Bit Of A Yarn

Over The Top Costs.

Just had a friend email me with a whinge about costs getting out of hand in NZ........he mentioned the cost of feed going through the roof, this would explain why the northern cartels training fees are so high, wouldn't it?

He also sent me  the Coles new world weekly brochure, I needed the defibrillator, how do you buggers feed yourselves, never mind your horses, I know wages in NZ are well below Oz, how the hell can you pay 9 bucks. for 450gm beef sausages, non gourmet! and 60 bucks kg for lamb racks? WTF.........good quality beef sausages here 10/12 bucks kg, lamb racks  24 bucks kg.....FFS, he sent me a pic of NW flogging a watermelon for $28!........gouging, it has to be.

We've had a 5 year drought, but you can buy good quality feed and forage at a fraction of the cost of NZ........it just doesn't make sense, it does explain though, certain people driving around in the latest model Merc, BMW and Range Rover up in Moo Loo land, it's a different planet up there obviously.

• Sad 1

Fuel costs, Transport costs, labour costs and the prices our local producers can get overseas at economical volumes.  Add to that the Covid-19 lockdown and the inability to import labour both skilled and cheap.

We are currently living in Fool's Paradise.  The current Government is taking us quickly to hell in a shopping basket.  I've been predicting for over a year now that mid this year the shit will hit the fan.  Fuel prices will have sky rocketed past the high in 2018 and the folly of printing money (QE - Quantitative Easing) will hit home.  Watch inflation go through the roof.

South Island racing will feel the pinch first and what have we done?  Signed up to a high cost model aka a $16m AWT.

I'm picking that the best stables will set up in OZ very soon.  Te Akau for one.  Their systems and local NZ connections and knowledge will work well in OZ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Fuel costs, Transport costs, labour costs and the prices our local producers can get overseas at economical volumes.  Add to that the Covid-19 lockdown and the inability to import labour both skilled and cheap.

We are currently living in Fool's Paradise.  The current Government is taking us quickly to hell in a shopping basket.  I've been predicting for over a year now that mid this year the shit will hit the fan.  Fuel prices will have sky rocketed past the high in 2018 and the folly of printing money (QE - Quantitative Easing) will hit home.  Watch inflation go through the roof.

South Island racing will feel the pinch first and what have we done?  Signed up to a high cost model aka a $16m AWT.

I'm picking that the best stables will set up in OZ very soon.  Te Akau for one.  Their systems and local NZ connections and knowledge will work well in OZ.

Sounds about right.

48 minutes ago, Freda said:

Just came back from the supermarket,  not known for being particularly cheap, but noticed a large watermelon for 8 dollars.

Wouldn't buy it at that...but....

Stand by, I'll send you the pic of the watermelon, NW Devonport.......north shore elite prices, you plebs get a discount!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well it is going to get a whole lot worse.

So how bad was your "life" under National?

It was the same , no worse no better , just like under this govt .

If your life goes up and down depending on who's governing you've got a pretty fragile life , and in the long run , no matter who is in power , if it's that dependent it's going down the shitter .

My wife and i have no kids and always worked , never got anything off any govt , so everything we have got , we got it .

• Champ Post 3

Well it's not as bad as all that . Afterall NZ rates higher than nearly every country in just about everything.

Here's the world rankings and NINE of them are just too Cold !!!! so give me Number 4 anyday !!  lol........

1. Denmark (192.53)
  2. Switzerland (190.92)
  3. Finland (186.40)
  4. Australia (185.03)
  5. Netherlands (184.18)
  6. Austria (181.68)
  7. Iceland (180.74)
  8. New Zealand (178.22)
  9. Germany (177.25)
  10. Estonia (175.99)

The table below has each country’s index score for safety, health care, pollution, climate, and the overall quality of life index score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

From my personal perspective it isnt about supporting a particular party it is about supporting what works.  At the moment NZ'S political party's are just playing the polls. 

Politics world wide is now all about " the cult of personality " , has been for a while .

30 minutes ago, nomates said:

The biggest issue is that a lot of people don't actually want the Hand Ups , just happy to get the Hand Outs with no questions asked .

There is a large " woe is me " mentality around now .

Today, many believe they are entitled and expect the government to provide for them. They expect the "rich pricks" and old white men to pay more tax to fund their taxpayer funded handouts. The present government has exacerbated this because they have bowed to vocal minorities on many occasions. St Jacinda is a communist; she and the likes of Robertson, Little and Woods believe that the state knows best. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

15 minutes ago, Davis said:

Today, many believe they are entitled and expect the government to provide for them. They expect the "rich pricks" and old white men to pay more tax to fund their taxpayer funded handouts. The present government has exacerbated this because they have bowed to vocal minorities on many occasions. St Jacinda is a communist; she and the likes of Robertson, Little and Woods believe that the state knows best. 

I'm fine with the likes of Graeme Hart paying way more....increased wealth 3.5 B during Covid...

Afterall the NZ taxpayer gifted him Government Print to start it all off so a bit of payback would be cool...

Thanks Grey

12 hours ago, Thomass said:

I'm fine with the likes of Graeme Hart paying way more....increased wealth 3.5 B during Covid...

Afterall the NZ taxpayer gifted him Government Print to start it all off so a bit of payback would be cool...

Thanks Grey

Hardly a gift.  It wasn't exactly a profitable business at the time.

He borrowed $12m to buy it - sold it.  Invested elsewhere and is now worth $12 Billion.  I guess he didn't invest in racehorses or All Weather Tracks.

11 hours ago, Davis said:

And what do you think " crusher " and her crew are going to offer them to win back their vote , it will be the same or even more than the " communist " , politicians don't really care about that now as long as it gets them power .

• Haha 1