Bit Of A Yarn

SUGAR APPLE GETS A START!!

Congratulations Jones on Sugar Apple getting a start in the Jewels. And what a draw! You should get a dream run from that draw and chance to pay a dividend. All the best

The draws have evened up some of the other races with the likes of Krug, Copy That, Bolt for Brilliance, Mexicana and Amazing Dream badly drawn and will need to be driven for luck. 

Go the Jewels!!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Davis said:

Congratulations Jones on Sugar Apple getting a start in the Jewels. And what a draw! You should get a dream run from that draw and chance to pay a dividend. All the best

The draws have evened up some of the other races with the likes of Krug, Copy That, Bolt for Brilliance, Mexicana and Amazing Dream badly drawn and will need to be driven for luck. 

Go the Jewels!!

Very much doubt that half the horse's you mentioned will be driven for luck but it sure looks like they will need some,game on i say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davis said:

Go the Jewels!!

Brilliant !!

I'm frothing at the mouth waiting for the Great Days racing now !! (or is that the covid causing that? no hang on, it's Melbourne in Lockdown 4th time, again for a week with a big outbreak, so we are still  ok in Brisvegas, and off to the big gallops tomorrow we go. Phew...

• Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

Hello the troll is Back !! nothing to say Ludwig ? and no sense of humour? there's no offence to anyone on my post, so go stick your Trolling downvotes on your OWN posts or where the sun don't shine, and have a beer to chill out.

Davis (starting this post) and myself and a few others actually enjoy the Jewels and good harness racing from the Best horses racing in New Zealand. I am excited to be going to see the best gallopers in Australia at Eagle Farm tomorrow as well. So let's celebrate some Class !!  What sort of person trolls a harness chat site.? lol..........

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Davis said:

Go the Jewels!!

It certainly has now after thinking The dream will just coast in 4 y-o mares,  I give Need You know a win chance only IF she can get to the top at some stage in race then take a breather & then motor home last 400. Same as La Rosa in 3 y-os fillies.

Yay doing the HAPPY dance for Sugar Apple. Potential top 4 chance, as long as they don’t give the rail line away to Cullen runners, as that risks their 3 runners playing musical chairs & then that number 1 draw could end up with Sugar 4 or 5 back rail. Of course they may not get an option if the 2 Lous drawn 1 & 2 can't hold them out. 

What will BD Joes tactics be ... Wonder if connections think they can hold Krug in straight ..., B Butcher is a great front running driver at Cambridge. Or if they get tactical & hand up mid race to someone they think they can run past up passing lane, planting Krug 3 back mid race ...

The final on the card R9 well well well, who will be the victor of that ... 

We shall all see next Sunday how things eventuate.

Roll on the Jewels.

Edited by Jones
  • Like 1

Fixed opening odds out now

$5 place Davis for Sugar Apple,  No 1st 4 out yet.

1. Amazing Dream 1.85

2. Need you Know 2.30

1= Highgrove & Mystic Max equal fav 2.50

1. Bettor Twist 1.55

2. La Rosa 3.40

3. Off and Gone has already gone down from 8.50 - 7.50

1. Krug 1.90

2. BD Joe 4.80

1. Muscle Mountain 1.70

2. B4B 3.80

1. Copy That 3.40

2. South Coast Arden 3.50

3. Bad to the Bone 4.20

• Like 1

The plot thickens, just to add in more excitement to the 3 y-o boys. Telfer trained Alta Wiseguy wins today highest rating workout with Workout with the Stars in a MR1.53.8 beating Copy That and co.

Sugar Apple got 3rd in 2 y-o heat. 

No videos up yet. But based off that would it be Alta Wiseguy, who leads & BD Joe trails & Krug 3 back ... 

Roll on next Sunday.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jones said:

The plot thickens, just to add in more excitement to the 3 y-o boys. Telfer trained Alta Wiseguy wins today highest rating workout with Workout with the Stars in a MR1.53.8 beating Copy That and co.

Sugar Apple got 3rd in 2 y-o heat. 

No videos up yet. But based off that would it be Alta Wiseguy, who leads & BD Joe trails & Krug 3 back ... 

Roll on next Sunday.

I can't see blair orange not attempting to come off the fence early on. I think he will likely settle midfield,one off. His biggest problem to do that will probably be d butcher who has drawn alongside him. Butcher probably more interested in keeping krug on fence than he would be in getting himself in the right position .If krug elects to stay on the fence he may as well not turn up,and orange knows that. Krug has a bit over the  field ability wise.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

providing the races arent abandoned if we get too rain, the Addington fields Sunday are a helluva lot more interesting than racing at Cambridge over the mile!

Overhyped and over rated is Jewels Day!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

providing the races arent abandoned if we get too rain, the Addington fields Sunday are a helluva lot more interesting than racing at Cambridge over the mile!

Overhyped and over rated is Jewels Day!!!

Hehe feel completely opposite Brods, want to hit fast forward button, so can literally get to day quicker. And lil interest in races between then and now. Yes hope it doesn’t rain.

Oh you aren’t participating in hunt for the Golden Horse shoe to win tickets to the races.  Thought you might be all over it hehe.

Good Place money up for grabs. Alta Wiseguy 5.50 paying more than Sugar Apple. In a drivers interview today, B Butcher said they buzzed him off the gate to see if he could finish off the race & he did nicely, so now they have options.

No driver down yet for BD Joe or Alta Wiseguy …

3 hours ago, the galah said:

I can't see blair orange not attempting to come off the fence early on.

Yes Galahs that could happen, be interesting to see exactly what happens.

Looking forward to seeing how much the final turnover is … Saw they sponsored an article in a magazine with an itinerary planned long weekend in Cambridge which includes the Jewels on Sunday. Trying to encourage people to go & spend Queens Weekend in Cambridge. (Good idea).

Pulling out all the stops so it will be interesting to see turnover.

• Like 1

Here are the 2 y-o finalists - Who is going to take out the 2 y-o final crown in each division? Will it be JJ, will it be Ranga, will it be Marky Mark or Davis, Trotsfan or Taupiri?

1. Sugar Apple - Karrots/Jonesy
  2. My Ultimate Chevron - Fitzy
  3. Franco Mac - Nowornever
  4. Major Perry - Ranga
  5. Akuta - JJ Flash
  6. Cosmic Major - Horace
  7. Mr Ibiza - Dougie
  8. Mercury Rising - Paleface Adios
  9. Montana DJ - Roman
  10. Ardens Horizon - Richie
  11. Your so Fine -   Unhinged
  12. Hunts - Classy Operator

1. Ahwell - Bill $ & Aimee
  2. Mr Love - Shad
  3. Kowhai Sunset - The Horseman
  4. Mystic Max - Galah
  5. Quik Barbie - Spatchcock
  6. Voronov - Roman
  7. Highgrove - Marky Mark
  8. Double Delight - Davis/Gamms
  9. American Muscle - Longowner
  10. Ellaria Sand - Harewood
  11. Emma Joy - Teaz
  12. Faith in Manchester
  13. King City - Mehe

1. Miki Montana - Mikey NZ
  2. A Bettor You - Jonny Longshot
  3. True Fantasy - Derek
  4. Montana Glory - Trotsfan
  5. Suntan - Taupiri
  6. Anna Love - Bazzer
  7. Chevrons Bypass - With A Dream
  8. Emmy - Mikie
  9. Dance Til Dawn - Kick in the kods
  10. Play Philly - Bloss
  11. Ill avbublles - Brods
  12. Mr Kaplan - Robalan
  13. Kachng Kaching - Chief
Edited by Jones

35 minutes ago, Jones said:

Here are the 2 y-o finalists - Who is going to take out the 2 y-o final crown in each division? Will it be JJ,

Definitely JJ . Mr Flash to be joined at the Bar for a round of 'shouts' by the Galah and Taupiri Wonder as it looks.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 3:51 PM, Gammalite said:

Hello the troll is Back !! nothing to say Ludwig ? and no sense of humour? there's no offence to anyone on my post, so go stick your Trolling downvotes on your OWN posts or where the sun don't shine, and have a beer to chill out.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, JJ Flash said:

A Luwig type person- just ignore him Gamma.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:44 AM, Ludwig said:

If you don't want to see  someone's posts, then use the mute button. That's what it's for. It's very simple. Thanks Chief.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Davis said:

Copy That

A shame the highest rating race didn’t get off the ground this week for those wanting runs including Copy That.

Never gave an opinion on Cambridge following thru with their meeting tomorrow. The plus is Cambridge drivers get a chance to make money, trainers get horses starts, owners get a chance to pick up some coin. Workers like the starter get work etc. Mana have mini-meetings. So not highly unusual nowadays 2021 in North.

During these highly unusual times re Covid a 1 off acceptation could be made for Cambridge. A 2nd time then look at pulling the plug. However on other hand, IF it's just going to be losing meeting money wise, then that argument should of been put forth to reschedule to a North grass track meeting or another time, as they did Alex Covid cancelled races. BUT NOT give meeting to "me, me, me" SOUTH. Who hold majority of meetings anyway. BUT def go thru ALL noms to make sure ZERO double ups before finalising fields!

Fitzgerald - hey you are no longer "Off N Stalking Karrots" lol 😄. Haven’t seen ad appear for a few days now, instead have a new stalker no other than the one & only Mr Mute Man himself Ludwig. Does the EXACT COMPLETE OPPOSITE to his statement "muting" lol. 

Seems have another that is getting obsessed too Ranga, comes on today, only post entire day so far trots-side, as per usual does not post about actual subject thread, instead chimes to a name call Ludwig has made about me. Living rent free in their minds. So much for them moving on - “hope so”. Nothing more than hypocritical behaviour as per usual.

Funny looking back on this thread.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 9.37.22 AM.jpg

Edited by Karrotsisback