Bit Of A Yarn

Dogs At Reefton??

Newmarket

10 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

5 x I counted in stabling area, 3 in picture. Not every stable has a dog, I thought dogs on course was against the rules? 

I'm not sure it is a HRNZ rule.  Does it depend on what each Club decides?  I've been to race meetings where dogs were allowed as long as they were on a lead.  Been to a couple of gallops meetings where GAP where there with Greyhounds for Adoption.

It is up to each individual club if dogs are allowed on tracks.  As many trainers, including ourselves, have dogs as long they are on leads and well behaved there is no problem at all.  Most of the trainers dogs are around horses everyday of the week and are use to horses.  

some dogs are more well behaved than some on course patrons!

Edited by Wobbly
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Wobbly said:

It is up to each individual club if dogs are allowed on tracks.  As many trainers, including ourselves, have dogs as long they are on leads and well behaved there is no problem at all.  Most of the trainers dogs are around horses everyday of the week and are use to horses.  

Yes very rarely do you see canines climbing the fence naked and inebriated.

From my experience on the rarely occasion that dogs have caused a problem they have come from adjoining properties and not brought on course.

2 hours ago, Wobbly said:

All very well saying your dogs are good around horses but the question is are all horse's good around dogs.  I can tell you from personal experience and three laps around  the woodend carpark being dragged by a horse no they are not. Fine on course but not in stable area.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Unhinged said:

All very well saying your dogs are good around horses but the question is are all horse's good around dogs.  I can tell you from personal experience and three laps around  the woodend carpark being dragged by a horse no they are not. Fine on course but not in stable area.

Thank god Unhinged, somebody with a brain. Signs everywhere stating who can and can’t enter the stabling area, didn’t see…anyone with a mutt is welcome. 

I like dogs, but from a H&S aspect why would you allow dogs in the stabling area, some horses and trainers may not want dogs around. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, Newmarket said:

Thank god Unhinged, somebody with a brain. Signs everywhere stating who can and can’t enter the stabling area, didn’t see…anyone with a mutt is welcome. 

I like dogs, but from a H&S aspect why would you allow dogs in the stabling area, some horses and trainers may not want dogs around. 

What a snot you must be. Are you a trouble maker, you sound like one,  ban your fooken self tossar, you are the threat to Health and Safety, snots like you need a rule for everything. Dick heads like you are whats wrong with this world now. Weak bastards.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The rule on the course is no dogs on the course BUT......

To my frustration most people seem to ignore it.  Our meeting was awash with dogs and Kumara yesterday the same some of them unleashed as well.

Of course the Reefton track does a fair trade in campervans and caravan parks and plenty of that group have hounds. 

Think there might be some action the first time one runs on a track during a race but until then....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Think there might be some action the first time one runs on a track during a race but until then...

Don't you have more trouble with the humans running onto the tracks there. ? rather than dogs.

That bloke in Wellington gave the jocks a bit of a fright not long ago. That was freaky. 

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

What a snot you must be. Are you a trouble maker, you sound like one,  ban your fooken self tossar, you are the threat to Health and Safety, snots like you need a rule for everything. Dick heads like you are whats wrong with this world now. Weak bastards.

Try and discuss the issue, not just get nasty.

• Like 2

On 9/01/2022 at 9:21 AM, aquaman said:

Wow, what a response!!

Mind you Aquaman, You probably assume I don’t like dogs, or even want your beloved greyhound sport to continue. That’s not the case, sadly the greyhound brigade only have themselves to blame if the sport is banned. Probably hot heads like you that have not helped over the years, the sport has been run by arrogant clowns in a pathetic circus for years. 

So, do I want dog racing banned, I couldn’t care one way or the other, never bet on them. 

Do I think dogs should be allowed to race meetings, no. 

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Wow, what a response!!

Mind you Aquaman, You probably assume I don’t like dogs, or even want your beloved greyhound sport to continue. That’s not the case, sadly the greyhound brigade only have themselves to blame if the sport is banned. Probably hot heads like you that have not helped over the years, the sport has been run by arrogant clowns in a pathetic circus for years. 

So, do I want dog racing banned, I couldn’t care one way or the other, never bet on them. 

Do I think dogs should be allowed to race meetings, no. 

Why don't you see dogs around the Stables at Addington or Alex Park,  simply because they have health and safety plans in place. Smaller clubs run  by volunteers seem to think the same rules don't apply,  sad news is they can still get prosecuted. If you  knowingly ignore a known hazard you are liable,  simple as that.

• Like 1