Bit Of A Yarn

Spitfire is fav

Roman

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Been out all day and didn’t see any races but well done to Amber Hoffman and the new owners!

What were the other trainers doing previously has the stipes checked the freeze brand?

Must be something in the Waikouiti water,it produces small miracles.🤠

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

he trained a very good transport chip horse can not remember its name John lemon won a junior drivers race with it .it first ten races in a row in Perth . auburn chip ? 

Looking at some stats,56winners,last season was 2005,I love looking at history but I can't think of that horse though,

Would I be correct that Paul Kerr was there when he had Cadillac Jack?

2 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

yes I think he was.i remember Paul had a horse pizza man it won by 20 lengths at Timaru 

Actually in those days that (Waikouiti)was a perfect central locality,seemed to be a lot of good young races in Southland,seem to be rather scarce these days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Been out all day and didn’t see any races but well done to Amber Hoffman and the new owners!

What were the other trainers doing previously has the stipes checked the freeze brand?

I think that Amber Hoffman is a reasonable trainer mate. She has a fair-sized team racing and wins from time to time. I think she would improve a horse like Spitfire. I would like to see her with better stock because I think she could make her mark as a trainer. I guess that will come if she keeps on producing the winners?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

How is Vigarosa going?

I know it's well and truly paid its way and more just like the spitfire would in her stable.dont forget she took a maiden basically to open class Ellers image or something.she could get the spitfire to finally fire.if I was collecting money from posting the odds I would make the spitfire fav for sure and do what the Aussie bookies do make up bets and say people have put 10k 8k etc.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

$2.90 and been as low as $2.80.  Really brave (not) of the TAB but I suppose they need to get their BGP Quinella promo back somehow!

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

$2.90 and been as low as $2.80.  Really brave (not) of the TAB but I suppose they need to get their BGP Quinella promo back somehow!

It's a 1600 dollar tote pool,I just wonder if people are backing this horse because of his cult following,why don't the TAB have a bet on him not running a place.

• Like 1

Spitty wears like mask now, & ear-plugs locked in. Maybe the trick needed to stop him from breaking.

With mask/plugs he would be an each way chance wouldn’t he? Not ideal at those odds tho actually betting, but for new connections each way chance to get a place or a win stake money for them.

33 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Spitfire fires up today in case anyone had not noticed.

And a $3 dollar favourite,really,better horses in this race formwise.

Actually on recent form it deserves to be rated on top,along with marie long,but that horse has a worse draw than spitfire. So no surprise to see it favorite.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 8:57 PM, hunterthepunter said:

good trainers there years ago Paul Kerr .stu Campbell . stu allcock  

These trainers didnt have water on their properties back then just milk tankers and lots of hose.

Waikouaiti mafia they were called,there was another Father and son training partnership that I have their names on tip of my tongue.But once found out they all basically disappeared .Did Paul  Kerr brother train there too?

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

These trainers didnt have water on their properties back then just milk tankers and lots of hose.

Waikouaiti mafia they were called,there was another Father and son training partnership that I have their names on tip of my tongue.But once found out they all basically disappeared .Did Paul  Kerr brother train there too?

Your not thinking of the Dalgetys they were at Kakanui by the way.

2 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Your not thinking of the Dalgetys they were at Kakanui by the way.

No I can see their faces,I'm sure I will get it by the end of the day.

I actually had a bit to do with them as they transferred a couple of horses to the stable i worked at.

Noel creighton and andrew faulks were good trainers there. 

I remember paul kerr training there.He had some nice horses.

I remember backing one in a maiden trot of 16 horses at wyndham one day. It broke at the start,settled last,but apart from the leader,for some unknown reason the whole field raced 1 off the fence and it gradually went from last to the trail  ,then pulled off the trail at the 400m and won. I also remember being at forbury one night when he had one break a hopple,but it kept pacing and he carried on and won easy.