Bit Of A Yarn

Take a bow... Rick Donnelly

Davis

Wow! What a difference.

After years of putting up with P. Lamb as starter at New Zealand's premier track Addington we had a new starter today.

Well done Rick Donnelly.

The difference between today's starts and what previously happened with Lamb was obvious. In the mobile starts today all horses were on the gate, both rows, before the starter sped the field up. When Lamb started mobiles the field were strung out and many had to sprint just to catch the mobile. 

Standing starts also great. 

This was a marvellous start from Rick Donnelly, no bad starts the whole day and the drivers seemed to take notice of him.

Well done Rick you have restored my faith in fair starts for all runners, something Jack Mulcay managed but Lamb did not.

Keep up the good work...

• Like 9

The Dominion start  was interesting and I believe Ricky passed the test.

Yes It was delayed a bit when a horse fell over but Ricky was nkt happy with the way they were not in a line!

When they were ready the second time many of the horses went on the charge at the tape with a run up and were wanting a flier, just like in the NZ Cup the other day!

Ricky  did not let them go and made them more or less stop before he let them go.

First day as the new starter for the Met, a very good start and promising indeed!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Dominion start  was interesting and I believe Ricky passed the test.

Yes It was delayed a bit when a horse fell over but Ricky was nkt happy with the way they were not in a line!

When they were ready the second time many of the horses went on the charge at the tape with a run up and were wanting a flier, just like in the NZ Cup the other day!

Ricky  did not let them go and made them more or less stop before he let them go.

First day as the new starter for the Met, a very good start and promising indeed!

Should use starting stalls,just need to be careful they don't rip the wheels off on the way out,would be entertaining no doubt.

• Haha 3

Ricky has had years of experience handling thoroughbreds and standardbreds,Would have handled hundreds of horses with different temperaments over the years.He a very well respected person who seems to be able to read horses and drivers moods.And a hell of a nice guy too,doesnt think he any more important than anybody else 

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

Stand starts is all in the name.peter lamb is the one who should be in front of the courts for inca.nz trots has some very bad people he's one off them so is Nick chief steward total spastic along with Vinny Munro and then there's that cunt ken spicer.nz trots would be better off without these maggots.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Forbury said:

Stand starts is all in the name.peter lamb is the one who should be in front of the courts for inca.nz trots has some very bad people he's one off them so is Nick chief steward total spastic along with Vinny Munro and then there's that cunt ken spicer.nz trots would be better off without these maggots.

pretty grim reading if you are on the money forbster

Edited by Rangatira

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

The Ben Hope thread JJ.  Apology anytime soon?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

The Ben Hope thread JJ.  Apology anytime soon?

For what. telling cross codes he was not gong down a smart path as others had paid a price for prior ctricisms. 

You really do need to seek treatment  as your biased obsession with.me is  clearly affecting your judgment

I see you have still not censured originating poster.

11 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

For what. telling cross codes he was not gong down a smart path as others had paid a price for prior ctricisms. 

You added fuel to fire and the admit you knew about the family situation.  I let others draw their own opinions on that.

13 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You really do need to seek treatment  as your biased obsession with.me is  clearly affecting your judgment

Again that comment just highlights your arrogance!  

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

and the admit you knew about the family situation.

I have just checked and the first i knew of the passing was at 8.15 last night at which point i sent condolences to Nina and family

I responded to Cross Codes post suggesting he was going down a dangerous path around 2pm, some 6 hours earlier. So, fact- i did know of his passing when replying to Cross Codes so you are clearly in the wrong But lets not allow facts to get in the way of another of your attacks

Enough on this now from me- you have the last say as always.