Bit Of A Yarn

Phil Holden

On 5/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, Clarkie said:

Here we go again. When is the Racing Industry as a WHOLE going to realise this is  just part of an on going  cancer  of Cheats that are taking us for a ride.?  Where are the genuine Journal Invesigators that can pick up on this? Holden is a jerk...He was paid  by Rendle a huge amount  up front to take on the Greyhound position, that he did diddly squat for and  got out when the heat came on.. Then Came Mario Barsi another failure that ripped us off (And Look Where HE is now)? At present we have the Politically appointed fat arsed Glenda Huges pinching a salary while awaiting another Plum position within this Corrupt circle   pack of pricks...Wake up !!! and yes Chief, believe it or not guess who they are all connected to ? I wont mention Mr. Integrity himself  as this thread could be taken down....   

How does this name calling nonsense help anyone. Calling people jerks, and fat arsed?? Straight out of Trump's playbook.

On 28/05/2020 at 10:58 PM, Brodie said:

To be fair, we should be expecting someone that isn’t going to be much cop for harness racing!

What is this Phil Holden’s claim to fame does anyone know?

He is going to have to be pretty good to get harness out of the shite, I would be wagering on Holden not be the saviour and he will not last long, if Craig Roberts thinks he is hopeless!!!!!!

Dont hold your breath Brodie, look who appointed him  and we all know what an outstanding chair he has been. Will he be on 300K plus and  not work 5 days a week like the last guy.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Dont hold your breath Brodie, look who appointed him  and we all know what an outstanding chair he has been. Will he be on 300K plus and  not work 5 days a week like the last guy.

Greg

As I recall, when Phil was the CEO at GRNZ, each week he worked only on Mon, Tues, Wed and Fridays.

For some strange reason he was nowhere to be found on a Thursday.

Oh the beauty of a 4 days work week on a big salary... 

• Champ Post 1

Yankiwi, to be fair they all pretty piss easy low profile associations that wouldn’t take a lot of time,I wouldn’t have thought!

Never heard of Mr Holden before and has been a director of HRNZ since November last year!

Has Mr Holden actually done anything of note in any of these companies or associations that he has been a big wig for, does anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Do Surf Life Savers operation in winter my old mate?

Holden doesn't inspire much confidence. Freeloader?

Yeah not that many Surf Life Savers in Winter, so probably suits.

Just watched the David Di Somma interview!

Was I impressed from what I heard that Mr Holden is this  messiah that is going to be the answer to harness racing improvements?

No not really, heard more that it was going to be a bumpy ride and everyone wouldnt be happy!!!

Hopefully The Brodster is totally off the money on this one, for the sake of harness racing!

Seems like all the associations and companies that Mr Holden has been on CEO’s etc. are very lightweight and no one has personally advised us on here, what his claim to fame is, and that he always does a great job!

Certainly the Greyhound people dont speak that highly of him!

Prove us wrong, Mr Phil Holden, that you are in the role to make harness racing great again, rather just in it for the money as I believe you probably are!

I wouldve thought it was in our best interests to have someone as CEO that was fulltime rather than here there and everywhere with other associations?.

In the interview, he self proclaims that his history shows he doesn't stick around as a CEO for more than two or three years.

I personally think he'd be better off trying to revive VCR/DVD rental stores in NZ. Failure there would have much less of a consequence to the overall NZ economy and too as many peoples current livelihoods.

Edited by Yankiwi

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

Yeah not that many Surf Life Savers in Winter, so probably suits.

Just watched the David Di Somma interview!

Was I impressed from what I heard that Mr Holden is this  messiah that is going to be the answer to harness racing improvements?

No not really, heard more that it was going to be a bumpy ride and everyone wouldnt be happy!!!

Hopefully The Brodster is totally off the money on this one, for the sake of harness racing!

Seems like all the associations and companies that Mr Holden has been on CEO’s etc. are very lightweight and no one has personally advised us on here, what his claim to fame is, and that he always does a great job!

Certainly the Greyhound people dont speak that highly of him!

Prove us wrong, Mr Phil Holden, that you are in the role to make harness racing great again, rather just in it for the money as I believe you probably are!

I wouldve thought it was in our best interests to have someone as CEO that was fulltime rather than here there and everywhere with other associations?.

I listened too, mate. Hopeless. He said nothing, aimless waffle. No plan, no vision. Nothing will change with Mr Holden at the helm.  

You are on the money as usual! ?

• Like 1

On 15/06/2020 at 4:36 PM, Yankiwi said:

He stuttered when asked if it was going to be a long term gig. Thought he tried to use the word 'short' I imagine he doesn't want to go ruining his governance career which is a lot less demanding than a truly hands on role.

I thought I was listening to Grant Fox with the way he spoke.

Pretty timid interview. No substance.

Look forward to the next interview!

• Like 1