Bit Of A Yarn

Who Are They Trying To Kid??

Brodie

25 minutes ago, $ BILL said:

Supplying P, is that ok with you ? and is P a recreational drug, you are deluded. Very fortunate that this is your site as I am sure you would not be taken seriously in the real world.  You also choose to ignore the first part of my post. Please respond to that. You have zero response and your b/s informant knows as much as you do. Zip. I think this would be a good time to leave this site, please remove me/ block me as I think with your opinions are quite deluded.

She was charged with Class B drug offences.  Class B does NOT include P!!!!!  Where is the evidence that she was supply Methamphetamine aka P?  None that I know of but I'm happy to be corrected.  BOAY did debate this at length at the time the charges were released.  For your information Class B are defined as the following:

• Class B (high risk): cannabis oil, hashish, morphine, opium, ecstasy and many amphetamine-type substances

As for you inferring that she was "warned off in an industry friendly way" well that doesn't add up based on the evidence from last night does it?  

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Do not agree Chief.

If they wanted more of a relaxed lifestyle why did the stable change over to Hayden Cullen?

Why didnt they just leave the stable as the AllStars and had Hayden Cullen as stable foreman?

They havent left the stable at all and nothing has changed at all except the colours which weren’t going to be originally.

Not sure about conspiracy theories but it is a load of bollacks that Purdon/Rasmussen has handed over the reigns to Cullen!!!

Brodie - Purdon and Rasmussen are doing exactly what they said they would do in their press statement.  Do you know what they are doing at the stables?  Sure they are driving in the big races just like they said they would.  Geez would be a bit silly of Cullen not to utilise two of the best drivers in the country wouldn't it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If they wanted more of a relaxed lifestyle why did the stable change over to Hayden Cullen?

Why didnt they just leave the stable as the AllStars and had Hayden Cullen as stable foreman?

I think Davis gave you the answer already Brodie , that you acknowedged . They always planned to be around for the feature Easter carnival and NZ Derby. What the hell is wrong with that?   and vacation after that.

Handing the control over gave Cullen a chance to promote the 2 yearolds in HIS NAME recently. Very good of them .

great Planning. !!!

I would think 'After the Jewels BIG Day' coming up soon, and with Australian borders now open again , and with your horrid Canterbury winters , you won't see them for dust during Winter.? you are being impatient to get rid of them ? everyone loves a Champion .....lol.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Brodie - Purdon and Rasmussen are doing exactly what they said they would do in their press statement.  Do you know what they are doing at the stables?  Sure they are driving in the big races just like they said they would.  Geez would be a bit silly of Cullen not to utilise two of the best drivers in the country wouldn't it?

Do I know what they are doing at the stables?

I have a pretty good idea!

It all seems a very very strange setup indeed.

If they were wan ting to take things easy and step back a bit, then why did they just not set up a partnership with Cullen??????????

10 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I think Davis gave you the answer already Brodie , that you acknowedged . They always planned to be around for the feature Easter carnival and NZ Derby. What the hell is wrong with that?   and vacation after that.

Handing the control over gave Cullen a chance to promote the 2 yearolds in HIS NAME recently. Very good of them .

great Planning. !!!

I would think 'After the Jewels BIG Day' coming up soon, and with Australian borders now open again , and with your horrid Canterbury winters , you won't see them for dust during Winter.? you are being impatient to get rid of them ? everyone loves a Champion .....lol.....

Lets just see what happens going forward!

Why did they announce this socalled handing over to Cullen if they were going to be around as much as they are?

Some people will believe anything, just look at the followers of Ardern!!!

People hang on every word and every decision and het this is the most inept government that NZ has ever had without doubt!

Not a single success with anything they campaigned on!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I have a pretty good idea!

Come on Brodie how would you have any idea of the day to day management of Cullen's stables?

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If they were wan ting to take things easy and step back a bit, then why did they just not set up a partnership with Cullen??????????

Compared to what they WERE doing what they are doing now is substantially less.  Plus the arrangements that they have set up they clearly outlined publicly.  No secret squirrels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why did they announce this socalled handing over to Cullen if they were going to be around as much as they are?

People hang on every word and every decision and het this is the most inept government that NZ has ever had without doubt!

Bad luck with the government there by sound of it. guess the next election is a chance to fix the problems?

Look at bright side too Brodie. Mr Cullen might be collecting some handsome training fees and percentages currently. ? excellent.

I would think All the 2 yearolds starting off in Cullens name , was an important part of the EARLY handover you are worried about.

New Years Day was picked as a start Point for Haydens career ??? seems good as any other time. Would of been best in Australia , as that is our NEW SEASON date now. And you can bet that will come in in NZ eventually as well. way better for the 2 year olds.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What and still do all the bookwork and keep ringing trainers etc . I dont think Brodie has any idea of how much work it is to run a busy stable or the need to get away from it all when the opportunity arises

Edited by Nowornever
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

What and still do all the bookwork and keep ringing trainers etc . I dont think Brodie has any idea of how much work it is to run a busy stable or the need to get away from it all when the opportunity arises

For sure !! 7 days. dawn to dusk. when not dealing with the horses through day and night, staff and owners fill all the gaps !!

The leading Australia stable 'McCarthys' saw them putting the horses in the stable farriers name as trainer , for quite a time , to take the pressure off a bit. Belinda is back now after sabbatical. At least Cross was / is a 'Hands On' trainer ? lol..... gets a good look at the horses. wonder if Craig Cross will go out on his own one of these days. ? 

15 hours ago, Gammalite said:

For sure !! 7 days. dawn to dusk. when not dealing with the horses through day and night, staff and owners fill all the gaps !!

The leading Australia stable 'McCarthys' saw them putting the horses in the stable farriers name as trainer , for quite a time , to take the pressure off a bit. Belinda is back now after sabbatical. At least Cross was / is a 'Hands On' trainer ? lol..... gets a good look at the horses. wonder if Craig Cross will go out on his own one of these days. ? 

Interesting the way you describe the reason for the change of trainers at the mccarthy stables.At one point did they not transfer their horses to others when they ran out of family members who had not had positives,or was that just my imagination? Is that what you call a sabitical?

Lets be honest. The reason their was a negative perception from some as relates to purdon/rasmussen run all star stable,was because many thought they had an unfair advantage over everyone,and weren't competing on a level playing field. Thats it,thats the reason. lets be honest about it. Depends which side of the fence you see it from,but peoples opinions won't change. People on both sides of the fence admire their skills and abilities,but that doesn't change the former. History shows authorities have not shown they were doing anything illegal,but opinions are opinions. 

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

She was charged with Class B drug offences.  Class B does NOT include P!!!!!  Where is the evidence that she was supply Methamphetamine aka P?  None that I know of but I'm happy to be corrected.  BOAY did debate this at length at the time the charges were released.  For your information Class B are defined as the following:

• Class B (high risk): cannabis oil, hashish, morphine, opium, ecstasy and many amphetamine-type substances

As for you inferring that she was "warned off in an industry friendly way" well that doesn't add up based on the evidence from last night does it?  

As i have said. I am of the opinion that if you have a mindset that thinks it ok to give humans performance enhancers,why would you consider it wrong to give horses them. Your arguing that horses are more sacrosanct in the mind of a supplier than humans. Is that the mindset you use to rationalise your argument.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Come on Brodie how would you have any idea of the day to day management of Cullen's stables?

he is just making it up as it suits his current vitriol toward elmer and the lovely natalie

lot of egg on the bitter and twisted brodsters face when it comes to the all stars

• Bad Post 1

26 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

he is just making it up as it suits his current vitriol toward elmer and the lovely natalie

lot of egg on the bitter and twisted brodsters face when it comes to the all stars

Ranga, it doesn’t affect me really as I don’t punt  much nowadays.

Didnt do the punting for financial reasons, don’t need to .

Brodie prerogative to point out truths and whether you agree with them is your prerogative.

Aa for egg on the face, not sure about that but if it makes you happy then so be it!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, the galah said:

nteresting the way you describe the reason for the change of trainers at the mccarthy stables.At one point did they not transfer their horses to others when they ran out of family members who had not had positives,or was that just my imagination? Is that what you call a sabitical?

Belinda was a group 1 trainer for many years . Just like Allstars the McCarthy's were high quality from the start. Andrew became a top driver here in Qld , now in USA. third brother Todd (Interdominion winning driver with Tiger Tara) also became best in Syd , now like Dexter Dunn , is a star in the USA. geeez I hate they all went there, leaves our countries short of the cream? 

NZer farrier Craig Cross the Cobbity Farm honour as NEW Trainer as Belinda got a positive in 2013. forced sabatical for a year ??

but had longer off , maybe kids ? not really sure. good sabatical. now back this year and won Miracle Mile already ? hot stuff.

Also Vicki Rasmussen got a Year Off here in QLD. horse that a DQ former horseman put 3k on, handed the lead by a horse trained by her. simple as that.?? goodbye Vicki for a year.

Stewards don't muck around here. Out you go as soon as out of line. Trista did a year as well. Grant Dixons wife pulled slightly to one side and let Grant through to win. Stewards do the job , no matter who it is. (she had a baby during her sabatical) lol...

Are the Stewards there weak ? I didn't think so. surely surely surely they would take action if anything 'Out of Order" with Mark's stable (or anyone elses) I just assume they are champions of the sport, and all is level and fine. (until convicted of something)

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Belinda was a group 1 trainer for many years . Just like Allstars the McCarthy's were high quality from the start. Andrew became a top driver here in Qld , now in USA. third brother Todd (Interdominion winning driver with Tiger Tara) also became best in Syd , now like Dexter Dunn , is a star in the USA. geeez I hate they all went there, leaves our countries short of the cream? 

NZer farrier Craig Cross the Cobbity Farm honour as NEW Trainer as Belinda got a positive in 2013. forced sabatical for a year ??

but had longer off , maybe kids ? not really sure. good sabatical. now back this year and won Miracle Mile already ? hot stuff.

Also Vicki Rasmussen got a Year Off here in QLD. horse that a DQ former horseman put 3k on, handed the lead by a horse trained by her. simple as that.?? goodbye Vicki for a year.

Stewards don't muck around here. Out you go as soon as out of line. Trista did a year as well. Grant Dixons wife pulled slightly to one side and let Grant through to win. Stewards do the job , no matter who it is. (she had a baby during her sabatical) lol...

Are the Stewards there weak ? I didn't think so. surely surely surely they would take action if anything 'Out of Order" with Mark's stable (or anyone elses) I just assume they are champions of the sport, and all is level and fine. (until convicted of something)

Didn't craig cross take over when belinda mccarthy was disqualified for 1 year in 2016/2017. Then didn't she take back over this year because cross was struggling with a leg injury. More to it than you say although i don't really follow australia much.

Vicki rasmussen. Didn't she get disqualified as the result of her 2nd positive in 7 months in 2015 for having arsenic in the horses system,but then like several trainers there and here,including dixon, got the arsenic charges squashed as they decided there was a possibility they had got it from eating fence posts or wood chips. Seemed at the time all the good trainers horses ate fence posts,but the less successful didn't. Tim butt was left lamenting the eating fence post defence not flying in 2012.

Edited by the galah

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

I think Purdon is more honest than Ardern mate. She has broken promises and lies galore... so not a fair comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Do not agree Chief.

They havent left the stable at all and nothing has changed at all except the colours which weren’t going to be originally.

Not sure about conspiracy theories but it is a load of bollacks that Purdon/Rasmussen has handed over the reigns to Cullen!!!

You're wrong Brodie.They said right from the start they will be there to advise and help and that is exactly what they are doing.Prove me wrong Wayne.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think Purdon is more honest than Ardern mate. She has broken promises and lies galore... so not a fair comparison. 

As opposed to Key and the last 3,about to become 4,leaders National have had the last few years

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Didn't craig cross take over when belinda mccarthy was disqualified for 1 year in 2016/2017. Then didn't she take back over this year because cross was struggling with a leg injury. More to it than you say although i don't really follow australia much.

Vicki rasmussen. Didn't she get disqualified as the result of her 2nd positive in 7 months in 2015 for having arsenic in the horses system,but then like several trainers there and here,including dixon, got the arsenic charges squashed as they decided there was a possibility they had got it from eating fence posts or wood chips. Seemed at the time all the good trainers horses ate fence posts,but the less successful didn't. Tim butt was left lamenting the eating fence post defence not flying in 2012.

Charges that get quashed are not relevant. Vicki did get DQ on the very serious Match fixing charge however. very sad.

Regarding posts and rails, a Leading Trainer here Darrel Graham, just did a year DQ as well very recently, from excess Cobalt levels from horses chewing posts and didn't get off unfortunately. very sad. some leading Aussie galloping trainers O'Brien and Kavanagh got off their cobalt charges (big dollar lawyers help)

The 'Naming the actualTrainer' Merry-Go Round is a total joke , as you say . (Australia) The NZ trainers so much 'more honest' over the years !!! The actual people training are named ! how good. Mark has had other training partners (inc Nat), even Barry Purdon , heaps of them. Even this very year Fantastic NZ horseman and near leading Aus trainer Anthony Butt, actually puts his fiancee Sonya on the training ticket because she is doing some training , and /or a huge part of his organisation. fabulous they do that . 

The whole Craig Cross/ McCarthy thing is so phoney in it's realism . In Queensland Pete Mcmullen stable is a near front runner, but operates in his wife Chantel Turpin name?? .great horsepeople. but how bad is that? No integrity when a trainer is driving a runner for another trainer, while the horse he actually trains, is driven by his wife??????  A total joke for Honesty and Integrity. Very 'serious flaw' in my opinion, as stinks of corruption, when things like that happen. His grandad 'Hollywood John' must turn in his grave.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 9:29 AM, Brodie said:

Restrictions on Saint Basil would be a great leap forward!

St Basil?!  I like it Brodie, I like it a lot — a very nice touch indeed. Not exactly on the money, sadly, but well played all the same (although I'm a bit surprised that a self-described capitalist such as yourself would be quoting Mao).

Should I change my posting name accordingly?😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

Your arguing that horses are more sacrosanct in the mind of a supplier than humans. Is that the mindset you use to rationalise your argument.

Humans have a choice horse's don't.

I'm not arguing anything is sacrosanct.  I only pointed out the Natalie was NOT charged for supplying P but for recreational dugs.

You are naive if you don't realise that there probably are very few concerts or parties in NZ that don't have E or canabis floating around.

Where I take exception is when people pull the holier than thou card and single out harness workers or, as in your case, infer that because someone has been caught that they must be giving something to their horses as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Humans have a choice horse's don't.

I'm not arguing anything is sacrosanct.  I only pointed out the Natalie was NOT charged for supplying P but for recreational dugs.

You are naive if you don't realise that there probably are very few concerts or parties in NZ that don't have E or canabis floating around.

Where I take exception is when people pull the holier than thou card and single out harness workers or, as in your case, infer that because someone has been caught that they must be giving something to their horses as well.

Holier than thou. Well its just common sense to me to suggest there is a strong possibility anyone who thinks its o.k. to supply illegal performance enhancing drugs to people may think they could do the same to a horse if they didn't think they would get caught. 

You calling me naive about people using mdma is a bit strange. I don't know who you've interacted with,but over the years i've spoken to hundreds who use mdma,cannabis or p. The difference i found was most are quite happy to talk about their use of mdma or cannabis,but people don't like others knowing if they are on p.

47 minutes ago, the galah said:

You calling me naive about people using mdma is a bit strange. I don't know who you've interacted with,but over the years i've spoken to hundreds who use mdma,cannabis or p. The difference i found was most are quite happy to talk about their use of mdma or cannabis,but people don't like others knowing if they are on p.

P is a Class A drug.  MDMA, Cannabis and E are not.  Rasmussen was not charged with having or supplying P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Holier than thou. Well its just common sense to me to suggest there is a strong possibility anyone who thinks its o.k. to supply illegal performance enhancing drugs to people may think they could do the same to a horse if they didn't think they would get caught. 

Bollocks Galah.  It isn't common sense at all to extrapolate from one to the other as you and others have done.

I don't know what quantity was involved and/or if the supply charge was related to an intercepted conversation where the individual concerned had offered it to someone else.    But painting Rasmussen as some mega drug baron pushing drugs to every teenager in Canterbury is a bit of stretch.

I also don't know what the outcome of the charges was.

Do you?  Anderson had his possession and supply charges (for ecstasy) discharged without conviction.  I wouldn't have expected Rasmussen to have been treated any differently.

As for supplying performance enhancing drugs to a horse it is obvious you have no confidence in the RIU's ability to detect illegal drug use in horses.

All you are doing Galah is saying "look there is some smoke there must be one helluva fire in that stable"!  With not proof whatsoever.

• Like 1