Bit Of A Yarn

HRNZ Bouquet

I see the novelty side of it, but why? Clearly below average nags, why not put them claimers or amateur races? These sort of crap fields do nothing for the game, with so many more meetings at Addington, the calibre of horse racing their is getting worse each month, even in warmer months. 

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I see the novelty side of it, but why? Clearly below average nags, why not put them claimers or amateur races? These sort of crap fields do nothing for the game, with so many more meetings at Addington, the calibre of horse racing their is getting worse each month, even in warmer months. 

Personally this is the type of field  i prefer to spend more on and do.   Punters are about backing a winner,doesn't matter whether it is the nz cup or the above race.The above field has plenty of disclosed form to base a decision on. Give me one of these races any day over say that 2yo trot last week at addington where only 2 trotted,or  that 4 horse high class race at auckland last week,or one of those 7 horse sires stakes races dominated by the all stars that you see so often. Who bets on those type of races?

• Like 3

The way Jazelle is going at the moment she'll be hard to beat in that race with a bit of luck. That being said, Payment Plan has been flying for Amber Hoffman. 

I agree, give me one of these any day of the week over some of the races we get especially the likes of those Galah has mentioned. 

It's not a bad ploy and with development will bring extra horses into the mix for the other races on the meeting. People might have the perfect horse for that series, but they'll fill the float to bring it there so more starters across the programme; ie Amber Hoffman and Co.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

Personally this is the type of field  i prefer to spend more on and do.   Punters are about backing a winner,doesn't matter whether it is the nz cup or the above race.The above field has plenty of disclosed form to base a decision on. Give me one of these races any day over say that 2yo trot last week at addington where only 2 trotted,or  that 4 horse high class race at auckland last week,or one of those 7 horse sires stakes races dominated by the all stars that you see so often. Who bets on those type of races?

Totally agree Galah!
Far better than Cup Day fields anyday for serious punters

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

It's not a bad ploy and with development will bring extra horses into the mix for the other races on the meeting.

Nominations have declined since the restart of racing so enticing the likes of Amber Hoffman is good.

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

The way Jazelle is going at the moment she'll be hard to beat in that race with a bit of luck.

There goes my place bet...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Exactly great fields for the exotics as well.

You don't need superstars in every race, just a difference of opinion to create a market.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

In a time of such turbulence and hard to fathom decisions I like the accommodating programming.

image.thumb.png.a9c395939d05e041847d086c5cff6edd.png

Surely this is just a variation of the South of the Waitaki  series introduced by McKenzie when he was running NZMTC. What has HRNZ got to do with it?

Greg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Surely this is just a variation of the South of the Waitaki  series introduced by McKenzie when he was running NZMTC. What has HRNZ got to do with it?

Greg

I believe happy would be referring to hrnz giving approval for the programming  of such an event. 

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I believe happy would be referring to hrnz giving approval for the programming  of such an event. 

I am just saying it is a good thing generally regardless of who did it.

Don't really care who did it, though it appears some are tribal and need it attributed to someone. No wonder the industry is factional.

2 hours ago, the galah said:

I would not have thought the NZMTC would need  approval from HRNZ to program a race series. A good idea though to offer Otago and Blenheim based horses  a chance to come to town ,so to speak

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I would not have thought the NZMTC would need  approval from HRNZ to program a race series. A good idea though to offer Otago and Blenheim based horses  a chance to come to town ,so to speak

Greg

I think all races clubs programme must get approval from HRNZ. It is good to see clubs thinking outside the square.Who knows,programming races from areas where there is no local racing may become more popular in the future so as to encourage continued participation.

Edited by the galah

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

I think all races clubs programme must get approval from HRNZ. It is good to see clubs thinking outside the square.Who knows,programming races from areas where there is no local racing may become more popular in the future so as to encourage continued participation.

Why have we got 2 outfits sorting out race  programs ?

Surely central body only or club only - cost and time waste is not affordable. Present only 4 meetings a week and over a fortnight 4 clubs so say wages and overhead ( rent , phone , car etc ) of say $150k p.a per club is $600K on stakes .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Why have we got 2 outfits sorting out race  programs ?

Surely central body only or club only - cost and time waste is not affordable. Present only 4 meetings a week and over a fortnight 4 clubs so say wages and overhead ( rent , phone , car etc ) of say $150k p.a per club is $600K on stakes .

Technically 3 "Outfits".

1.  RITA approves date and venue.

2. & 3.  Club plus HRNZ.

• Like 1