Bit Of A Yarn

Hayden Cullen’s stable!!

Brodie

AllStars stable disbanded and now under Hayden Cullen’s control!

Does anyone know if it is going to have any name other than Hayden and his wifes name?

He must have a new set of colours registered? What are they like?

When will his first horses under his name step out?

Interesting times ahead!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

34 Horses transferred from All Stars to Hayden Cullen.  Might be temporary though.

1. Amazing Dream
  2. American Pride
  3. Ashley Locaz
  4. Avana
  5. Bettor Call Me
  6. Bettor Twist
  7. Beyond Words
  8. Chase Auckland
  9. Darling Me
  10. Dream On Me
  11. First Class
  12. Hattie
  13. Indurain
  14. It's All About Faith
  15. Italian Lad
  16. La Reina Del Sur
  17. Maybe
  18. Mr Muscle
  19. Oscar Bonavena
  20. Pace N Pride
  21. Paramount Princess
  22. Picture Me
  23. Regal Attire
  24. Riveered
  25. Rock Legend
  26. Samhara
  27. Self Assured
  28. Shan Noble
  29. Smooth Deal
  30. Spankem
  31. Stag Party
  32. Ultimate Sniper
  33. Wanna Play With Me
  34. What's Your Secret
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

White with a wheel in the middle,  and blood spinning around it?

What is this Blood spinning thing you and Hunter are always on about?

I only have heard it here on BOAY , It must be legal ? Does it help the horses go faster for longer maybe?

Why aren't all the trainers using it then  if that's the case? Don't they want to keep up ?

Sundee's Son trotting pretty quick, maybe could he be blood spinning.

Afterall, Notice the Dunn's one of the only opponents using those UGLY nasal strips slapped on their face. yuck !! (make all these beautiful horses look so bloody ugly IMO )  Trying to keep up with the technology.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I only have heard it here on BOAY , It must be legal ? Does it help the horses go faster for longer maybe?

It involves taking blood from a horse then spinning it to separate and enrich the plasma/platelet portion of the blood - essentially concentrate it.  The platelets are then injected back into the horse mostly near areas of soreness or stress.  It is therapeutic and not performance enhancing.  The platelets contain special cells that promote more platelet production and cells that repair damaged tendons, ligaments and joints.  Many of which don't have their own blood supply.

Developed for the treatment of tendon/ligament damage in humans.

It ISN'T EPO or performance enhancing.  It is expensive therefore some argue that it should be banned because it isn't available to all.  40 years ago I would have used it for a couple of horses we had as it would have helped to get them and keep them sound.

This is the company owned by Mark Purdon that provides this service in Canterbury. http://www.equinebloodsolutions.nz/

Updated-ACS-NZ-Brochure-Veterinary-Use-1.pdf

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Why aren't all the trainers using it then  if that's the case? Don't they want to keep up ?

Sundee's Son trotting pretty quick, maybe could he be blood spinning.

Afterall, Notice the Dunn's one of the only opponents using those UGLY nasal strips slapped on their face. yuck !! (make all these beautiful horses look so bloody ugly IMO )  Trying to keep up with the technology.

I'm not an expert on the bloodspinning so don't know how often it is used. I don't think it is illegal but no doubt expensive treatment so would only be worth giving to G1 horses?  I know that other stables have used the technology. Carabella, a top open class  mare trained by B. Hill, used it, that stable doesn't win too many nowadays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It involves taking blood from a horse then spinning it to separate and enrich the plasma/platelet portion of the blood - essentially concentrate it.  The platelets are then injected back into the horse mostly near areas of soreness or stress.  It is therapeutic and not performance enhancing.  The platelets contain special cells that promote more platelet production and cells that repair damaged tendons, ligaments and joints.  Many of which don't have their own blood supply.

Developed for the treatment of tendon/ligament damage in humans.

It ISN'T EPO or performance enhancing.  It is expensive therefore some argue that it should be banned because it isn't available to all.  40 years ago I would have used it for a couple of horses we had as it would have helped to get them and keep them sound.

This is the company owned by Mark Purdon that provides this service in Canterbury. http://www.equinebloodsolutions.nz/

Thanks Chief, looks quite interesting and complicated !!! And to think I used to just rub AloeVEra tonic on the tendons each day .....  hahaha

Just now, Gammalite said:

Thanks Chief, looks quite interesting and complicated !!! And to think I used to just rub AloeVEra tonic on the tendons each day .....  hahaha

Read the brochure.  The science makes sense.  In simple terms what you are doing is extracting from the blood cells that perform and encourage the body's natural system of repair.  You are concentrating them so giving the natural process a boost and as it is given by injection you can localise the application.  For example the repair of a snapped achilles tendon in a human is slowed by the fact that the tendon doesn't have its own blood supply it relies blood from surrounding tissue to provide the material to enable it to repair itself.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

White with a wheel in the middle,  and blood spinning around it?

Colours for Brodie !! since you can't get a bet on and maybe should RACE a Horse instead !! 

ROYAL BLUE with a big Bat Logo on.     BAT is TAB spelt backwards lol  , since you think they are going backwards...

I think royal Blue is your TAB colour? it's green in QLD

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Colours for Brodie !! since you can't get a bet on and maybe should RACE a Horse instead !! 

ROYAL BLUE with a big Bat Logo on.     BAT is TAB spelt backwards lol  , since you think they are going backwards...

I think royal Blue is your TAB colour? it's green in QLD

Possibly with the TAB logo and 

the letters RP underneath?

Restricted Punter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Noodlum said:

34 Horses transferred from All Stars to Hayden Cullen.  Might be temporary though.

1. Amazing Dream
  2. American Pride
  3. Ashley Locaz
  4. Avana
  5. Bettor Call Me
  6. Bettor Twist
  7. Beyond Words
  8. Chase Auckland
  9. Darling Me
  10. Dream On Me
  11. First Class
  12. Hattie
  13. Indurain
  14. It's All About Faith
  15. Italian Lad
  16. La Reina Del Sur
  17. Maybe
  18. Mr Muscle
  19. Oscar Bonavena
  20. Pace N Pride
  21. Paramount Princess
  22. Picture Me
  23. Regal Attire
  24. Riveered
  25. Rock Legend
  26. Samhara
  27. Self Assured
  28. Shan Noble
  29. Smooth Deal
  30. Spankem
  31. Stag Party
  32. Ultimate Sniper
  33. Wanna Play With Me
  34. What's Your Secret

If one was to look at things from the lighter side of life and sadly there are some who struggle to achieve such basic standards,for a man just taking out a trainers licence it's not a bad team to start off with aye

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

If one was to look at things from the lighter side of life and sadly there are some who struggle to achieve such basic standards,for a man just taking out a trainers licence it's not a bad team to start off with aye

Not bad at all Mikey. I would grab that Number 1 Auckland Cup winner on the list (and Number 3 on list as back-up and maybe The NZ CUP winner) and zip over to Victoria for 2 months and win $ 1/2 mill. !!! 

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Not bad at all Mikey. I would grab that Number 1 Auckland Cup winner on the list (and Number 3 on list as back-up and maybe The NZ CUP winner) and zip over to Victoria for 2 months and win $ 1/2 mill. !!! 

Mind you staying at the level one inherits wont be easy either.

You can take Ashley Locaz off that list, as according to Nathan Purdon he is off to Victoria.

Wouldnt think that 50% of that list will be there in the next 12 months!

Sold, different stable, broken down or needing some supplements!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1