Bit Of A Yarn

Davis

Two things, not sure how the RIU can be blamed for any of this and it always amazes me the lack of communication between HRNZ and the RIU, surely they must communicate to some degree.

Kerr’s father Paul, a veteran licensed trainer based in Ohoka, North Canterbury, said the RIU had not put any of the allegations to his son, and he had not heard from police either.

“I don’t have any respect for the Racing Integrity Unit whatsoever,” he said.

“They have been hounding people for the last three years.”

Paul Kerr said his son had “one or two personal issues going on” unconnected to the accusations. Mitchell was aware of the allegations, he said.

“Until they are substantiated they are just rumour mongering. Things are only just coming out of the woodwork and there is nothing to say they are true.”

Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) confirmed Mitchell Kerr had relinquished his licence and said it was not aware of any investigation by the RIU.

23 minutes ago, Davis said:

As predicted The Press writer and harness hater Martin von Beynon has a feature about Mitchell Kerr. There's not much detail in the story but I am sure there will be follow ups. It's another kick in the guts for our struggling industry.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/123515144/rising-harness-racing-trainer-quits-as-concerns-sent-to-police

No facts just slander from the bottom fielder reporter. 
Good to see Pual say who is stuffing this sport - the RIU needs disbanded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I don't subscribe to the Van Beynen being a harness hater, the industry just gives him dynamite material on a regular basis. Can't blame him for using it.

His Inca coverage was totally gutter press and broke court suspension orders many times - I would think he will answer to defamation cases once it is finally finished.

Worst still he and The Press are feed from inside the sport by jealous under-performers who are just poor horsemen and cannot admit it and blame everyone or something else .  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bad Post 1

48 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

His Inca coverage was totally gutter press and broke court suspension orders many times - I would think he will answer to defamation cases once it is finally finished.

Worst still he and The Press are feed from inside the sport by jealous under-performers who are just poor horsemen and cannot admit it and blame everyone or something else .  

It is actually all self inflicted. The TAB, HRNZ, RIU, horsemen are all in the industry.

You are a good example of the division within the industry whether you see it that way or not.

• Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

Good job Davis, keeping us up-to-date.

So I read it as 2 bubbles - 1 a personal bubble and the other a business bubble.

Hope things in the personal bubble work themselves out for him ideally in a private manner. 

The business bubble, a complaint has been made to RIU and that has been forwarded onto police. Will go 2 ways, either guilty or innocent. The details and subject of the complaint/s are still not yet known to me. 

Certainly not a great look when Mitchell relinquished his license before being charged!

Why does this Martin van Beynon have it in for Harness Racing does anyone know?

I am sure there are many builders, butchers, sparkies etc. that are getting into trouble but nothing written about that as a froup!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Certainly not a great look when Mitchell relinquished his license before being charged!

I am sure there are many builders, butchers, sparkies etc. that are getting into trouble but nothing written about that as a froup!

Because vindictive people in our sport feed him the shit. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Exactly - gutter press by The Press .

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davis said:

As predicted The Press writer and harness hater Martin von Beynon has a feature about Mitchell Kerr. There's not much detail in the story but I am sure there will be follow ups. It's another kick in the guts for our struggling industry.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/123515144/rising-harness-racing-trainer-quits-as-concerns-sent-to-police

Why shoot the messenger. Only one person to blame here is Kerr himself!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bullshit or are they as we suspect asleep in the sulky?

100% bullshit. As was pointed out to me during the week how is it that a trainer can "hand" in his licence one day and all his horses move to a new stable and one of those is then allowed to race the following day. Massive integrity issues here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

The Cummings and goings of this sport really get you worked up don't they Martin.

have you finished your rants in defence of the dodgy ones yet?