Bit Of A Yarn

Davis

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

A real black eye for the entire industry will result. Alas, Problem gambling spirals people's lives 'out of control.'

People should just sign up with BOYS GET PAID to keep it all under control ?

I have got a major gambling problem as well Gamma!

Just can not get a decent bet on!

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Richie said:

I see another more in depth article about Mitchell just released.He really only a con man and deserves to never be given a licence again.

Using gambling addiction as his excuse is no excuse for ripping off mates

Should be given life from harness racing. And probably can expect some time as well from out court system.

Although most of the article wasn't new to me. The most telling bit was when Varcoe said that the family asked him not to do anything about it!

Doing nothing in the past is why he got to where he is now. Mitch has been getting bailed out since his NI days.

I wonder how the klueless one is this morning. Must be a very dark cloud hanging over that place!

• Like 3

I'll betcha $1000 to $1 that he attends Gamblers Anon before his court hearing to try and impress the beak. 

C'mon Kenny give us a song

Altogether now, one two three......

On a warm summer's evening
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us
And he began to speak
He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind my sayin'
I can see you're out of aces
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice"
So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deathly quiet
And his face lost all expression
Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away and NOT RIP OFF YOUR MATES YOU SCUM.

Edited by KickintheKods
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

What do you consider a decent bet?

The Brodster is one of the best punters in NZ, maybe the world. But he was too successful. He put thousands on his carefully chosen value runners. His bank account was overflowing with winnings from his bets. He never lost. He cleaned the TAB out regularly until the TAB said "no more" and banned The Brodster from placing any large bets. Today, he is bitter and angry about this unfair treatment but he still loves harness racing.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Davis said:

The Brodster is one of the best punters in NZ, maybe the world. But he was too successful. He put thousands on his carefully chosen value runners. His bank account was overflowing with winnings from his bets. He never lost. He cleaned the TAB out regularly until the TAB said "no more" and banned The Brodster from placing any large bets. Today, he is bitter and angry about this unfair treatment but he still loves harness racing.

But he still don't say as yet what a big bet is,somehow Davis I think you are telling porkies.

If he has done so well why spend all day here?

Edited by mikeynz
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

But he still don't say as yet what a big bet is,somehow Davis I think you are telling porkies.

I can corroborate that Brodie has been a very successful punter and is restricted because of it.

As for spending time on BOAY well the same question could be asked of anyone who follows social media.

• Like 1

Good that this reporter has posted this info, otherwise it would have continued. 
Harness people are good at covering up shit, luckily some owners spoke up. 
It is hard to feel sorry, been going on for years, if he was serious, he would have stopped way before now, makes his dad look poor as well, only a few weeks back he was saying nothing was wrong? WTF

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mikeynz said:

What do you consider a decent bet?

More than what they want to offer currently, Mike!

Do  not consider TAB Bookies limiting punters to $40 being fair!

They put the odds up let the punters have a chance.

A reasonable bet would be $2k

• Like 1

100% agree, this needed to be presented & exposed.

How many bad apples (trainers) would you say there are/were in industry 2020? Lets just say for argument sake there were 1/2 a dozen or a dozen.

Counted approx 443 trainers 2020.

Of bad apples based on argument sake that would be 1.35% if 6 & with 12 be 2.7%

Wonder what percentage the general public would guessimate that percentage as being … 🤔

14 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Should be given life from harness racing. And probably can expect some time as well from out court system.

Although most of the article wasn't new to me. The most telling bit was when Varcoe said that the family asked him not to do anything about it!

Doing nothing in the past is why he got to where he is now. Mitch has been getting bailed out since his NI days.

I wonder how the klueless one is this morning. Must be a very dark cloud hanging over that place!

Yep, been going on for ages. 
Corka Dream, I wonder what that was sold for a few years back 😙

22 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Another thing Brodie doesn't do is lie mate. When it comes to harness racing he is straight up, some don't like what he says but he tells it straight. He's usually on the money. I am the same. I don't tell "porkies" when it comes to harness racing. I love the sport. I don't think it has a future but I until it dies I will support it. Honestly!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davis said:

Another thing Brodie doesn't do is lie mate. When it comes to harness racing he is straight up, some don't like what he says but he tells it straight. He's usually on the money. I am the same. I don't tell "porkies" when it comes to harness racing. I love the sport. I don't think it has a future but I until it dies I will support it. Honestly!

You don't think it has future,why do you think that?

16 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

You don't think it has future,why do you think that?

Number of reasons. Costs, falling public interest, animal rights. I think the last one will hit hardest. I think it won't be long before racing animals will be frowned upon and banned. Rodeos first, greyhounds will be next (justifiably in my opinion)... horses next??

23 minutes ago, Davis said:

I have been in the game for nearly 40years and when I first started work in a stable an owner told me then it is a dying sport.Its not dying just changing.It will never die just change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davis said:

Number of reasons. Costs, falling public interest, animal rights. I think the last one will hit hardest. I think it won't be long before racing animals will be frowned upon and banned. Rodeos first, greyhounds will be next (justifiably in my opinion)... horses next??

I think you over estimate the power of animal activists.When I was a kid we used to follow the rodeo circuit as my uncle used to ride in the 70s when it was first starting out.Even back then there were probably more activists against rodeo than there is now .The key to surviving is to make subtle changes

• Like 1