Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Miles??

Brodie

1 hour ago, Unhinged said:

Tote poll for the day approximately 700 thousand , not sure where you get your 10k from, maybe just do a bit of homework,  clearly not on the money today.

Tote pool 700k so fixed odds therefore $400k!

What was the course turnover do you know?

Do you know what the tote pools were for win and place at all?

How am I to do some homework so that I am able to get accurate figures to quantify what the win and place pools actually were yesterday.

Addington tote win and place pools have significantly decreased to what they used to be!

Look forward to your reply Unhinged.

• Bad Post 1

Obviously speaking to someone talking out of their arse, turnovers have been very good again not on the money today Mr Brodie. 

Lol if they are talking out of their arse then I suggest they need to employ different staff Unhinged.

If as you suggest that harness turnover is increasing then we can clearly look forward to our owners horses racing for far more than $8k in the future????

Love to see the figures from this $1.1million turnover day broken down.

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

what year are you using for your "used to be"

can you please post those figures as a starting point

look forward to your reply brodster

Probably before fixed odds but at the same time less people go to the races since television 

• Like 1

Probably before fixed odds but at the same time less people go to the races since television 

We have no idea as to how much is being offloaded on fixed odds at meetings as we are not shown this!

What I do know is that the TAB are severely affecting their turnover due to the pathetic amounts they are prepared to accept from punters!

How about they be more transparent and advertise what bet amounts are being wagered.

I personally would not consider the TAB is being KIND in thinking that $200 is a large amount for a punter to win.

What Bookmaker thinks that the pathetic amount of $200 is worth a punter bothering

• Bad Post 1

52 minutes ago, Brodie said:

How about they be more transparent and advertise what bet amounts are being wagered.

$50 Bet Wins $4,050
Maitland Greyhounds, 30 March

Race 9: FFWIN - 4 Phoenix Of Fire @ $81

$50 Multi Wins $10,332
Awapuni Races, 3 April

Race 8: FFWIN - 1 Shadows Cast @ $21.00
Race 10: FFWIN - 2 Langkawi @ $12.00

$50 Bet Wins $3,550
Sandown Greyhounds, March 26

Race 6: FFWIN - 5 Wedding Or Baby @ $71 

12 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

$50 Bet Wins $4,050
Maitland Greyhounds, 30 March

Race 9: FFWIN - 4 Phoenix Of Fire @ $81

$50 Multi Wins $10,332
Awapuni Races, 3 April

Race 8: FFWIN - 1 Shadows Cast @ $21.00
Race 10: FFWIN - 2 Langkawi @ $12.00

$50 Bet Wins $3,550
Sandown Greyhounds, March 26

Race 6: FFWIN - 5 Wedding Or Baby @ $71 

What is that meant to mean?

Want to see the amount they are taking and big bets they are accepting

ballsy or drunk

$3 Multi Wins $2,511

NRL: Manly Sea Eagles v Penrith Panthers: Points Start (a) - Penrith Panthers (-38.5) @ $6.00
NRL: Canterbury Bulldogs v South Sydney Rabbitohs: Points Start (a) - South Sydney Rabbitohs (-36.5) @ $4.50
Super Rugby Aotearoa: Crusaders v Highlanders: Winning Team & Margin - Highlanders to win by 13 + @ $31.00

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

some of their published/advertised bets

check out the punters lounge

Personally dont give a rats about small bets at big odds!

Want to see what big bets that they are actually  taking!

When they are not accepting bets from certain punters it is blatant BS!

• Bad Post 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally dont give a rats about small bets at big odds!

Want to see what big bets that they are actually  taking!

When they are not accepting bets from certain punters it is blatant BS!

I hear some big bets on the telly before some races

do you have access to a telly brodster

and you will need sky

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

I hear some big bets on the telly before some races

do you have access to a telly brodster

and you will need sky

Ranga, I want to see what they are taking and how much they are taking on the horses.

They take money from some punters and not others!

Hardly KIND!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, I want to see what they are taking and how much they are taking on the horses.

They take money from some punters and not others!

Hardly KIND!!

Why don't you write to the queen of kindness St Jacinda, our beloved PM, about your predicament mate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

JJ, all the thumbs down is very upsetting!

Do you have an agenda??

Nope, your the agenda man on here. Except I'm suggesting your posts are so repetitive and boring they would make an onion cry.

Not that it will stop you from carrying on with the same old usual nonsense. . Unhinged has your number obviously. He knows the figures and kindly outlined them to you. i.e plenty of punters liked the mile racing , we all know you don't but you DONT matter anymore cos you dont own horses or bet  on them .The NZTAB could not give a toss about you and your crusade but you dont seen to be able to comprehend that. Further, look how far its got you and your one supporter. 

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Nope, your the agenda man on here. Except I'm suggesting your posts are so repetitive and boring they would make an onion cry.

Not that it will stop you from carrying on with the same old usual nonsense. . Unhinged has your number obviously. He knows the figures and kindly outlined them to you. i.e plenty of punters liked the mile racing , we all know you don't but you DONT matter anymore cos you dont own horses or bet  on them .The NZTAB could not give a toss about you and your crusade but you dont seen to be able to comprehend that. Further, look how far its got you and your one supporter. 

To be fair JJ, you couldnt really be called an excitement machine!

Not sure why you say that Unhinged has got my number?

I am still waiting for the numbers in regard to the $1.1 million turnover, how much on And offcourse?

How much on win and place and the exotics etc.

What I guarantee is that turnover would be a helluva lot better if the accountants allowed punters to actually offload.

As for the TAB not giving a toss about me is irrelevant I wouldve thought?

Financially I dont need them but they certainly need to continue to attract new punters!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The NZTAB could not give a toss about you and your crusade but you dont seen to be able to comprehend that. Further, look how far its got you and your one supporter. 

They should "give a toss"!

I've talked to a number of punters who are medium to large punters who have had bets reduced to ludicrously low levels.  Ironically many of those bets were losing bets.

A few couldn't even get $20 on an Exacta @ $5!  Now that is on a new bet type where one could expect some tolerance to accepting a loss.  Of course it didn't stop the TAB from giving the BGP a gift Exacta at thousands of dollars of losses.

As these punters have said the risk algorithm is wrong (the declining isn't being done by human intervention) and is probably based on Paddy Powers larger pool liquidity.

It is affecting many punters and not just those who are largely winning punters.

The end result is the creation of an incentive to look elsewhere I.e. OZ bookies.  In the cases I've seen there was better value offered elsewhere.  So it becomes a downward spiral - people talk, punters get pissed off and start huting for betting value - NZ pools drop further.

Then all we have left is clipping a smaller % off overseas bookies.  What the hell - why not outsource the whole outfit and save about $50m a year with the stroke a pen.

• Champ Post 1

Brods said - "Financially I dont need them".

Karrots says - Fabulous Rangi you have brought to my attention someone else that can afford to donate the $10 to our Jewels prize comp 😃

1. repeat 2. repeat 3. repeat, how many more times should I be repeating this, incase some peeps missed it 🤔

Was actually thinking if we don’t get the $50, Ill just donate the remaining $30 to get to $50. My idea after all, but would be disappointed, if not 1 other poster along side Chief & I, comes to the $10 party as this once off.

Anyone know what the turnover was at Rangiora today?

Didnt watch any of the races live but did look at so e tote pools a d they werent that flash!

Can not see where anyone posted how the $1.1m turnover was made up, or was it made up??

Punting on harness racing is losing its appeal with many people due to the Bookmakers attitude.

Edited by Brodie