Bit Of A Yarn

Elephant in the Room

41 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

imagine they are kiwi trainers? how did they go in NZ ? going pretty well over here in Oz

They have a big team here.  Emma-lee and their 3 children are back here with David campaigning in OZ.

He may not be home by Christmas due to MIQ.

But they think Elephant is a very good horse and the sacrifice is worth it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, Gammalite said:

But stable-mate RHINOCEROS won today

And again tonight at Moonee Valley to see in October !! The Rhino at $5.50 and $1.70 on Sportsbet too. 

Not to be out-done by stablemate ELEPHANT the Rhino getting another win too. Hope some of you were on ok !!!!

On 3/09/2021 at 5:40 PM, nomates said:

Big step up for him and not sure 1 is the ideal gate for him , $4.8 is a bit short for me to , but hope he still wins .

I see a couple of races earlier Khama Lass is running for Te Akau , smart horse with a sharp turn of foot , 21's at the moment , think she might go out a bit more yet , might be worth a couple of bucks .

I hope some of you followed this mare , 10s so nice money , hope you had some on Joe .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomates said:

I actually quite like Sword of State today for them , much better draw and much fitter, can't see the mare beating Zaaki .

She's a gem .     Probabeel and Melody Belle and Verry Elleegant are the NZ equal of ...........

Winx and Arcadia Queen and Black Caviar of Oz great mares ... 

(and my best favourite mare Amazing Dream !! with a very honourable mention lol)

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

30 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

She's a gem .     Probabeel and Melody Belle and Verry Elleegant are the NZ equal of ...........

Winx and Arcadia Queen and Black Caviar of Oz great mares ... 

(and my best favourite mare Amazing Dream !! with a very honourable mention lol)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I wouldn't rate Melody Belle in that company. You have to rate horses based on who they are beating. I can't recall too many champions that Melody Belle beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Hypothetical, who would win a 2 horse match race over a mile with equal weights, Melody Belle or Sunline?

That's a tough one ! but will have to add Sunline into the NZ mares team (along with Jeezabeel and Ethereal for taking Cup honours in the last 1/4 century brilliantly)  Like-wise Makybe Diva goes in for Oz with 3 x MC's and Cox Plate. and also Miss Andretti with her 5 track records. 

so we have Probabeel, Melody Belle, Verry Elleegant, Sunline, Jezabeel, and Ethereal for NZ

versus ........Winx, Arcadia Queen, Black Caviar, Makybe Diva and Miss Andretti for Oz  

looks like Aussie mares showing a heap of 'Dash' but completely 'outstayed' by the great kiwi mares in the end !

2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Hypothetical, who would win a 2 horse match race over a mile with equal weights, Melody Belle or Sunline?

Only 1 winner there Joe , MB never had the cruising speed the great mare had , Sunline IMO is the best mare out of NZ ever. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

I'd be dropping Black Caviar out of it over a mile, FWIW I think Sunline was a superior mare to all of those mentioned above, I actually think Showgate would have beaten them all bar Sunline, but hey, that's just me thinking out loud.

I was going to say that if you wanted a hypothetical great kiwi mare match race, then that would have to be it. Showgate - Sunlne @ 1 mile. I'd be fair scratching my head trying to price a market for that.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

I've never seen anything like BC, the power,presence the dominance of her wins, her like I do not think I'll see again in my lifetime. Never been more excited watching a horse that I didn't own run than her! None more deserving of the word Freak than her imo.

A Winx vs. Sunline over a mile would have been some race, not sure Winx could have run the mare down either.

Be fair to say Probabeel is the best horse the TA machine have trained, certainly better than the other 2 mares with some very questionable G1s by their name. She is undoubtedly from the very top draw based on her Aus wins, she would have utterly dominated in NZ as the other two did,but has performed at the very highest class instead.

Her win yesterday her best imo , the way she fought back is only for the good ones.

• Like 1