Bit Of A Yarn

Phil Holden

What do people think of this? Did the Greyhound people enjoy his leadership?

STATEMENT FROM HRNZ

The Board of HRNZ has moved quickly to establish executive support to the organisation following the departure of former Chief Executive Peter Jensen.

Chair, Ken Spicer, announced today that current Board Member Phil Holden will step into the Chief Executive role on a part-time basis until such time as a permanent appointment is made.

“The Board is fortunate to have someone with Phil’s skills and experience available to support the organisation at this critical time.”

As an experienced Chief Executive and former CE of Greyhound Racing NZ, Phil will bring strong leadership and industry expertise to bear to support the Board and the wider team at HRNZ during this important transitional period.

“I am really excited to be able to pick up the reins and support the HRNZ team at this time. I know it’s a challenging time, but we have a great team in place and I’m looking forward to leading and supporting them.”

Phil will take a leave of absence from his Board position in order to undertake the role and this is effective immediately. Ken is confident that between the HRNZ Board, Phil and the Senior Management team, HRNZ has excellent resources to successfully lead harness racing through this transitional period.

Here we go again. When is the Racing Industry as a WHOLE going to realise this is  just part of an on going  cancer  of Cheats that are taking us for a ride.?  Where are the genuine Journal Invesigators that can pick up on this? Holden is a jerk...He was paid  by Rendle a huge amount  up front to take on the Greyhound position, that he did diddly squat for and  got out when the heat came on.. Then Came Mario Barsi another failure that ripped us off (And Look Where HE is now)? At present we have the Politically appointed fat arsed Glenda Huges pinching a salary while awaiting another Plum position within this Corrupt circle   pack of pricks...Wake up !!! and yes Chief, believe it or not guess who they are all connected to ? I wont mention Mr. Integrity himself  as this thread could be taken down....   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What do people think of this? Did the Greyhound people enjoy his leadership?

Phil Holden is mates with Craig Rendle, who was the GRNZ board chair when Phil got the CEO job there.

I don't think you'll find many BOAY members with good things to say about either of them.

Rendle is the big owner and funding behind the Cole kennel in the CD. The Cole kennel is the one facing animal cruelty charges which are to be heard by the court next month.

I also believe Rendle has or owns or is joint ownership of a horse or two... maybe more?

Connect the dots...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is all very depressing reading the above. 

Don't hold your hopes too high.

For the greyhounds, he did nothing positive that I can remember and was only used as a tool by Rendle (with Barsi on the board too) to build the Cole empire & look where that's got the code.

Can we get you to take Glenda off our hands too? That'd be one scary threesome...

To be fair, we should be expecting someone that isn’t going to be much cop for harness racing!

What is this Phil Holden’s claim to fame does anyone know?

He is going to have to be pretty good to get harness out of the shite, I would be wagering on Holden not be the saviour and he will not last long, if Craig Roberts thinks he is hopeless!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Badger said:

It is just another tap on the shoulder deal, if he was not much cop for the Greyhounds, it hard to imagine him doing HRNZ any favors but Spicer is over the moon, should suit his style ok.

Why have we resorted to getting someone from the dogs?

What expertise has Holden got?

Did Holden get the boot from the greyhounds or is it just another one pissing in someone’s pocket and nose in the trough?

27 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Congratulation harness.

Have a look at his self proclaimed credentials.

https://www.appointbetterboards.co.nz/profile/phil-holden

https://nz.linkedin.com/in/phil-holden-3768398

Yep, Paid roles only, so in other words no idea in how to run a business successfully?

NOt worth worrying about I suppose, will be useless and move on to other fields.

What does this mean?

I am a values-based leader, with genuineness and authenticity at the heart of my personal style and approach. I am highly motivated by the need to make a difference and a significant contribution; leveraging my business skills and life experiences for the positive advancement of the organisation and its people. Success for me has come from creating and building strong teams and a business culture that has a clear sense of direction and purpose, that recognises and respects people, that drives for excellence, is values-based and is focused on growing stakeholder and community value.

• Haha 1

he is a good orator, but lacked the desire and fortitude to implement positive change within the nzgra. his lack of knowledge of the code meant he was influenced too easily while in his role . I cant see him being anymore effective in harness. Another corporate ladder climber looking for a job that he has credentials to perform in on the racing leader merry go around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

What does this mean?

I am a values-based leader, with genuineness and authenticity at the heart of my personal style and approach. I am highly motivated by the need to make a difference and a significant contribution; leveraging my business skills and life experiences for the positive advancement of the organisation and its people. Success for me has come from creating and building strong teams and a business culture that has a clear sense of direction and purpose, that recognises and respects people, that drives for excellence, is values-based and is focused on growing stakeholder and community value.

smells like horse manure

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 3

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Anyone associated with the "cole " greyhound kennel surely is tainted with the live baiting scandel,how can they not be. That must include those that worked for him and said nothing and the owners who continue to support someone who is charged with serious animal cruelty..  Ineffective administration has kept him as their glamour trainer.

Given Cole is still dominating the greyhound sport, previous administrators of that sport can hardly come with glowing references. 

Trackside keep interviewing cole before each race at wanganui tonight. I just can't work out why they do that. It just is a reminder to not back on the CD dogs.  

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Noodlum said:

I am a values-based leader,

Read: I have no idea of the organisation I am in charge of

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

with genuineness and authenticity at the heart of my personal style and approach

Read: I will be a nice guy and do lunches well and get consultants to do the real work

I am highly motivated by the need to make a difference and a significant contribution; leveraging my business skills and life experiences for the positive advancement of the organisation and its people.

Read: When people leave the organisation because of my ineptitude I will say it is because I empowered them into new leadership roles with other organisations

Success for me has come from creating and building strong teams and a business culture that has a clear sense of direction and purpose, that recognises and respects people,

Read: I surround myself with yes people

that drives for excellence, is values-based

Read: Again, I have no knowledge of the organisation I am running so I will use fancy words that mean absolutely nothing of use.

and is focused on growing stakeholder and community value.

Read: I will have a lot of meetings and spend time in various cafes drinking coffee in the community.

Anybody who writes shit like this has no idea. I have no time for people like this. 

Hoping to be proved wrong.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

He missed out he enjoys helping out the community spending his large salary, whether he does anything useful or not!

Values based??? WTF?

What has Mr Holden done in all of his paid roles?

Time will tell but they will need supper man or woman to get harness out of it!

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Values based??? WTF?

The higher value his monthly salary is, the longer he'll stay based, until things get tough...

Greyhound accomplishments

One that'll be on his current CV = https://www.nzshearing.co.nz/executive-committee/

Does anyone know if the animal images in the final link are horses or dogs?

4 hours ago, Noodlum said:

What does this mean?

Back in the day, I was responsible for recruitment for a large multinational company, so I.have seen a few cover letters and CVs. This is typical. The three sentences you quoted Noodlum, are typical bullsh!t meaningless statements dreamt up by someone within HR consultancy. 

Happy hit it on the head, with his interpretations! Nice work. 

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I was responsible for recruitment for a large multinational company, so I.have seen a few cover letters and CVs. This is typical. The three sentences you quoted Noodlum, are typical bullsh!t meaningless statements dreamt up by someone within HR consultancy. 

Not a genuine thought among it all. 

I would rather employ the shoe shiner off the street, at least they can think for themself.

• Like 1

Harness must be considering themselves very lucky to get Mr Holden.

Hopefully he will have plenty of ideas and get harness back up to where it used to be!

Going by what Mr Holden has been an executive of, I certainly wouldn’t be that optimistic, and I am always on the money!

None of the companies or associations Mr Holden has been involved with were hardly cutting  edge and  Breadcraft?????

We can just wait with baited breath!

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1