above and Beyond. Sugar Loaf has a big ask on debut and at 2.90 is very very short. Woodstone a top 4 chance. Sundee's Son won't get around without breaking. Bonnie Highlander at 4.40 fresh up is no value. Nakuru at 9s is exceptionally short. 

As I said in the post when I was replying to Roman's comment, I think the All Stars punters have a real opportunity to win money at odds that are not seen often eg Richie's Aqua Sancta. 

Mark Purdon driving Spankem to win and Aqua Sancta to place is worth $7.98 for every dollar. Chuck in another Mark Purdon drive on Letterkenny Boy  and you get $21.54. Does that not entice you?

• Champ Post 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I actually mean what I said genuinely but you don't get that. You think it is a slight.

I doubt the Dunn stable will have much of a day outside Heisenberg and maybe Above and Beyond. Sugar Loaf has a big ask on debut and at 2.90 is very very short. Woodstone a top 4 chance. Sundee's Son won't get around without breaking. Bonnie Highlander at 4.40 fresh up is no value. Nakuru at 9s is exceptionally short. 

As I said in the post when I was replying to Roman's comment, I think the All Stars punters have a real opportunity to win money at odds that are not seen often eg Richie's Aqua Sancta. 

Mark Purdon driving Spankem to win and Aqua Sancta to place is worth $7.98 for every dollar. Chuck in another Mark Purdon drive on Letterkenny Boy  and you get $21.54. Does that not entice you?

I completely agree. For a change there is some value to be found re All Star horses. Just have to find which ones. And who is driving them. If going by history of the last 5 years All stars have had raging hot favourites and that's not the case. I saw on the Purdon website he reckons that 4 wins on the day will be good for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roman said:

I completely agree. For a change there is some value to be found re All Star horses. Just have to find which ones. And who is driving them. If going by history of the last 5 years All stars have had raging hot favourites and that's not the case. I saw on the Purdon website he reckons that 4 wins on the day will be good for them.

Identify Mark Purdon's best value X Natalie's best value and you might be onto a winner.

One Change x Dream of Glory x Amazing Dream is 11.65.

One of the Purdon runners paying 3s for the place will surely get a place. You can probably guess by the driver allocation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richie said:

R7 Aqua Sancta @$3.80p-No luck last start and with King Mark in the bike,coupled with a good draw is a very good chance of running in the money.Stable rates him highly 

R11 Never Mind @$3.30p-Needed run at Ashburton and will have improved immensely with that run.Good beginner who should get handy run from good draw

Happy punting all

Agree with your first and last selections.

i will chuck in my thoughts.

I think The Fixer can go back to back in the Cup.

I think Triple Eight will continue his rise to the top

I think Letterkenny Boy has the draw to win 

My outsider is Skippys Delight R7. Very underrated horse who keeps copping bad draws. Could get good place money.

And dare I say it ( only because the draw has crucified our horse) Winterfell in the FFA.

Enjoy boys.

• Like 2

Thought the best value of the day was perhaps Destiny Jones at $26. She went massive at Kaikoura and was very good at Ashburton too. 

The $4 odd a place was quite nice considering her good draw and so many unknown factors in that race. 

One of the less straight forward Cup Days I can remember from a punting point of view. A few races which look wide open so should make for a good day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Thought the best value of the day was perhaps Destiny Jones at $26. She went massive at Kaikoura and was very good at Ashburton too. 

The $4 odd a place was quite nice considering her good draw and so many unknown factors in that race. 

I had a good look at Destiny J, Woodstone and Didjabringthebeers for a place as I thought one of them might sneak a place due to those unknown factors you mention. My only concern with Destiny is her gate speed early and her record over the distance. She is in very good nick though and a placing wouldn't surprise.

Edited by Happy Sunrise

13 hours ago, globederby12 said:

My outsider is Skippys Delight R7. Very underrated horse who keeps copping bad draws. Could get good place money.

I heard a few of the owners have been backing it consistently  in futures market to run well on Tuesday and were far from happy when the draw came out

Looking at its last few races it would be nice to see R May actually put it in the race at some point, hes been driving very negatively for  awhile now and his UDR shows it IMHO

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I heard a few of the owners have been backing it consistently  in futures market to run well on Tuesday and were far from happy when the draw came out

Looking at its last few races it would be nice to see R May actually put it in the race at some point, hes been driving very negatively for  awhile now and his UDR shows it IMHO

Greg

Yep, much like the draw we copped. It is very disconcerting when you keep getting shit draws all the time. Stick with Skippy when he gets a decent draw, potentially a very good horse. One that will work his way up the grades, much in the same mould as Triple Eight.

28 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Yep, much like the draw we copped. It is very disconcerting when you keep getting shit draws all the time. Stick with Skippy when he gets a decent draw, potentially a very good horse. One that will work his way up the grades, much in the same mould as Triple Eight.

I agree with you re its abilty Globe and given it had a few issues when younger you would hope that better draws and  drives are ahead.?

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

16 hours ago, globederby12 said:

And dare I say it ( only because the draw has crucified our horse) Winterfell in the FFA.

Enjoy boys.

I agree with all your other selections except winterfell, I put this horse in the same category as chase Auckland very overated....I think your bloke will run 3rd from that crap draw winterfell 4th or 5th.... good luck tomorrow