Bit Of A Yarn

Elephant in the Room

6 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Mac's rides recently have raised eyebrows and caused him to troop into the stewards warren, that's fact, not supposition.

He has a specific style that centres around timing the last run and from time to time either his timing is off or the tracks don't suit.

The Randwick and Rosehill tracks seem to be cutting out more and more for some reason.  They are certainly not racing as fair and even as the Melbourne tracks.

17 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

He gets good rides because trainers,owners and even his fellow jocks acknowledge his exceptionnal ability.

Could be an Extremely big pay day this week with Nature Strip all going well. Jmac will be hoping Eduardo isn't eye-balling.

That Sydney Metro racing is just so Darn TIGHT. they are bumping and bashing every race now it seems. Berry and Bowman have completely bumped over opponents past year (Avdulla still out I think) it's like a charge of the Light Brigade !!! all cannons firing.

Can see it is very hard to even contemplate winning race after race in that arena. Jmac grabbing some anyway.

15 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

I agree that James McDonald has been off his game of late - to my eye anyway. Damian Lane is in the same boat, but they're classy jocks, so they'll be right.

Lane had 7 rides on Sat-1st,2x2nd and a 3rd.

JMac had a Grp2 win,a Grp 3 win,3 seconds and a 3rd./9 rides-1 pulled up /vet check.Not bad for someone 'off' their game.

Amarehlina and Elephant ran down the track.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

It's your opinion ...not fact at all.

Well, the fact he's been questioned over some of his rides recently is fact, it's on record, open inquiries even, and as for Caulfield, I spent 5 years there as foreman in one of the biggest stables in Melbourne during the early 80's, and actually witnessed what I wrote, walked the track so many times, and tragically lost the best horse I ever trained there, so I'm better placed than you to comment.....IMO of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Well, the fact he's been questioned over some of his rides recently is fact, it's on record, open inquiries even, and as for Caulfield, I spent 5 years there as foreman in one of the biggest stables in Melbourne during the early 80's, and actually witnessed what I wrote, walked the track so many times, and tragically lost the best horse I ever trained there, so I'm better placed than you to comment.....IMO of course.

It is a well known in racing that Caufield can be a tricky track for a horse having it's first run there , i haven't walked it , but have heard many top trainers and form analysts state it over the years and always factor it in when studying a race there .

But as with all things it isn't a 100% reliable stat , as many horses get around it just fine first time .

2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

This is your opinion -'Caulfield brings more horses undone than does the Valley'

20 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

This is your opinion -'Caulfield brings more horses undone than does the Valley'

Geez you're a pedantic, argumentative bugger aren't you? Ok, I've trained more winners than you at the Valley, I'll bet, we lived a stones throw from 'Money' Valley and as I trained for one of the biggest punters in VIC at the time I had to get it right, so we walked the track before the dosh went on, I know that track backwards, and although tricky most horses get around the Valley ok, it's the jockeys that get it wrong, some of the visiting jocks get lost HR, lost, so I'm just trying to explain it how I see it.....and have done from the 70's through to now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Geez you're a pedantic, argumentative bugger aren't you? Ok, I've trained more winners than you at the Valley, I'll bet, we lived a stones throw from 'Money' Valley and as I trained for one of the biggest punters in VIC at the time I had to get it right, so we walked the track before the dosh went on, I know that track backwards, and although tricky most horses get around the Valley ok, it's the jockeys that get it wrong, some of the visiting jocks get lost HR, lost, so I'm just trying to explain it how I see it.....and have done from the 70's through to now.

You've definately trained more winners at the Valley than me...and Caulfield too...and...

For those that got some off Kahma Lass on last Saturday at Caulfield , she is backing up on this Saturday in the Tristarc G2 for fillies and mares and has only gone up 1,5 kg's , has opened at 14s , way over for mine and nearly broke my fingers getting my money on . Only issue will be the rain if it comes as forecast .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nomates said:

For those that got some off Kahma Lass on last Saturday at Caulfield , she is backing up on this Saturday in the Tristarc G2 for fillies and mares and has only gone up 1,5 kg's , has opened at 14s , way over for mine and nearly broke my fingers getting my money on . Only issue will be the rain if it comes as forecast .

Odds on they will get rain.  Forecast is for 45mm Thursday, Friday, Saturday.  Probability 90-100%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Odds on they will get rain.  Forecast is for 45mm Thursday, Friday, Saturday.  Probability 90-100%

Yeah fore cast is awful heading into a big day , but i don't think she will run if wet , i just thought i would get the odds while available .

On 13/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, nomates said:

Soft 8 - scratched.  She'll keep.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So if I or @Joe Bloggssay it we are poor judge's but if JMac or you say it you are on the money!  

No ..all 3 are stating the obvious ,measured to 'horses for courses...I'm sure you are familiar with the term.

JMac actually rides unlike us,and Annabel Neasham but his opinion is no more relevant re this issue.i.e 'opinion'.

Verifiable stats are what reinforces facts as opposed to..opinion.

2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

No ..all 3 are stating the obvious ,measured to 'horses for courses...I'm sure you are familiar with the term.

JMac actually rides unlike us,and Annabel Neasham but his opinion is no more relevant re this issue.i.e 'opinion'.

Verifiable stats are what reinforces facts as opposed to..opinion.

But you disagreed initially but now have changed your mind?