Bit Of A Yarn

Who Are They Trying To Kid??

Brodie

Just now, the galah said:

Exaggerating what i have said there chief. "Painting Rasmussen as some mega drug baron pushing drugs to every teenager in canterbury is a bit of a stretch'. ..pretty sure i have said nothing like that,but your response to me makes me chuckle.

So why make the inferences and innuendo that you have whereby you imply that someone like Rasmussen "that can supply performance enhancing drugs (what quantity or to whom we don't know) to humans would have no hesitation to do it to horses"?  For the latter you have no evidence what's more the evidence gained by the Police for the Class B drug charges was obtained during an investigation initiated by the RIU for something entirely different.  If that hadn't have happened none of us would have been any the wiser that some harness participants consume party pills like thousands upon thousands of others in this country.

Don't forget the RIU found zero evidence for what they were initially looking for.  The rest has been an arse and face saving exercise.  Thankfully we are about to see major changes made to how the RIU operates and I hope that the rotten wood is exorcised.  

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, the galah said:

Exaggerating what i have said there chief. "Painting Rasmussen as some mega drug baron pushing drugs to every teenager in canterbury is a bit of a stretch'. ..pretty sure i have said nothing like that,but your response to me makes me chuckle.

Oh Noooo,  I gotta get me a new Idol. That doesn't sound great about Nat. I'm thinking Maria Sharapova. 

never married .tick. worth millions.tick. 5 x  Grand Slam Tennis wins .tick ( that's just like Nat's 5 Interdominions) very sporty so should be able to drive harness ok. tick. .......

oh Nooooo. 2 years out for a drug 2016 !!!  and forced to retire last year !!!   I can't win.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, the galah said:

Didn't craig cross take over when belinda mccarthy was disqualified for 1 year in 2016/2017. Then didn't she take back over this year because cross was struggling with a leg injury. More to it than you say although i don't really follow australia much.

Vicki rasmussen. Didn't she get disqualified as the result of her 2nd positive in 7 months in 2015 for having arsenic in the horses system,but then like several trainers there and here,including dixon, got the arsenic charges squashed as they decided there was a possibility they had got it from eating fence posts or wood chips. Seemed at the time all the good trainers horses ate fence posts,but the less successful didn't. Tim butt was left lamenting the eating fence post defence not flying in 2012.

must ate a lot of fence posts heard gold pine ran out of posts

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, the galah said:

Rubbish - you stated P.  No P use or supply is associated with the Inca trawl - the matter is so minor.

Our PM wants all recreational drug use to be treated lightly by the police but you know better . Look at Med school, law school , Vet school and open your eyes to modern society.

I think you might find out it is Class C - less harmful/ affect than a light beer .

Withdraw the P statement as it is defamatory - not factual !!

Edited by LongOwner

6 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Rubbish - you stated P.  

Hey Longowner

You are savaging the wrong poster here. Galahs did not say this. Perhaps check this thread again. Saying this in a nice voice.

I find people often do this to Galahs, not sure why, put words in his mouth. I find it weird. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Rubbish - you stated P.  No P use or supply is associated with the Inca trawl - the matter is so minor.

Our PM wants all recreational drug use to be treated lightly by the police but you know better . Look at Med school, law school , Vet school and open your eyes to modern society.

I think you might find out it is Class C - less harmful/ affect than a light beer .

Are you and the chief stipe brothers? You make up i said something that i never did,then criticize me for it. You need to realize that occasionally the chief will get annoyed with my opinion and starts grossly exaggerating what i have said.

You have been quiet on this site recently,nice to see you posting again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Are you and the chief stipe brothers? You make up i said something that i never did

Do you think it is because you rarely say anything clearly but instead talk in riddles, inferences, innuendo and supposition?

For example did you or did you not postulate that because the person of interest has allegedly supplied recreational drugs to humans that it must follow that that person would have no issue with using performance enhancing drugs on their horses?

Yes it wasn't you that referred to P as being the drug in question.  However it would be fair to say you knew it wasn't and didn't attempt to correct that either but were quick to follow through on the general tenor of that poster.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Do you think it is because you rarely say anything clearly but instead talk in riddles, inferences, innuendo and supposition?

For example did you or did you not postulate that because the person of interest has allegedly supplied recreational drugs to humans that it must follow that that person would have no issue with using performance enhancing drugs on their horses?

Suppositon i think best describes what i have said. It makes perfect sense to me,thats why i have no problem saying it. And of course i have also expressed,much to your annoyance,the opinion that from my observations,the cullen stable no longer has the "run forever" asset.  Each of those hand in hand.   

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes it wasn't you that referred to P as being the drug in question.  However it would be fair to say you knew it wasn't and didn't attempt to correct that either but were quick to follow through on the general tenor of that poster.

Sounds like you want me to second guess what everyone else is thinking. It was you that suggested i may be referring to p,despite myself,or no one else previously having ever mentioned it as far as inca goes. How can i deny i said something if i don't know what it is i am denying, because i've never said or thought it.Theres a riddle for you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

Suppositon i think best describes what i have said. It makes perfect sense to me,thats why i have no problem saying it. And of course i have also expressed,much to your annoyance,the opinion that from my observations,the cullen stable no longer has the "run forever" asset.  Each of those hand in hand.   

But you have no proof or evidence to back up your supposition.  Even your Cullen "run forever" doesn't stack up statistically!  Mind you if it was correct that would put paid to the Purdon and Rasmussen theory that they are still involved!

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

Sounds like you want me to second guess what everyone else is thinking. It was you that suggested i may be referring to p,despite myself,or no one else previously having ever mentioned it as far as inca goes. How can i deny i said something if i don't know what it is i am denying, because i've never said or thought it.Theres a riddle for you.

Have you read all the posts in this Topic and one in the past that was on the Class B subject?

One poster specifically mentioned P which was quickly pointed out as being incorrect.  At no point did I "suggest" you said it.  However consistently I have taken issue with you inferring that because someone has done A then they must be doing B.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

the person of interest has allegedly supplied recreational drugs to humans that it must follow that that person would have no issue with using performance enhancing drugs on their horses?

Chris Waller was very lucky in 2016 to NOT be disqualified. A random check (sample) from 60 staff resulted in 15 irregularities.!!!

that's 1/4 of the staff tested. wow. can't get good staff these days. Waller was fined $30,000 and "Betcha Flying " DQed from a 2nd placing in a race from Methamphetamine positive. (is probably why they were testing staff. ) 3 of the 15 'irregularities' were ICE , including the trackwork rider of "Betcha Flying". 

one staff member had cocaine in system. one staff member sacked, 2 suspended and one 'resigned'. just shows cross contamination to the horse can happen , when in close contact. (although you would think administration must of been deliberate)

Probably best not to work around horses , with anything in your system (ask Blair) , things could go pear-shaped quite badly.

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Probably best not to work around horses , with anything in your system (ask Blair) , things could go pear-shaped quite badly.

That would eliminate most of the population.  There have been cases of positives to prescribed human medicines resulting in horse disqualifications.  That in my opinion (which I've written about at length elsewhere) is going to be a growing problem with enhanced testing techniques and ludicrous zero tolerance levels for horses.

A recent morphine disqualification being a case in point.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That would eliminate most of the population.

I would like to think only a very TINY percentage of population would be 'exceeding limits' on the road , or to themselves , or administering to a horse any substance exceeding limits whatsoever.

Most people have common sense , and No When to Stop. (even Blair now too probably) recreational drug use is a poor thing to do around horses. You have to be razor sharp and focused , during most horse activities , and usually you are being paid by someone to be responsible , and do your job properly (and in good coherence lol..) 

I guess it comes down to for Nat Rasmussen either using or selling which is much more serious. digressing.

With the morphine TeAkau DQ, and the Ice for Waller DQ , and the Robert and John Dunn caffeine 2018 at Nelson DQ. Action WAS taken by stewards as WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE TO believe about 'Rogue' Stableworkers??????.

The rule states a Trainer is responsible for a horse at the Races and responsible for presenting substance FREE.

Yes the testing Is more sensitive as you say Chief , But a Negative SHOULD BE ACHIEVABLE ??? most can do it lol...........

Any queries with staff should be WELL ADDRESSED by a decent (i.e bigtime) trainer Before the horse gets to races.

Stables need to be able to Trust their staff . I was SHocked with capital SH with Waller having 15 out 60 staff irregularities. lol......

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Yes the testing Is more sensitive as you say Chief , But a Negative SHOULD BE ACHIEVABLE ??? most can do it lol...........

Any queries with staff should be WELL ADDRESSED by a decent (i.e bigtime) trainer Before the horse gets to races

You miss the point Gammalite as most do.  When is zero actually zero?  Should there be thresholds?  The testing is so sensitive that an absolute zero would result in more positives at levels that have no therapeutic nor performance enhancing effect.  Subsequently we end up with situations where the penalty far outweighs the perceived crime.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You miss the point Gammalite as most do.  When is zero actually zero?  Should there be thresholds?  The testing is so sensitive that an absolute zero would result in more positives at levels that have no therapeutic nor performance enhancing effect.  Subsequently we end up with situations where the penalty far outweighs the perceived crime.

Sorry Chief I didn't mean to miss point. Mine was that stable staff are causing issues and trainers should be more wary of more involved with who they employ.

Yes , to your questions . There are a thousand drugs you could use. some have zero level allowed. ICE would be one I think.

Caffiene ,being from the heart stimulant family , has a threshold in performance horses. Dunn's DQ runners must of been over the threshold 2018.  everyone knows the Bicarb levels by now, and milkshakes not allowed anyway , to stop lactic build up.

Morphine , I do APOLOGISE as was thinking it must of been administered, as worked at Vet for a good while after harness and it is a very Strong Opioid that is used for pain relief , mainly pre, during and post surgery. and being S8 narcotic is registered for use by a vet only. wasn't thinking of feed contamination 

Very surprising to me of any use in racehorse. It numbs the sensory receptors so you feel LESS . esp Pain. But wouldn't a numbed horse actually perform poorly as opposed to better?? we slowed many animals up a bit at vets with morphine. digress.

TeAkau was a feed related issue from poppy hay? not from rogue staff. Waller had 3 DQ's with contaminated feed in 2013 as well. It's a very tricky one for stewards to ascertain blame too. Posts and rails have been discussed too !! bloody hungry horses !!lol......

But horse CANNOT keep the race and trainer is responsible still if in the swab. 

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Here is an example of "fun" things you can do when not working in the stable.  Also proof that Mark Purdon ISN'T full time working in the Cullen stable.

Purdon always attended the Oz sales other years Chief.

They may well nkt be spending as much time at the Stables that they used to!

Reality is that not much has changed and Cullen is just the name in the racebook as trainer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Cullen is just the name in the racebook as trainer

And good on him for having a crack too. !!!  (and his wife helping)

All the 2 year old's going gangbusters in His name! . First 4 last Friday Addington too. paid $130. should of been on it?.

Yeah Krug is cleaning up the three year old's , but he (Krug) has always been good?. and Christen Me did Allstar 'damage' as well from that stable? , so they aren't too shabby. lol......

Nothing changed you say? . excellent then !!. Let's enjoy Triangles instead of 'stars' in our dreams. Amazing Dreams. 

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Sorry Chief I didn't mean to miss point. Mine was that stable staff are causing issues and trainers should be more wary of more involved with who they employ.

Yes , to your questions . There are a thousand drugs you could use. some have zero level allowed. ICE would be one I think.

Caffiene ,being from the heart stimulant family , has a threshold in performance horses. Dunn's DQ runners must of been over the threshold 2018.  everyone knows the Bicarb levels by now, and milkshakes not allowed anyway , to stop lactic build up.

Morphine , I do APOLOGISE as was thinking it must of been administered, as worked at Vet for a good while after harness and it is a very Strong Opioid that is used for pain relief , mainly pre, during and post surgery. and being S8 narcotic is registered for use by a vet only. wasn't thinking of feed contamination 

Very surprising to me of any use in racehorse. It numbs the sensory receptors so you feel LESS . esp Pain. But wouldn't a numbed horse actually perform poorly as opposed to better?? we slowed many animals up a bit at vets with morphine. digress.

TeAkau was a feed related issue from poppy hay? not from rogue staff. Waller had 3 DQ's with contaminated feed in 2013 as well. It's a very tricky one for stewards to ascertain blame too. Posts and rails have been discussed too !! bloody hungry horses !!lol......

But horse CANNOT keep the race and trainer is responsible still if in the swab. 

Do you realise the Caffeine level/threshold for horses is about a third - half what an athlete can have in their system in the Olympic 100 metres .

Horse body mass is a least 5 times a human so should the horse permitted level be 5 times the human athlete level ?

A nonsense level for horses and the punishment totally outweighs the crime . An energy drink spill  in the feed bin puts you over.

These impractical thresholds cause the sport unwarranted bad news - realistic levels would help.

Did you know for years and years the thoroughbred racing bi carb level was at a permitted level far higher than harness - why - maybe they have a realistic management program and more sympathetic press than us  . Now the bi carb level the same for both codes  .

Caffine level, cobalt and others need a review or my blood pressure medication will cause a positive .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Do you realise the Caffeine level/threshold for horses is about a third - half what an athlete can have in their system in the Olympic 100 metres .

Horse body mass is a least 5 times a human so should the horse permitted level be 5 times the human athlete level ?

A nonsense level for horses and the punishment totally outweighs the crime . An energy drink spill  in the feed bin puts you over.

These impractical thresholds cause the sport unwarranted bad news - realistic levels would help.

Did you know for years and years the thoroughbred racing bi carb level was at a permitted level far higher than harness - why - maybe they have a realistic management program and more sympathetic press than us  . Now the bi carb level the same for both codes  .

Caffine level, cobalt and others need a review or my blood pressure medication will cause a positive .

Very important for trainers to know the levels. You are saying exactly as Chief does 'Not happy with Thresholds'  Fair enough.

You obviously have to have them or you know what happens......

Champion West Australian horseman Phil Coulson got Seven years for Caffeine winning the 1971 Interdominon Final at Addington with Junior's Image.

seven years !! and professed his innocence to his dying day. Now that was a sensational punishment!!!!. and a huge story then (and now)

Leading QLD trainer Darrel Graham, just back from year off cobalt threshold exceeded. Insists it was horse chewing rail or post. 

Bicarb levels have adjusted and changed over the years, to stop the milkshakes , etc..... so  progression is made. level playing fields achieved.

We have to rely on the scientists to set 'realistic thresholds' as you and Chief are asking for. There is NO OTHER possible solution.

• Like 2