Bit Of A Yarn

Elephant in the Room

In all honesty Probabeel should be fav for the Cox Plate after yesterday, I lived a stones throw from the Valley, trained a few winners there, walked the track many times, feel if Incetivise goes to the Plate he might not be suited, the pressure goes on there a long way out, he's a super good horse I'm not knocking him, but the mare has the racing pattern to suit that track......IMO, if I was the Lindsay's I'd be getting really excited.

31 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

J.Mac and now D.Lane not up to scratch!!Unbelievable..probably the top 2 hoops in Oz.

JMac hasn't been in top form lately.  Many commentators have said that.

As for Elephant I only made a comment that the Jockey stopped persevering with Elephant fairly early in the run home.

Of course @holy ravioli you can rely on past observations rather than viewing the present.

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

JMac hasn't been in top form lately.  Many commentators have said that.

As for Elephant I only made a comment that the Jockey stopped persevering with Elephant fairly early in the run home.

Of course @holy ravioli you can rely on past observations rather than viewing the present.

These 'commentators' need to check out -Racing New South Wales Home (racingnsw.com.au)-JMac is  dominant.

Jockeys in Oz and HK have to ride their horses out.

56 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

I did watch the race.

Elephant was pushed out 3 wide and spent halfway down the strait.

No jockey error.

I didn't say there was Jockey error.  Your bias took you there not me.

So we agree the Jockey stopped riding halfway down the straight because the horse was doing its best.

38 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I didn't say there was Jockey error.  Your bias took you there not me.

So we agree the Jockey stopped riding halfway down the straight because the horse was doing its best.

Fair enough...my apology.

It was this comment I attributed to you by mistake-'I thought Elephant got a poor ride from the draw'

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

They were 0.5 seconds off the track record too.  So it wasn't a bad run.  

Have they decided to finish this campaign?

No idea.  But I shouldn't think they'd ask too much more, surely?

Tough competition and he's tried hard every time. 

1 minute ago, Freda said:

No idea.  But I shouldn't think they'd ask too much more, surely?

Tough competition and he's tried hard every time. 

Well his target was the Cox Plate which they won't get a run in now.  So I guess the option is to give him one more run as planned in something else.

Caulfield did catch Zaaki out as well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well his target was the Cox Plate which they won't get a run in now.  So I guess the option is to give him one more run as planned in something else.

Caulfield did catch Zaaki out as well.

Zaaki was beaten about a length and a half by 2 good horses.

How did Caulfield 'catch him out'?

14 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

How did Caulfield 'catch him out'?

The super hard surface for one.

This is what Craig Williams said:  "He's not as comfortable around Caulfield and even when they outsprinted him late, he still stuck on. 

Neashem didn't agree and felt the early dawdle didn't help him and Williams should have let him bowl along rather than constrain him.

35 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The super hard surface for one.

This is what Craig Williams said:  "He's not as comfortable around Caulfield and even when they outsprinted him late, he still stuck on. 

Neashem didn't agree and felt the early dawdle didn't help him and Williams should have let him bowl along rather than constrain him.

So Neasham didn't think the track caught him out.Very good.

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

She wasn't riding him.

No kidding!

Williams tries to find a plausible excuse on why he was beaten on a $1.20 pop.

Had a cushy run and was presented to win.

Of course the person who made this statement...'Caulfield did catch Zaaki out as well.'

Didn't ride him either.Lol.

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

That's my opinion.  But there is some irony in that you deride my JMac comment but then proceed to deride Williams view.

Two different circumstances...you referred to anonymous 'commentators',and are now citing the actual rider in 1 event.

JMac has the most wins,best % s/r and earnings of all the elite jockeys in NSW.

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

JMac has the most wins,best % s/r and earnings of all the elite jockeys in NSW.

So he should given the horse talent he gets to ride.  However that isn't to say he hasn't recently gone through a flat patch interspersed with some rides that have been below his normal standard.

But you're the expert judge who only seems to post to knock a selected few individuals opinions.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So he should given the horse talent he gets to ride.  However that isn't to say he hasn't recently gone through a flat patch interspersed with some rides that have been below his normal standard.

But you're the expert judge who only seems to post to knock a selected few individuals opinions.

I believe in statements made on a factual basis,not an emotional one.

He gets good rides because trainers,owners and even his fellow jocks acknowledge his exceptionnal ability.

When did this 'flat patch' occur...is it current?

p.s I realise he did not win on some well fancied runners...c'est la..vie!