Bit Of A Yarn

Who Are They Trying To Kid??

Brodie

On 11/04/2021 at 1:23 PM, Basil said:

St Basil?!  I like it Brodie, I like it a lot — a very nice touch indeed. Not exactly on the money, sadly, but well played all the same (although I'm a bit surprised that a self-described capitalist such as yourself would be quoting Mao).

Should I change my posting name accordingly?😄

nice photo basil is that your new cup day outfit rabbit?

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

how do you get disqualified for 8 years when you have never had a high reading ever ? and your well under the limit

I don't know . should be same sentence for one and all for same things. human or horse in my opinion.

WA champion Coulson got 7 years DQ for caffiene 1971 at Addington. he'd won 1000 races. professed his innocence. Coulson went out on crayboat for years. did make small comeback at the end of the 70's. actually drove Gammalite and Pure Steel to some of their wins in the west.

Yet the Dunns in 2017 had 4 horses DQ at Nelson and only got $7000 fine each.????  SHOCKING (in)JUSTICE.

Yes that 8 years you mention is a looooonnnnngggggg time .??????  crazy indeed. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I don't know . should be same sentence for one and all for same things. human or horse in my opinion.

WA champion Coulson got 7 years DQ for caffiene 1971 at Addington. he'd won 1000 races. professed his innocence. Coulson went out on crayboat for years. did make small comeback at the end of the 70's. actually drove Gammalite and Pure Steel to some of their wins in the west.

Yet the Dunns in 2017 had 4 horses DQ at Nelson and only got $7000 fine each.????  SHOCKING (in)JUSTICE.

Yes that 8 years you mention is a looooonnnnngggggg time .??????  crazy indeed. 

It was Dunn's lowly-paid stablehands fault don't you know? 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Davis said:

It was Dunn's lowly-paid stablehands fault don't you know? 🤣🤣

is such a tough one. Do you disqualify a trainer for something the staff do.? horse returns a positive , but WHO(DUNN)IT?

In Phil Coulson's case with Juniors Image DQ , his Christchurch friend Bob McArdle said the stable area has caffiene everywhere like it was sprinkled about from a salt shaker. clearly a set-up against the visiting horse . very sad. but 7 years DQ he got Anyway.

maybe lessons were learned after that harshness of that caffiene sentence? , and leniency given by stewards, if evidence against a wanker worker is given to show who really DUNN(IT)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

her first foal whodunnit

Hehehe , I thought you had put up an Alfred 'Hitchcock' mystery case for us to solve the mystery. lol. like a nobbling of horse or a horse-napping or something lol......

You kiwis are Persistent !!!!  horse WHODUNNIT had 7 wins in career up till a 6 yearold 2004. all good.

THEN, returned as an 8 yearold nearly 2 years later, to get from 23 starts over 15 months, racing at Invercargill to Northland , All to get just 1 x 3rd placing and $1000.  That was a tough grand earned !!  Must of showed a bit at home????? bugger all at the races for the old boy. lol...... 

Persistency pays ? or sometimes not ....

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hehehe , I thought you had put up an Alfred 'Hitchcock' mystery case for us to solve the mystery. lol. like a nobbling of horse or a horse-napping or something lol......

i was chatting with a rather unique chap yesterday and he is adamant nobbling still goes on

PS: I spent some pocket money back in the day buying the Alfred Hitchcock and the 3 Investigators series of paperbacks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

i was chatting with a rather unique chap yesterday and he is adamant nobbling still goes on

PS: I spent some pocket money back in the day buying the Alfred Hitchcock and the 3 Investigators series of paperbacks.

Jupiter , Peter and Bob have solved many a mystery. great investigators. RUI needs them!! lol... maybe with all that training you could be a steward Ranga? easy for you to solve those Mystery race results??

and the nobbling?. such an awful thing. Phar Lap a real tragedy . go that far away to Mexico and see what happens. My dad was in Tassie racing many years . Was very deeply Traumatised by a nobbling when a relative had all 13 of his horses killed by a bitter rival in Tas in the 60's .put Strychnine in his stable oats one night. awful death for those horses. so dad pulled up stumps and went to NZ with some mates, as farrier, with Halwes for the Interdominion at Auckland 1968. wish I was old enough to remember that great horse. They got up to some shenanigans too. 

1 minute ago, Gammalite said:

Jupiter , Peter and Bob have solved many a mystery. great investigators. RUI needs them!! lol... maybe with all that training you could be a steward Ranga? easy for you to solve those Mystery race results??

i reckon i was 1/2 Jupiter Jones and 1/2 Peter Crenshaw

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

I see you guarding the door every year of that tent . heard cannot get in there if there is more than ten strikes of the whip so brodie and me can't go in your tent

Hey I seen that tent ! those boys are seriously good with their hands. no whips allowed.

In the wake of buffoons, or is it a tent? - Culture 2021

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rangatira said:

her first foal whodunnit

Had a brief interest in this horse Whodunnit back in 2004 between Feb and April, prior to purchasing out of a claimer its form line was 1,1 then our 5 starts for a sole 2nd , then claimed back by original owner and back to old trainer and it went 1,1,1 but it did get those last 2 wins DQ'd I see.   

1 hour ago, TheHorseman said:

Had a brief interest in this horse Whodunnit back in 2004 between Feb and April, prior to purchasing out of a claimer its form line was 1,1 then our 5 starts for a sole 2nd , then claimed back by original owner and back to old trainer and it went 1,1,1 but it did get those last 2 wins DQ'd I see.   

true story

it was a pretty brave purchase

brent lilley must have been scratching his head at the time

On 4/9/2021 at 9:37 PM, Brodie said:

You would have to be pretty naive if you still believe that Hayden Cullen is in charge of the Rolleston Stable.

it is a load of baloney, and you can now tell that they are back training without doubt!

Reading Purdon is driving in Geelong on Sat. Not sure I agree with you on this Brods. Listening to Cullen being interviewed on Boxseat, listening to his words, I get the vibe he is the man in charge. Yes Purdon is helping as what has been worded as something of an unofficial stable hand, which I would not think is unusual, if that was the agreement or similar when taking over a business. And the driving, too - helps keeps the owners at stable happy & they know the horses best & both are very good drivers too etc. The owners are big spenders, so they as a handover would want to keep as happy as poss. Also they may have good/great relationships with the owners after a long period, so from a friendship point of view, want the best for everyone. 

I do understand why you maybe skeptical. 

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

On 13/04/2021 at 4:17 PM, hunterthepunter said:

I see you guarding the door every year of that tent . heard cannot get in there if there is more than ten strikes of the whip so brodie and me can't go in your tent

Even Jesus reckoned 39 lashes was alright, King Neil Brady reckonz! any less than 80 is just tickling them!  They need a sole independent panel Just for that rule!

Costs how many nose, 1/2 head decisions?

Basil likes the driver to talk to the  horse and establish if there are any underlying emotional issues contributing to the lack of vigor in the straight.

Nats horses are rollin along with her on the molly md! the horse , nat, mark, hayden gamma all smiling high on life and ectasy and poor old forbs, still toughin it out at the Sally army after several team driving rorts!

Tonights Whippy  Value special! at  Addington  tonight!

SPANNA R10 no 5.

All quaddies and trebles Brodster and $3.90 plc ok,  Ring the bookies and tell them Whippy! said it was OK, no restrictions on the place for you but ring them for the win ok. I think we on and in the money this time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4