Bit Of A Yarn

Elephant in the Room

ELEPHANT steps up to a Group 2 WFA tomorrow at Moonee Valley after winning his first 5 starts for NZ .

Is he able to take that step ? and CRUSH the opposition once again. carries 59kg this time? but drawn the 1 alley. Give it a shake for the kiwis anyway ?

At Brisbane some more animals involved , where we have the RATTLESNAKE racing in Race 8 Eagle Farm. Is Sure to give the opposition a shake and recoiling in terror lol.

• Like 1

Big step up for him and not sure 1 is the ideal gate for him , $4.8 is a bit short for me to , but hope he still wins .

I see a couple of races earlier Khama Lass is running for Te Akau , smart horse with a sharp turn of foot , 21's at the moment , think she might go out a bit more yet , might be worth a couple of bucks .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

ELEPHANT steps up to a Group 2 WFA tomorrow at Moonee Valley after winning his first 5 starts for NZ .

Is he able to take that step ? and CRUSH the opposition once again. carries 59kg this time? but drawn the 1 alley. Give it a shake for the kiwis anyway ?

At Brisbane some more animals involved , where we have the RATTLESNAKE racing in Race 8 Eagle Farm. Is Sure to give the opposition a shake and recoiling in terror lol.

David and Emma-Lee Browne are campaigning a few horses in OZ at the moment.

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Big step up for him and not sure 1 is the ideal gate for him , $4.8 is a bit short for me to , but hope he still wins .

I see a couple of races earlier Khama Lass is running for Te Akau , smart horse with a sharp turn of foot , 21's at the moment , think she might go out a bit more yet , might be worth a couple of bucks .

Drawn 17 at the Valley?  

1 hour ago, Huey said:

I'll be cheering him home, he is exactly what we need in racing in this country at the moment.

I'll back something else should help him out ; )

I liked the way he won first up fresh at Caulfield with some ease.  Not many NZ horses do that unless they are special.  But not much form out of that race.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

I don't like the one draw, and this is a huge step up in class. I hope he does well, but not with my money. False favorite for mine.

I don't like the draw either but he did draw 2 for his Caulfield win.  The issue with the draw is if the track has gone off by the time race 8 comes along.  Agree $5 (in OZ) is a little too short in this field.  No value at $4.50 on NZ TAB.

6 hours ago, nomates said:

Scratched . Put the money saved onto the Lindsey's horse in the 6th , Zouzarella , 8's and drifting , impressive at first start .

Hope some of you got on , out to 13's in the end , grouse type , 1000gns i think , will be much better again on a bigger track .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nomates said:

Just went thru Elephants race again and really the field isn't that great , S Sue and S O Avalon biggest dangers rest out of form or stayers resuming . The Hickmont horse is an interesting runner but you would think he has longer targets . So i'm in at 4.5 .

Well he will have to absolutely zonk this field if he is going to be competitive against Zaaki in the Cox Plate.  

• Like 1

Just now, Huey said:

They'd have to be pretty happy with that run, looks a good un alright.

He's tough alright.  Certainly can pick up a Grp race in OZ.  Not so sure about beating Zaaki though.  If they are kicking onto the Cox they are going to have to pick up a decent win somewhere before then.

I think he is better on a better track.  For a moment I thought he was gone and they were going to swamp him but he kept giving.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

He's tough alright.  Certainly can pick up a Grp race in OZ.  Not so sure about beating Zaaki though.  If they are kicking onto the Cox they are going to have to pick up a decent win somewhere before then.

I think he is better on a better track.  For a moment I thought he was gone and they were going to swamp him but he kept giving.  

At this early stage it looks like only the Valley could upset Zaaki, Elephant appeared to handle it well.

Great run , 6th run , never run in a black type race and steps up to WFA and gets pipped on the post in a G2 , that is a massive ask and everything is up for him now , i didn't think he looked that comfortable coming round the MV bend , wobbled out which allowed the winner a run . Has a big heart and will give us something to cheer this spring .

• Like 3

Well the ELEPHANT from NZ might of gone under by a nose/head in the Group 2 Feehan Stakes at Moonee Valley last Sat,

But stable-mate RHINOCEROS won today at Sandown by 3 lengths at $4 odds. !! very nice.

For Emma Lee and David Browne.

I imagine they are kiwi trainers? how did they go in NZ ? going pretty well over here in Oz